Benn vs Eubank Jr - DAZN PPV - October 8th

Nigel Benn was known for having a shaky chin, then somehow was able to withstand the punishment from a man with 20 first round KOs.

So what will come out of this? The fight won't happen but it's still a failed drug test and it's not a substance like weed.

So what will come out of this? The fight won't happen but it's still a failed drug test and it's not a substance like weed.
All over the news here, Benn will become the poster boy for steroids in boxing, as Dwayne Chambers became for athletics. If he comes back, who could he beat off the sauce? Chambers couldnt. As much as it enhances you physically, confidence-wise you're through the roof. Tough to return.
Hearn and Sauerland are also getting hammered, for their corruption along with the BBBofC.

Nigel Benn was known for having a shaky chin, then somehow was able to withstand the punishment from a man with 20 first round KOs.

have you actually watched that fight?

also, he took some absolute punishment during his career from fighters who were punchers

are you suggesting that he was on illegal supplements, and that they somehow improved his chin....LMFAO

Get back to bed you fucking idiot

Wilder winning his suit against Povetkin was the most recent one I can recall. Its definitely possible to get purses along with camp/legal costs awarded.

https://www.ringtv.com/484780-deontay-wilder-wins-civil-case-alexander-povetkin/

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/ne...der-wins-court-battle-with-alexander-povetkin
This is different as WBC cancelled it after he failed a test as part of their programme. BBBoC just said ""prohibited and not in the interests of boxing" no direct mention as to why

This is different as WBC cancelled it after he failed a test as part of their programme. BBBoC just said ""prohibited and not in the interests of boxing" no direct mention as to why
Im not saying the situation is identical Im saying you can absolutely pursue reimbursement legally for a fight being cancelled for drug tests. This one is certainly messy.

All over the news here, Benn will become the poster boy for steroids in boxing, as Dwayne Chambers became for athletics. If he comes back, who could he beat off the sauce? Chambers couldnt. As much as it enhances you physically, confidence-wise you're through the roof. Tough to return.
Hearn and Sauerland are also getting hammered, for their corruption along with the BBBofC.

I mean will there be an investigation and possible ban from boxing because from what I've read he's not suspended or anything. Maybe I'm missing something here. Hard to come back from this as you said and a real shitty look for everyone involved. You'd think boxing became better than this (mess).

Last edited:
Because he passed the commission testing, but popped on a VADA test.

VADA is voluntary. It has no sanctioning power to suspend a fighter or call off a fight.

Nobody knew outside of the Matchroom stable and VADA before that Daily Mail article broke the story.

Hearn would've just pushed through with the card if it hadn't been leaked to the media.
Thats 100% not true not true lots of people knew about this before Wednesday especially Eubank and his team:

"Sauerland also revealed that they had received this information prior to everyone else.

“We’ve been aware for a little while,” he admitted. “I can’t go into exact details, it’s all with the lawyers.

“We’ve had enough time for us to go to the medical side of things, first and foremost, to check exactly what it meant."

Im not saying the situation is identical Im saying you can absolutely pursue reimbursement legally for a fight being cancelled for drug tests. This one is certainly messy.
The point I am making is that the BBBoC have not said its off due to a failed drug test and Benn isn't suspended and is free to fight.

I personally don’t think there was anything wrong with his chin. He didn’t get dropped often and he pretty much gassed against both eubank and Watson. Punch resistance declines when your tired. I think the bigger issue was the management of his stamina

he got hurt a lot early in his career mainly because he was so open, but that was when he was at his most dangerous. Absolutely loved nigel benn. Probably my favourite ever fighter

I was joking when i wrote this yesterday...

but...
Thats the state of this sport. Disastrously predictable, especially when being pessimistic. I really wish the UFC would start putting on better cards to help distract us from this sht.
I never really cared about Eubank one way or another before this train wreck of a fight was booked, but I really like him now.

Ehhh.... If you have a giant tat of some rich privellged young kid who has not accomplished much yet in professional boxing because you are a giant Stan/fanboy you deserve to walk around like that for the rest of your life. He deserves the shaming.
But pretty funny by Eubank.

I personally don’t think there was anything wrong with his chin. He didn’t get dropped often and he pretty much gassed against both eubank and Watson. Punch resistance declines when your tired. I think the bigger issue was the management of his stamina

he got hurt a lot early in his career mainly because he was so open, but that was when he was at his most dangerous. Absolutely loved nigel benn. Probably my favourite ever fighter

Benn suspiciously collapsed after the McClellan fight as he was heading to his changing room. It was speculated that he faked collapsing to stop him from having to give a urine test backstage.

Here he is being asked about PEDs:

Personally I think his reaction to the accusation is 'overcompensation'.

There was no "management of his stamina" in the McClellan fight. It was a war for the entire fight. Virtually every shot was a bomb.

have you actually watched that fight?

Yes. Why do you ask?

also, he took some absolute punishment during his career from fighters who were punchers

Such as?

are you suggesting that he was on illegal supplements, and that they somehow improved his chin....LMFAO

You don't think PEDs improve your chin? Are you serious?

Get back to bed you fucking idiot

This is totally unnecessary and only exposes yourself as a fragile & angry mental midget.

Benn suspiciously collapsed after the McClellan fight as he was heading to his changing room. It was speculated that he faked collapsing to stop him from having to give a urine test backstage.

Here he is being asked about PEDs:

Personally I think his reaction to the accusation is 'overcompensation'.

There was no "management of his stamina" in the McClellan fight. It was a war for the entire fight. Virtually every shot was a bomb.

Yes. Why do you ask?

Such as?

You don't think PEDs improve your chin? Are you serious?

This is totally unnecessary and only exposes yourself as a fragile & angry mental midget.

I remember that scene. I totally forgot all the qualifiers he used to deny it. "Ive never taken any ANABOLIC steroids WHILE BOXING."
What about all the non-anabolic substances & steroids that are considered banned PEDs????

What does "while boxing" mean? That is kind of a telling statement.

Also, I honestly believe as a pro athlete if you are willing to do illegal or illicit drugs that are still probably on the banned substance list that could hurt or destroy your career....Then there is absolutely no reason why you wouldn't do illegal banned substances that could take your career to the next level & give you a proven edge and optimized performance.

I remember that scene. I totally forgot all the qualifiers he used to deny it. "Ive never taken any ANABOLIC steroids WHILE BOXING."
What about all the non-anabolic substances & steroids that are considered banned PEDs????

What does "while boxing" mean? That is kind of a telling statement.

Also, I honestly believe as a pro athlete if you are willing to do illegal or illicit drugs that are still probably on the banned substance list that could hurt or destroy your career....Then there is absolutely no reason why you wouldn't do illegal banned substances that could take your career to the next level & give you a proven edge and optimized performance.

He'll cheat on his wife, do recreational drugs... but he absolutely WILL NOT do drugs which benefit his career. That's just a step too far! He's far too moral to do such a thing!

Some people are so naive it's ridiculous.

He'll cheat on his wife, do recreational drugs... but he absolutely WILL NOT do drugs which benefit his career. That's just a step too far! He's far too moral to do such a thing!

I call it Jon Jones logic.
However, I'm not saying Benn cheated for sure.
Tons of controversy with G-man fight.
The Dark Destroyer doesn't get the love he deserves at times outside his UK fans.
However, i definitely see some sketchyness there.

Crazy how good the UK/EU mw & super mw scene was that era. But after G-Man they never made the fights they should between the US legends and the UK's best guys.

Well there is a reason he features in the foot solider movies right

Back