Bendo is the champ, but

I'm hoping that we get to see this matchup at some point. (Preferably for the title).

It will be interesting to see. We haven't seen Pettis fight often so I don't see why people are assuming he hasn't improved a ton.

The big question, imo, isn't Pettis takedown defense. I think he's good enough to stop some but not all of Bendo's takedowns. It's if he can out grapple Bendo again. Back in the WEC days Bendo was constantly caught in submission attempts when he was in top position.

The one thing in Pettis favor is Bendo hasn't fought many guys as well rounded as Pettis in the Ufc. LIke Gsp, Bendo is great at using his well rounded abilities to exploit his opponents weaknesses. Unlike Diaz(wrestling), Guida(striking), Jim Miller(athletic ability) Pettis is dangerous everywhere. The one guy Bendo did fight who was very well rounded is Edgar who probably should of got the nod in their 2nd fight and was very competitive with Bendo in their first fight.

Either way the lw title fights are going to be stellar this year. We could see Bendo vs Gil in April, Pettis vs Bendo/Gil in July/August and Bendo/Gil/Pettis vs Alvarez in the fall. Man I love the lw division.

Bendo today is better now and would beat Pettis 50-45.

How people think bendo was winning the 5th round before the kick is just crazy. Pettis was comfortably winning that round. Hitting ben with a flying knee and making him trip over his own feet
The kick was just icing on teh cake

It'll be a close fight just like the first, but Pettis isn't landing the showtime again.

Bendo 3-2... and rematches will ensue because that is LW division.

Bendo today is better now and would beat Pettis 50-45.

I love Pettis. Like I LOVE Pettis. His kicks are so incredible. He has some serious knock out power in his kicks. If your not ready he WILL kick your head into the 8th row. Unfortunaltly and i mean unfortunatly because as i mentioned I love pettis but bendo is to big and i dont see him falling to another amazing pettis kick. But thats just me.

Last time I saw Clay Guida wrecked him. And this current Benson is a lot better then Guida.
You're kinda pushing it with wrecked him, clay won by split no? Anyways, I haven't seen the fight since it aired live but I'm pretty sure guida just layed on him the whole time

Guys,Nate Diaz is the No2 LW.Look at what Bendo did to him.

Bendo will be champ for a while.

you are forgetting Pettis has a fight with Cowboy before title shot even comes into it

I love Pettis. Like I LOVE Pettis. His kicks are so incredible. He has some serious knock out power in his kicks. If your not ready he WILL kick your head into the 8th row. Unfortunaltly and i mean unfortunatly because as i mentioned I love pettis but bendo is to big and i dont see him falling to another amazing pettis kick. But thats just me.

When I first read this I imagined Boxxy saying your post for some reason

Guys,Nate Diaz is the No2 LW.Look at what Bendo did to him.

Bendo will be champ for a while.

Nate isn't half as well rounded as Pettis and Nate's weaknesses are not Pettis' weaknesses. Also most importantly Nate is not and was not the number 2 LW, he's probably around 5-7

Aren't these posters suppose to catch something intimidating? What is the point of "little boy Pettis?" Bad marketing.

I don't know about all of that - First fight was close and Bendo has grown leaps and bounds since their fight. Bendo via decision if it was to go down.

Pettis beat Bendo fair and squarre.
But I can't help thinking of JDS/Cain 1 and JDS/Cain 2...

Back