Ben Henderson vs. Rustam Khabilov

JDSSafetyExpert

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Does anybody see this being a huge mismatch and a pretty easy way for Henderson to pick up an impressive win? Khabilov just does not have the kind of competition to step up to this level. He's got wins over some guy he suplexed on a TUF finale, Yancy Meideiros, and Jorge Masvidal. Despite some controversial decisions Henderson has wins over Donald Cerrone, Jim Miller, Jamie Varner, Clay Guida, Gilbert Melendez, Josh Thomson and Frankie Edgar. They just don't have anywhere near the same level of competition and Henderson has probably the most 5 round fight experience of anybody in that division right now.

I just see it being a cakewalk for Henderson and the UFC is cannibalizing a kind of interesting prospect who isn't ready for this fight.

I don't think it'll be a cakewalk, I think it'll be actually pretty competitive for a few rounds.

It'll probably get more and more lopsided as the fight goes on. Rustam doesn't have the cardio to deal with Bendo

It'll be a 48-47 split decision, but yes.

I'm not even going to bother watching. Benson sucks as a point fighter and is a desecration to the WEC him.

If he took risks and committed to strikes he'd be far more successful. He's a A grade Killer and a D- Level point fighter.

Hendecision should be fighting Khabib.

I wonder who got the two Chechnyan fighters mixed up?

I just don't see where he is going to beat him. Henderson is faster, has a better striking game, better submission game, better submission defense. Before the Pettis fight he looked unsubmittable. I think the UFC is trying to get an impressive win for a very unpopular fighter that is also talented and thus hard to depush.

Where do you see Khabilov competing with him?

I'm not even going to bother watching. Benson sucks as a point fighter and is a desecration to the WEC him.

If he took risks and committed to strikes he'd be far more successful. He's a A grade Killer and a D- Level point fighter.

I hear you. I used to cheer for him in the WEC. Around the time of the second Edgar fight I un-liked his facebook and started to really turn. I can't believe how he won that. He got dropped by a small featherweight and he's close to welter in size.

Hendecision should be fighting Khabib.

I wonder who got the two Chechnyan fighters mixed up?

LOL that's what I was thinking. This is an appropriate test for Khabib. Way too early for Khabilov who should be getting like Edson Barboza level guys.

Yeah that first Pettis L turned smooth into smother.

I hear you. I used to cheer for him in the WEC. Around the time of the second Edgar fight I un-liked his facebook and started to really turn. I can't believe how he won that. He got dropped by a small featherweight and he's close to welter in size.

You un-liked his facebook? Cold blooded...

He seemed to put on a lot of size after that fight, he looked a whole division bigger when he came to the UFC to fight Mark Bocek.

Truth is I'm not sure why he traded speed for size and strength, especially since at the time of the move the UFC LW division was dominated by speed, although it did seem to pay off for him in the short run.

[YT]9YACKy8Ihts[/YT]

Rustam has way better wrestling and more power. Not a cakewalk at all.

Khabilov will clearly win 3 rounds and Bendo will get a 48-47 split decision.

You can only see so many bible quotations next to pictures of him getting his hand raised before you hit that button, man.

Damn dude. You can just hide his posts from your news feed man. What you did is fucking batshit insane!

Back