Bendo is a cool dude and was absolutely hated in his reign

You do realize the guy in your AV is religious and thanks God after all of his fights right? Lol

In fact Khabib is much more religious than Bendo he posted anti-Christmas posts and such on his social media before and other such stuff relating to the benefit of Islam.

I do but Khabib doesn't talk about his religion or god unless asked about it at least when on TV. I don't care what you're religion is or if you don't have one but to me thanking god/jesus comes across as arrogant. I know people who think it's arrogant and people that think it's humble. You can think what you want.

I don't really pay attention to social media, I have a facebook account and some accounts on forums but that's it.

I do but Khabib doesn't talk about his religion or god unless asked about it at least when on TV. I don't care what you're religion is or if you don't have one but to me thanking god/jesus comes across as arrogant. I know people who think it's arrogant and people that think it's humble. You can think what you want.

I don't really pay attention to social media, I have a facebook account and some accounts on forums but that's it.

Weidman thanks god.
Is in your sig.

he's got one of the best records in his his division's history, and i've never understood why people think he doesn't fight hard and in an exciting fashion... a great fighter that doesn't deserve the hate

I think that is part of the issue. If you are of this belief, which I maintain is sort of asinine, that all 5 of his closest wins should count as losses, then he is only 16-9 and so I think looking at him and giving him that record really does affect fans' view of him and makes him seen as a sort of underachiever and a mediocre fighter who faked his way to the top.

lol @ you thinking Bendo is a terrible person.
What are you doing to help all these starving, murdered children children? Less than Ben?
Oh, alright, you're a terrible person.

I do what I can. That's not the point though. Point is I don't think god cares about my career of beating up people while there is terrible suffering in the world.

I mean he does seem like a nice guy outside of that, but that line of thinking is so ridiculous. Maybe he's not overall a terrible person since he's got a bunch of other good redeeming qualities, but that's such a self centered, dickish point of view it's hard to overcome.

I don't think terrible is the right word at all, selfish, conceded or self-centered is way more accurate.

That's a terrible person in my book. Selfish people are just awful. I mean not in the same league as monsters like pedo's and murderers obv, but they're still pretty awful.

I guess I use terrible person much more liberally than your average guy. Don't use your blinker? Terrible person. Cut in line? Terrible person. Drive in the fast lane going 60? Terrible person.

I'm a big fan of Bendo as a person, and I am in awe of his skills, since the WEC days; he's in the conversation for GOAT LW.

That said, his UFC run has been largely boring to watch, so far. He doesn't go for the finish much, not just in the draws, but even in his dominations. And he doesn't seem to really give a fuck about that in interviews, so I don't expect it to change anytime soon.

Fedor - wore a rosary and thanked God after every one of his fights and talked about his religion in interviews and such a lot. When he retired he even said it was God's path and such.

Khabib - Posts stuff to his social media a lot about religion and his following of Islam. Also thanks God after every fight and has even posted anti-Christian holiday posts.

Both these guys are listed as some of your favorite fighters and are just as if not more religious and vocal about it as Bendo.

You're a class-A hypocrite buddy.

No, i'm not. I don't think Bendo is an entertaining fighter and I don't like fighters bringing up religion in general. I find Khabib to be entertaining and he rarely speaks at all, same with Fedor. Bendo is not entertaining and I find religious talk annoying, Fedor and Khabib don't talk much so the religious talk is less annoying and they are far more entertaining so it doesn't bother me as much.

I can't like a fighter when I find them boring and don't like their personality, you can be boring and have a great personality and I might like you or the opposite and I might like you but if I think you are boring and annoying i'm not going to like the fighter.

his fights with frankie.. especially the 2nd one.

he came out looking like the bad guy in both those fights. especially with his outward cocky demeanor.

Okay? He actually does thank god after his fights I've seen it a couple times.

Also Fedor and Weidman are EXTREMELY vocal about their religion, Fedor one of the most of all time he would always wear his cross and such after a fight and thank god win or lose.

Weidman has a religious tattoo and also thanks god after every one of his wins, he's just as vocal as Bendo.

I think that is part of the issue. If you are of this belief, which I maintain is sort of asinine, that all 5 of his closest wins should count as losses, then he is only 16-9 and so I think looking at him and giving him that record really does affect fans' view of him and makes him seen as a sort of underachiever and a mediocre fighter who faked his way to the top.

i guess i can see that point of view, but he really can't control that. his fights were not chase beebe v mike easton style horrible robberies... they were close fights that could subjectively be scored for either fighter... he proved himself as a championship level fighter more times than anyone else in that division

I do what I can. That's not the point though. Point is I don't think god cares about my career of beating up people while there is terrible suffering in the world.

I mean he does seem like a nice guy outside of that, but that line of thinking is so ridiculous. Maybe he's not overall a terrible person since he's got a bunch of other good redeeming qualities, but that's such a self centered, dickish point of view it's hard to overcome.

You do what you can?
You can get a on a plane right now and start digging wells in Zimbabwe. You're doing that now?

Pretty dickish and self-centered of you. What are you doing posting on a forum when there's suffering in the world?

Weidman thanks god.
Is in your sig.

Bendo is boring and annoying. It's more about that than god. I don't find Khabib or Fedor boring or annoying, they don't talk enough to be annoying. Weidman isn't boring or annoying.

I think it's arrogant when Weidman does it too.

This is what I get for playing Devil's advocate and saying why Bendo isn't that popular.

Bendo is boring and annoying. It's more about that than god. I don't find Khabib or Fedor boring or annoying, they don't talk enough to be annoying. Weidman isn't boring or annoying.

I think it's arrogant when Weidman does it too.

I bet you've got a fedora

bendo means well and i wish him the best outside the cage but he's definitely not my kind of guy

the jesus talk is super annoying. i dont hate the rest of his personality but its a little annoying

inside the cage i think hes a great fighter. that said he relies more on size and athleticism than technique than most. a lot of his fights arent overly exciting considering theyre high profile

i wouldnt say im a hater, i just always find myself wanting the other guy to win more

Okay? He actually does thank god after his fights I've seen it a couple times.

Also Fedor and Weidman are EXTREMELY vocal about their religion, Fedor one of the most of all time he would always wear his cross and such after a fight and thank god win or lose.

Weidman has a religious tattoo and also thanks god after every one of his wins, he's just as vocal as Bendo.

Weidman, Fedor and Khabib are all more entertaining to me than Bendo. I don't like fighters talking about religion but entertainment trumps that for me.

When Weidman thanks god for winning he's being arrogant too(IMO).

No, i'm not. I don't think Bendo is an entertaining fighter and I don't like fighters bringing up religion in general. I find Khabib to be entertaining and he rarely speaks at all, same with Fedor. Bendo is not entertaining and I find religious talk annoying, Fedor and Khabib don't talk much so the religious talk is less annoying and they are far more entertaining so it doesn't bother me as much.

I can't like a fighter when I find them boring and don't like their personality, you can be boring and have a great personality and I might like you or the opposite and I might like you but if I think you are boring and annoying i'm not going to like the fighter.

Lol you don't have to like Bendo, you're saying he's self-centered and all this other BS because he thanks god after his fights while giving Fedor, Khabib and Weidman a pass for the exact same thing.

Fedor talked about religion MORE than Bendo, but I guess you don't consider him self-centered do you?

That's completely false that Bendo is bringing up religion more than these other religious guys. They bring it up all the time and after a fight thank god in almost an identical fashion Bendo does. Except for some reason it's only Henderson who annoys you.

Just admit you don't like Bendo for other reasons than religion, because you just sound silly saying that when guys like Fedor on your fave fighter list were/are constantly bringing up God - http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/3/18/4120508/fedor-emelianenko-retirement-mma-gods-will

Always such a peculiar thing, to watch atheists act holier-than-thou.

Bendo is boring and annoying. It's more about that than god.

This is exactly the point I was making. Don't make your entire post about Bendo's religion beig annoying and why you don't like him when that's really not the reason.

It ends up in everyone pointing out the fallacies of your logic and you eventually admitting you just find him "annoying" lol

Weidman, Fedor and Khabib are all more entertaining to me than Bendo. I don't like fighters talking about religion but entertainment trumps that for me.

When Weidman thanks god for winning he's being arrogant too(IMO).

Khabib more entertaining than Bendo? I respectfully disagree

Back