Benson Henderson Thinks Jon Jones Has Earned Right to Pick Opponents

Edmond Rousey

Blue Belt
Reaction score
DEyCn_JA.jpeg

Benson Henderson Thinks Jon Jones Has Earned Right to Pick His Own Opponents:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2087973-benson-henderson-thinks-jon-jones-has-earned-right-to-pick-opponent

Edit: I personally disagree.

Last edited:
Bendo will agree with everything that JBJ does. He looks up to him like a big brother. :icon_chee

Benson is the new definition of playing it safe.

...since the old definition retired.

he's coming for dat #2 spot (look below)

personally I don't have a problem with Jones fighting DC next. I would prefer Gus, but I am very interested in the DC fight as well.

I don't agree, in principle, with a champion "picking his fights".

I just think, in practice, Jones wants to fight a really tough guy (DC) who has a legit claim to be being the #1 contender.

Meanwhile Dana is trying to tell me that the UFC just wants to make the right fight and not so long ago he was telling me that Chael Sonnen deserved a title shot at 205 against Jones. And Belfort.

Bendo needs to STFU. Nobody should ever pick their opponents.

Well that fits because Benson is also self-righteous and obnoxious.

you couldn't even write a character who is as completely against the spirit of MMA as Benson is.

I want to fight the best only, but I get to pick em'
-Benson

No champ should hand pick opponents.

What about non champions?

Personally I think it's a right that fighters should be able to earn. I would only qualify a handful of guys who currently 'should' but Jones would fall in that list.

What about non champions?

Personally I think it's a right that fighters should be able to earn. I would only qualify a handful of guys who currently 'should' but Jones would fall in that list.

Then you'd be what's wrong with the sport. How the fuck can you ever justify one fighter being able to decide who they feel should be fighting them next? It's far enough from a legit ranking system as it is, that'd only add to the stupidity.

the fucking decision guy saying this kind of shit

i hope you get fucking destroyed, knocked out by a fucking suplex

war khabilov

Bones and Bendo had/have the same manager. Bendo rushing to his defense is no surprise.

A Champion used to be known as a person who would take a fight anytime, anywhere. On the flipside do you expect any less from a sport that is catering towards a generation that bases it's wins off of which fight is the most promotable, and sells the most tickets as opposed to skillset and or rankings.

Back