Benson Henderson: "I

Guida, Thatch, Diaz, Edgar I and Bocek were AWESOME
Edgar II, Cerrone III, Thomson, Rustam, melendez fights SUCKED

He stopped Rustam.

Hey if Condit can get a title shot on 1 win over Alves, then Benson can get pretty damn close at 170.

I like the dude, but I just can't see how Bendo beats Lawler, Rory...shit even Wooley or Big Rig.

I don't think he'll get the WW belt either, but I think he has a far better chance than you're giving him. Especially if he keeps getting these five round fights.

Solid point. This guy has the energy to push a fast pace and wears opponents down.

He stopped Rustam.

Hey if Condit can get a title shot on 1 win over Alves, then Benson can get pretty damn close at 170.

You can be pretty certain that Condit didn't get a title shot by just getting that win over Alves.

He has received tons of gifts but fighting larger men makes him more exciting. Edgar, Edgar, Melendez, and Thomson are all fights he very clearly lost and are a reason the federal government should have investigated and still should investigate the UFC.

You really don't like Bendo.

Name someone at 170 who would beat those guys easily. There are none. The elite of 155 and 170 are really the best fighters in the sport.

lol 155 and 170 are two totally different divisions. There is a reason why mma has divisions. Lawler could move up to 185 and i would give him little chances against Luke, Chris, Yoel and Jacare. And keep in mind that Lawler is the champ.

Same thing with Barao, he could beat any other guy not named TJ but if he moves to fw, I see the top 5 beating him senseless.

And no, I don't dislike Bendo. I just believe that at that level, it is extremely hard to jump to a higher weight class and become champ.

but they can beat each other, i think Bendo would get murked by all of them. He could be at Lombard/Brown level, that's why i said that i don't see him getting that belt. He can win fights for sure, but once he gets a fight against a top 5 guy, things will get ugly for him.

I give Benson a decent chance against Condit, Rory and woodley in a 5 rounder. Especially if Benson is working on packing on the weight as he said he would.

It is just me or is Benson incredibly boring to watch? Maybe it was his 7 decision win streak that put me off him but I am always reminded of Clay Guida... or Frankie Edgar. Tons of energy and activity but not real damage output or efforts to finish.

I used to think this aswell, i actually was a hater but his recent will to fight anyone and even in higher weight classes has made me a fan.

It is just me or is Benson incredibly boring to watch? Maybe it was his 7 decision win streak that put me off him but I am always reminded of Clay Guida... or Frankie Edgar. Tons of energy and activity but not real damage output or efforts to finish.

Outside of Edgar II(which I thought he lost), Melendez and Thompson I thought all his fights were pretty exciting. Melendez, Thompson and Edgar II were good close fights, there just weren't really any big moments in those fights.

He has received tons of gifts but fighting larger men makes him more exciting. Edgar, Edgar, Melendez, and Thomson are all fights he very clearly lost and are a reason the federal government should have investigated and still should investigate the UFC.

No, I thought he lost the 2nd Edgar fight, but I scored every other fight his way. They were close, but I had Bendo winning. The Thompson fight was probably the weirdest of them all because Josh had Bendo's back for a lot of the fight, but Josh inflicted 0 damage in the fight while Bendo did.

I used to be huge Bendo hater(I still dislike the toothpick in his teeth) but this dude is true fighter, War Bendo!!!

m-m-maybe the interviewer st-t-tutter a bit, dunno

IOW, he's going to Bellator.

Lol talk about butthurt. I hope that last sentence is a joke. The UFC didn't want Benson as champ. He wasn't generating buys. They wanted Pettis as champ but the man kept getting injured

Its you

Since losing the lw belt (and possibly starting after his fight against thomson) Bendo has been my favorite Ufc fighter. Pure class (even in bullshit defeat) and actually nuts up about moving up a weight class instead of just talking about it.

Why the hell is he not scheduled for another fight!?!

Back