Beneil Dariush vs. Rashid Magomedov Official For UFC Mexico City

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Dariush is much better on the feet than Burns, but Rashid still has him there. Dariush has the superior ground-game, but he probably won't be able to get him down to use it.

Leaning towards Rashid via UD

I wouldn't mind that. I do like the idea of Barboza fighting Poirier if he beats Johnson though, especially now that we have RDA/Tony and Khabib getting the title shot. Not sure how long Chiesa is going to be out but I'd like to see him against Brooks providing he beats Oliviera of course. Now if Johnson beats Poirier than I'd be even more for him taking on the winner of this fight.
There's a real logjam at the top of that division, and then a bunch of middling confusion and fighters several fights away from a shot. I'm not sure if that's how it's supposed to be, but it feels strange. It's not like there's a dropoff of talent, because any one of the guys in the top 15 could be a legit contender. Yeah, even Al Iaquinta.

Rashid is good but its really frustrating to see him enter cruise control mode every time he has the upper hand. At least Dariush has that killer instinct.

Good fight. Rashid getting a top 15 LW. Nice.

With Tony/RDA and this fight it likely means Khabib/Eddie for the title and Chiesa/Barboza.

There's a real logjam at the top of that division, and then a bunch of middling confusion and fighters several fights away from a shot. I'm not sure if that's how it's supposed to be, but it feels strange. It's not like there's a dropoff of talent, because any one of the guys in the top 15 could be a legit contender. Yeah, even Al Iaquinta.
I'm looking forward to Iaquinta's fight with Alves. I think it'll help us figure out whether he's going to hang around at the back end of the top 15 or make a push for the top 5-10 guys. Not sure if he can get there or not.

With Tony/RDA and this fight it likely means Khabib/Eddie for the title and Chiesa/Barboza.
I could see Barboza/Chiesa headlining the Portland card.

@Arkridge

Barboza vs Chiesa for the Portland card would be great but both guys are currently nursing an injury. So I doubt it will happen so soon if it happens. We'll see.

@Arkridge

Barboza vs Chiesa for the Portland card would be great but both guys are currently nursing an injury. So I doubt it will happen so soon if it happens. We'll see.
What's Barboza's injury? I hadn't heard anything about it.

What's Barboza's injury? I hadn't heard anything about it.

His foot. The was an interview with him a few days after his last win on mmajunkie, he said he hurt his foot which kind of explains why he spent the last 2 minutes of the fight avoiding Melendez. He also said he was glad it was only his foot and not a worse injury like a knee or shoulder.

His foot. The was an interview with him a few days after his last win on mmajunkie, he said he hurt his foot which kind of explains why he spent the last 2 minutes of the fight avoiding Melendez. He also said he was glad it was only his foot and not a worse injury like a knee or shoulder.
I was wonder why he didn't put his foot on the gas for the final 2 minutes when Gil's leg was obviously done as fuck. I guess that explains why. Hopefully it doesn't sideline him for too long.

I like this fight, leaning slightly toward Dariush but this could be very close.

This is the fight I expected for Rashid, he is the better striker and I don't think Dariush will be able to take him down, Magomedov by UD.

Not quite the stylistic match-up I wanted for Rashid. I wanted someone who would really bring the fight to him like Michael johnson or Al Aiquinta, someone who Rashid could really show off his counter striking style against.

With Dariush, I foresee a slow technical battle with a few attempted takedowns here and there with Rashid winning.

Rashid via UD.

Rashid is good but its really frustrating to see him enter cruise control mode every time he has the upper hand. At least Dariush has that killer instinct.

I hope Dariush brings that killer instinct, other wise Rashid will just chip away and steal rounds. Rashid is my favourite light-weight, but outside one armbar escape he's barely even looked challenged. Someone needs to push him.

i would have much preferred will brooks vs dariush and rashid vs alex oliveira.

anyway, id have dariush at maybe -170

Back