Benson Henderson Thinks Jon Jones Has Earned Right to Pick Opponents

well he wasn't the most classy champ either, so it's not really a surprise, i'm sure he would have liked to choose his oponents too

I disagree, except for certain circumstances.

still a big fan of Bendo.

To some degree I'd say he has, the first match with Gus whilst very close was in the majorities opinion won by Jones and DC is also in most peoples option the other big threat in the division.

Then you'd be what's wrong with the sport. How the fuck can you ever justify one fighter being able to decide who they feel should be fighting them next? It's far enough from a legit ranking system as it is, that'd only add to the stupidity.

Because the UFC owns enough of a fighter as it is, the guys at the highest of level deserve the right to make their own career decisions. But please tell us more about why you love Dana and co. having so much power over the fighters :rolleyes:

And Henderson has lost the right to shut up, seeing as he's not champ anymore, and shouldnt have been after his last 2-3 title defenses.

Benson has the skills of a champ but the mentality he needs a lot of growth. I don't know if JBJ is the best influence eye pokes, trying to pick matches for younger brother Benson. :icon_chee Until he makes logical decisions not swayed by others he shall be known as Benson "Rough around the edges" Henderson.

Last edited:
"those people are idiots"

Indeed.

He's talking about most of you BTW.

Benson has the skills of a champ but the mentality he needs a lot of growth. I don't know if JBJ is the best influence eye pokes, trying to pick matches for younger brother Benson. :icon_chee Until he makes logical decisions not swayed by others he shall be known as Benson "Rough around the edges" Henderson.

JBJ is champion so that is a pretty good influence for any young fighter. You train and get influenced by other champion and winners.

Iron sharpens iron and its not Bensons mentality that has not made him champion but his skills in relation to the other fighters in his division. Pettis has always been a small step ahead so Benson needs to catch up.

No champion should ever pick his opp. He should always be fighting the top 3-4 guys. That's why he is the champion, he needs to keep fighting the best to keep that spot.

Benson never did that, however. So his opinion isn't reflected in his actions.

Never the less queue the hate.

No. The UFC should tell them who they fight. They have contracts.

Jones knows he lost the first time and is afraid of the beating that is on the horizon.

Same management so cant say I am surprised

JBJ is champion so that is a pretty good influence for any young fighter. You train and get influenced by other champion and winners.

Iron sharpens iron and its not Bensons mentality that has not made him champion but his skills in relation to the other fighters in his division. Pettis has always been a small step ahead so Benson needs to catch up.

I shall aid in their dual heel turn then. :icon_chee If you see things the same way you have the same eye blind. I get it they are forming the NWO Scott Hall toothpick and Kevin Nash the tall guy "The Outsiders" way out there.

In a way that's true. He's beaten the best level of competition out of anyone in history that's for sure. Of course he was taller and longer than everyone he fought but facts are facts.

and if the decision was DC or Gus only Jones would face the outrage of picking DC x1000 any other fighter. people really hate Jones... for good reasons IMO. Just look how sherdog forums judged the 1st Gus fight versus the media sites (significantly lent on gus). I don't think even 1 media site scored it for Gus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Epsteins Guard
Back