• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ben Henderson vs GSP

AILEYV

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Although it is very unlikely to happen, I've really been thinking about these two matching up.

Height: 1 inch advantage to GSP

Weight: judging by Benson's size, I suspect GSP has,at most, a 10 pound advantage.

General body shape/composition: same.

Cardio/conditioning: same.

Background: Benson-TKD, GSP-Karate. Both great wrestlers, but advantage to GSP.

Fight styles: both use mostly jabs, leg kicks, take downs, top control, ground and pound and awesome sub defense. Since both have 7-8 decisions in last ten wins, it's hard to determine an advantage...I'll say even.

This may not be the super fight folks are clambering for, and it could be a snooze fest, but I for one would love to see it.

GSP would jab him until his orbital socket caved in and if that didn't work he'd out wrestle him. GSP may not have made as ballsy of moves but he could have shut down to the same degree just as easily as Bendo did.

There's a reason we have weight classes TS.

GSP wins... in usual style. Benson won't be able to stop the takedowns.

GSP by literally anything he wants. He's more technical in every area and stronger and bigger.

Bendo has nice leg kicks but gets sloppy with his punches. GSP also has better foot work and balance. Better at level changing.

I can't even go on. Too much to list. Also, it's a lose-lose for GSP. He wins, he beat a smaller fighter. Que the Penn fans.

GSP would beat him easily.

Very possible, but how does it go down? What part of GSP's skills wins it? Or do you feel it's just him being better at everything.

On a side note, I think GSP vs Nick Diaz may look very much like Ben vs Nate.

That would be a good fight. Especially at 170 cause you know Benson would come in just as big if not bigger than GSP.

GSP could outstrike him or outwrestle him.

There's a reason we have weight classes TS.
With the number of fighters switching weight classes, and the multitude of "super fight" discussions, the match up could be seen as no less realistic than GSP vs Anderson or Anderson vs Jones.

That said, I stated in the original post that this is very unlikely, especially with the line of possible contenders at 170.

GSP would beat him easily.

Easily? GSP did not beat Condit "easily." I am not sure too many of these title-level fights are "easy" except the one we just saw between Benson and Nate.

GSP would dominate bendo far far worse than bendo dominated Nate.

This is a more competitive fight than GSP vs Silva. GSP wins a decision.

This would be an interesting fight if Benson was better than GSP in any area to make up for the size difference. But he's not, so it isn't.

Ya know, i know everyone will disagree with me on this one and flame me because they forgot opinions are allowed on forums. I honestly don't think GSP is that great. He's an amazing wrestler. Decent stand-up. Ben would do great no doubt it my mind

I think it would be a great fight. At ww obviously gsp would maul him but at a 163 ish catchweight or even lw (gsp has mentioned a drop down to lw) i think it would be a great fight. I think gsp wins maybe 8 times out of 10 but it goes the distance and is very competitive.

Hmm GSP and Bendo are pretty similar fighters. Both very well rounded, but their wrestling sets them apart from the competition.

I'm going to go w GSP because he fights at a higher weight class (flimsy reason, i know).

Could be an interesting fight though.

Back