Benson Henderson: "I

I wish him luck at Welter weight. I wish they wouldn't build him up so slowly. He was elite at lightweight and already has a win over thatch at welterweight. Yet when Gunnar beats thatch, gunnar becomes ranked 11th? da fuck?

It is just me or is Benson incredibly boring to watch? Maybe it was his 7 decision win streak that put me off him but I am always reminded of Clay Guida... or Frankie Edgar. Tons of energy and activity but not real damage output or efforts to finish.

Take whatever the hell is in your mouth (toothpick most likely) out, Ben. Christ...

Not a chance in hell that he gets the ww belt. Guys are bigger, stronger, etc. He will have some interesting fights but that's about it.

Not a chance in hell that he gets the ww belt. Guys are bigger, stronger, etc. He will have some interesting fights but that's about it.

I don't think he'll get the WW belt either, but I think he has a far better chance than you're giving him. Especially if he keeps getting these five round fights.

It is just me or is Benson incredibly boring to watch? Maybe it was his 7 decision win streak that put me off him but I am always reminded of Clay Guida... or Frankie Edgar. Tons of energy and activity but not real damage output or efforts to finish.

Benson is awesome. He beats the shit out of people, even if he doesn't always get the finish. I think it is because his boxing isn't a strong suit. But goodness, watch the Nate Diaz fight again if you want to see damage.

He hasn't sign contract extension yet.
Maybe go to Bellator?

It isn't just you, but I think you're wrong. Bendo has been in a few lacklustre matches and a few incredible fights. His beatdown of Nate was terrific, he handled Guida and Bocek, had a superb match with Thatch (that rhymed!)...some of his fights are dull, sure, but that makes him like most MMA fighters - few are exciting all the time. Calling him "incredibly boring" is ovestating it, I feel.

Oh, I must add (on topic) that Bendo probably wont get another UFC belt, not at WW anyway. He could get a WSOF belt! I think he still would do well against most of the UFC LW division and should still be ranked above Cerrone if he chooses to fight there again.

I don't think he'll get the WW belt either, but I think he has a far better chance than you're giving him. Especially if he keeps getting these five round fights.

i give him a puncher's chance because this is mma and anything can happen. But in my opinion Lawler, Hendricks, Mc Donald, Condit and even Woodley are a different animal than Brandon Tatch. His wresslin might be effective against Condit and Lawler but these 2 guys are killers on their feet and i see them catching him with a big punch and then a flurry. The rest of the guys i mentioned are bigger and won't have issues with his wresslin. He's doomed at ww.

Nope, no chance.

i give him a puncher's chance because this is mma and anything can happen. But in my opinion Lawler, Hendricks, Mc Donald, Condit and even Woodley are a different animal than Brandon Tatch. His wresslin might be effective against Condit and Lawler but these 2 guys are killers on their feet and i see them catching him with a big punch and then a flurry. The rest of the guys i mentioned are bigger and won't have issues with his wresslin. He's doomed at ww.

You just listed the top five guys in the division. Of course they'd be tough as fuck. They're tough for anyone.

Win, lose, or draw; belt or no belt; Benson is one of the better people in the sport and I like to watch him fight. Bendo 4 Lyfe.

War Bendo. Always a fan.

Saw him at the theaters watching Lucy

You just listed the top five guys in the division. Of course they'd be tough as fuck. They're tough for anyone.

but they can beat each other, i think Bendo would get murked by all of them. He could be at Lombard/Brown level, that's why i said that i don't see him getting that belt. He can win fights for sure, but once he gets a fight against a top 5 guy, things will get ugly for him.

You really don't like Bendo.

Name someone at 170 who would beat those guys easily. There are none. The elite of 155 and 170 are really the best fighters in the sport.

Guida, Thatch, Diaz, Edgar I and Bocek were AWESOME
Edgar II, Cerrone III, Thomson, Rustam, melendez fights SUCKED

Back