Bendo is a cool dude and was absolutely hated in his reign

Bingo.

Anyone who thinks god cares about their MMA career while millions of children are dying of starvation, being murdered, dying of disease and cancer, and all the horrible things going on in this world... is a terrible person imo.

lol @ you thinking Bendo is a terrible person.
What are you doing to help all these starving, murdered children children? Less than Ben?
Oh, alright, you're a terrible person.

Everyone who said Bendo was boring should be shot in the street. Probably the same people who can't separate Jones' talent from his personality.

Everyone who said Bendo was boring should be shot in the street. Probably the same people who can't separate Jones' talent from his personality.

Bendo was boring as shit at times and Jones is the best fighter alive.
Stop generalizing.

Bendo is a bad a** !! I did not like him at first but he has grown on me. He is fun to watch and always ready to scrap .

I don't take it personally and you and I have the same opinion on religion; I am the literal other side you're speaking of.

Your understanding of simple concepts is lacking and you just generally don't know what the hell you're talking about and are maligning someone else's beliefs through your own ignorance, so I can either say "Get smarter" or the more polite yet more dismissive "Grow Up"

Either way, you just don't sound like an adult who has thought hard about this very simple topic.

Lol, that's hilarious as you can't seem to see how thanking god after a victory is putting oneself on a pedestal.

Seriously, listen to yourself and do the things you are saying. It's obvious that many people feel that thanking god for winning a fight or winning some award can be seen as self-aggrandizement and it's one of the reasons Bendo isn't as well liked as he could be.

There are two sides to every coin, you have to look at both.

My friend is a UPS driver in Bendo's district and delivers packages all the time; says Bendo lives in a really small house and he's out training in his garage. Said he doesn't have an aura or an ego, just speaks to you like a person.

Spoke to him when he was in the WEC and he was a sweetheart. I'm not religious, but I respect men like him who truly believe what they're saying and just want to make their lives and the lives of those around them better.

That said, Frankie 1,3,5 and I hope Jesus comes back soon so Frankie can 50-44 him

Yeah I met him back when he was in the WEC. I live in the Lake Washington area where he grew up and he was still living there back then I think instead of Arizona (if that's where is he now I know he trains there). Ran into him and he talked to me for a good 20-minutes when I would have been happy just saying hello.

Lol, that's hilarious as you can't seem to see how thanking god after a victory is putting oneself on a pedestal.

Seriously, listen to yourself and do the things you are saying. It's obvious that many people feel that thanking god for winning a fight or winning some award can be seen as self-aggrandizement and it's one of the reasons Bendo isn't as well liked as he could be.

There are two sides to every coin, you have to look at both.

What about when he thanked god for losing a fight, the two times it happened.
I'm looking at both sides, you're just rambling nonsense to put yourself on a pedestal.

"I LOOK AT BOTH SIDES OF THE COIN" as you ignore one side of the coin just to make your stupid, petty argument because it conflicts with your belief. I'm not buying your phony "I'm neutral" bullshit kiddo.

He was a boring point fighter up until he submitted Khabilov. Wall and stall, pitter-patter strikes. He's one of the biggest guys in that division and he doesn't throw that weight around, he uses it to hug guys against the cage.

IDK, this sport is hard to watch when you know you're watching someone who wants to go to decision.

What the actuall fuck?

Lets see: He beat the living shit out of Diaz, Miller and Bocek. Had fight of the year perfomances against Cerrone and pettis. Plus fight of the night against Guida. Do you realize how hard it is to have a exiting fight against Guida post ufc 125? Not even pettis could do it.

Bendo was boring as shit at times and Jones is the best fighter alive.
Stop generalizing.

Boring at times? What does that even mean? He's either an exciting fighter or he's not, everyone is boring at times. Jones was "boring" when he held DC on the fence.

If you think Bendo's style is boring, I suspect you don't like him as a person, at it is effecting the way you think of him as a fighter, he is hella fun to watch.

Yeah I met him back when he was in the WEC. I live in the Lake Washington area where he grew up and he was still living there back then I think instead of Arizona (if that's where is he now I know he trains there). Ran into him and he talked to me for a good 20-minutes when I would have been happy just saying hello.

Tis AZ

Boring at times? What does that even mean? He's either an exciting fighter or he's not, everyone is boring at times. Jones was "boring" when he held DC on the fence.

If you think Bendo's style is boring, I suspect you don't like him as a person, at it is effecting the way you think of him as a fighter, he is hella fun to watch.

Spoke to him when he was in the WEC and he was a sweetheart. I'm not religious, but I respect men like him who truly believe what they're saying and just want to make their lives and the lives of those around them better.

Stop generalizing and make a real argument like an adult.

Bingo.

Anyone who thinks god cares about their MMA career while millions of children are dying of starvation, being murdered, dying of disease and cancer, and all the horrible things going on in this world... is a terrible person imo.

You can thank god if you want, but Bendo took that shit to a ridiculous level.

I don't think terrible is the right word at all, selfish, conceded or self-centered is way more accurate.

You can thank god if you want, but Bendo took that shit to a ridiculous level.

Lol no he didn't you're such a whiner.

Literally the only time Bendo talked about God was after his fights and he would say, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Can I get an Amen?"

After that he wouldn't mention it. If two sentences bothered you that much and brought it to a "ridiculous level" sounds like you have some personal problems.

Stop generalizing and make a real argument like an adult.

My argument is that he's not boring, and you need to look no further than any of his fights. Exciting fights with everyone, and a couple of slower ones with Gil and maybe Thomson.

You tell me how he's boring?

That said, Frankie 1,3,5 and I hope Jesus comes back soon so Frankie can 50-44 him

I still don't get this whole idea that Benson did not legitimately win the first Edgar fight, and I think most MMA fans and critics don't either. The second one yes but the first fight was as legit a win as any recent win where someone won the belt by UD. Again, it was at least as legit of a win as Frankie's first win over Penn to get the belt. And as much as I've grown to love Lawler, it was surely more convincing than Lawler's win to get the belt.

I don't think terrible is the right word at all, selfish, conceded or self-centered is way more accurate.

You do realize the guy in your AV is religious and thanks God after all of his fights right? Lol

In fact Khabib is much more religious than Bendo he posted anti-Christmas posts and such on his social media before and other such stuff relating to the benefit of Islam.

My argument is that he's not boring, and you need to look no further than any of his fights. Exciting fights with everyone, and a couple of slower ones with Gil and maybe Thomson.

You tell me how he's boring?

I thought his fighting style against melendez was boring as shit, as well as his second fight with Frankie. His performance against Thomson was horrible.

I still like him and generally think he's exciting, I'm just spitting on your dumb point that people can't critique him without disliking him as a person.

I used to like Bendo and I stopped liking him during his title holding days because he switched his style too dramatically. You can't go from being a fun to watch dominating grappler with dynamic takedowns and GnP then turn into a friggin karate point fighting guy.

I'm a fan of fight styles, not fighters. I don't care about his religion. I'm Christian too. I don't care about his apparent caulkiness. This isn't a pageant. I care about how you fight. This is still sports entertainment. If you're not entertaining, I have no love for you.

Bendo needs to go back to being what made him a champ. He became delusional when he thought he was a high level striker. IMO, Frankie won the first fight.

Also, I think we need to try and get this really far away from Benson's religious professions. That's just gonna lead to some downright unpleasant and totally unproductive religion and morality flame wars here.

Back