Benedikt Magnusson - Road To Deadlift World Championships 2019

EL CORINTHIAN

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Road To Deadlift World Championships 2019
So not sure if you've heard but Benni is making a comeback (an attempt at one atleast) and he's gunning for the deadlift world championships which i have never heard about but how appropriate. This dudes been on such a long hiatus and im so happy to hear hes back on it. His 1015lb deadlift is the greatest DL in history imo. He does 440KG in this series of lifts and hes 3 months out!​

Published on Mar 30, 2019​

Nice. The way he picked up 1015 was so awesome. Hope he's able to take another stab at 1000+ or better yet beat his own record.

Nice. The way he picked up 1015 was so awesome. Hope he's able to take another stab at 1000+ or better yet beat his own record.
That was the greatest deadlift the world has ever seen. We have seen many deadlifts at around 900-1000lbs since then, even with the same speed but never without straps. Benedikt literally Manhandled 1015

That was the greatest deadlift the world has ever seen.
It's obviously just a matter of opinion, and Benni's pull was phenomenal...

But Eddie Hall's 500kg deadlift was not only the greatest deadlift ever, but also the absolute greatest display of strength this world has ever seen.

That being said, best of luck to Benni. It'd be awesome to see him break his old record.

It's obviously just a matter of opinion, and Benni's pull was phenomenal...

But Eddie Hall's 500kg deadlift was not only the greatest deadlift ever, but also the absolute greatest display of strength this world has ever seen.

That being said, best of luck to Benni. It'd be awesome to see him break his old record.

Im gonna have to disagree here. Benni had at least another 50lbs in the tank and he did it both faster and strapless and he gently lowered the bar. Bennis DL is Light years ahead of Eddies, even if it is more absolute weight.We have seen people lighter than eddie pull comparable numbers with straps.

What i will say about Eddie however is that he is the most underrated presser of all time and i will go even further and say he could have probably broken the bench press WR if he decided to pursue it. Watch this.

The post says it all but to recap. It's 584lbs, No spotters, no crazy arch, 6 PAUSED reps and he absolutely manhandles it. This in my opinion is one of Eddies greatest feats of strength.

Benni would have three choices with 500kg... Pick up one end, roll it around, or pull the smaller plates of the ends and hope for the best.

Who has pulled anywhere near 1100 lbs on a deadlift bar?

Yeah, I've seen that video. Eddie's pressing strength is ridiculous.

Who has pulled anywhere near 1100 lbs on a deadlift bar?

970lbs venitslav Dimitrov Not sure how big he is but hes a fraction of Eddie and Bennie

Jamal Browner 1005lbs. Same idea here, pound for pound this deadlift is insane.

Chris Duffin 1002lbsx2. First person to rep it out lol

All very impressive. None are near 1100 lbs.

If you're giving Benni extra points for being strapless and lowering the bar gently, then you should take points away for the shorter ROM of the sumo pulls and extra bar bend (especially with Chris Duffin) from not using competition plates.

Again, it's all just personal opinion... But yours is wrong and mine is right. <45>

I hadn't seen the first two ( I see they both just happened in the last week). They are fucking nutty.

Still not 500kg though.

Last edited:
I would say Eddie's 500kg is the most impressive deadlift so far. Straps or no straps no one has has come close to that using calibrated plates. There's a fairly significant difference between calibrated and "standard" plates in the deadlift. That Jamal guy pulled 1005 with standard plates, but missed the same weight when he used calibrated plates.

Last edited:
I hadn't seen the first two ( I see they both just happened in the last week). They are fucking nutty.

Still not 500kg though.
They are like half the size of Eddie and that is NEAR 1100lbs. Any ways objectively Benni > everyone else

I would say Eddie's 500kg is the most impressive deadlift so far. Straps or no straps no one has has come close to that using calibrated plates. There's a fairly significant difference between calibrated and "standard" plates in the deadlift. That Jamal guy pulled 1005 with standard plates, but missed the same weight when he used calibrated plates.

Again Eddie is like 400lbs there? These guys are no where near that weight. And i would say being strapless is vastly more significant in terms of a difference than calibrated vs uncalibrated plates. You are underselling the more significant factor between the two.

They are like half the size of Eddie and that is NEAR 1100lbs. Any ways objectively Benni > everyone else

Again Eddie is like 400lbs there? These guys are no where near that weight. And i would say being strapless is vastly more significant in terms of a difference than calibrated vs uncalibrated plates. You are underselling the more significant factor between the two.
You'd be surprised. Belkin pulls around 900-920 in competition with calibrated plates. He pulled 970 at a meet in russia with the thicker plates. That's a pretty significant difference.

Btw, did you know there is some controversy about Benny's 1015. Some people were saying light, possibly shaved plates.

Eddies pull was awesome, benni is awesome, I love his energy. Hope he kills it.

Powerlifting - when fat people, who will get a heart attack after climbing the stairs, discuss how strong they are. Trolling attempt aside these are all very impressive lifts.

https://barbend.com/elephant-bar-deadlift-record/

"Eddie Hall Didn’t Use a Standard Bar and Used More Equipment
The 500kg deadlift Eddie Hall hit was done on a deadlift bar which is also longer and bends more than a standard power bar. I haven’t been around long enough to know, but I really wonder if people made the same stink when the deadlift bar was made and seen as cheating back then. You could say the Elephant Bar is just more of an evolution of the deadlift bar. Also, Eddie used a deadlift suit, which for me personally adds 60lbs to my deadlift, and figure 8 straps, which allow you to hold the bar in your finger tips and can take off over an inch off the pull. Figure 8 straps and deadlift suits are not allowed at the Arnold classic on the Elephant Bar, so the competitors are at a disadvantage in that regard."

I will just leave this here...

Hall and Benni are both beasts, but Benni did it raw with no straps. I’m sorry, but grip is part of the deadlift. Straps is a significant equipment advantage for some. Not to mention using a elephant bar and thicker plates which will in essence change the lift. Remember elephant bar is 28mm, not 29mm shaft. Let them all do it to IPF standards in terms of bar/plates and I doubt any of them would break 1000. Maybe Benni

Benni constantly injures himself badly... does he still talk shit and yell at the bar and plates before lifting some ridiculous number and something in him breaks?

Back