Ben Henderson: If Anthony Pettis isn't defending his title, give the best to me

Bendo has more luck than brains...Watching his standup is like watching my friends cat paw at something...lol Never saw a champ get more gift decisions and what really turned me off is how he somehow always acted like he was not surprised he won! After most of his championship performances, he was talking like he had it in the bag when really he must have pics of the judges with small barn yard animals!!!

Hmm.. lets apply some logic here. If a "gift" decision is a rare occurance, what is the probability of one fighter having multiple "gift decisions", all from different judges?

I will just leave these here

tumblr_meruc5JM2G1qaa8d1o1_500.gif

Benson+Henderson+Drops+Nate+Diaz+-+UFC+on+Fox+5.gif

Intravid-post-Whats-next-fox-7.png

pettis didnt really beat benson badly in the wec everyone just remebers the showtime kick and not the fact the fight was split down the middle before it laned in the last minute of the last round. the second one was much more decisive but that doesnt mean pettis could pull of the same thing again.

yea i agree about the first fight, i didnt mean to come off like he crushed - but he did win both fights and he dominated the second one - winning twice in a row is dominant in itself - both guys know they need to win the fifth round - best man does win a lot of times, in my opinion4

in full disclosure - im a big fan of pettis's, respect bendo of course

I couldn't imagine anything worse than having Ben Henderson as champion again.

Hmm.. lets apply some logic here. If a "gift" decision is a rare occurance, what is the probability of one fighter having multiple "gift decisions", all from different judges?

I will just leave these here

tumblr_meruc5JM2G1qaa8d1o1_500.gif

Benson+Henderson+Drops+Nate+Diaz+-+UFC+on+Fox+5.gif

Intravid-post-Whats-next-fox-7.png

He beat Diaz, I understand that...But I really think he was lucky to get the nod against Melendez and Edgar and Thompson...You can show all the pics you want, but I am sure a bunch would agree! I don't see your logic here?

Bendo still has a more impressive record at lw than Pettis
Pettis has a more impressive record than Bendo because he actually finishes fights, and he beat the shit out of Benson twice.

Pettis > Benson

All day, every day.

Love watching the guy fight. The only SD I thought he lost was the Melendez fight.

I respect what he is saying but hes acting like hes fought like 5 times since the Pettis loss, as of this Saturday though it will only be 2 fights since his Pettis loss. It's not like he's fighting like on a Cerrone schedule

He did act as if Pettis' last fight was 2 years ago.

"You can not fight for two years and still have the belt -- what does it mean? What does it mean if you have the belt for five years and you defend it one time? What does that really mean?

He didn't say that was the case for Pettis, he said it was something that could happen. Didn't it happen with Cruz? Or do you also believe he's saying that Pettis will hold the belt for 5 years?

This quote is one of several reasons why Bendo is my favorite fighter--attitude of a true fighting champion

He didn't say that was the case for Pettis, he said it was something that could happen. Didn't it happen with Cruz? Or do you also believe he's saying that Pettis will hold the belt for 5 years?

I think he's just exaggerating a lot and sounds like he's hating(being bitter about or whatever you want to call it) on guys for getting injured, at least that's how it comes off, no champions have sat out just to sit out, they have been injured(except Anderson when he was avoiding Weidman).

I mean this wasn't a situation like Cruz or GSP where when they got injured they knew right away he would be out a long time. There was talk of Pettis fighting in the summer, then he got injured, then there was talk of him fighting in early fall then they resigned Melendez who refused to fight Khabib which IMO would have been a good interim title fight and then they decided to have Pettis and Melendez coach TUF most likely to get more exposure for Pettis who is the champion and Melendez who's been top 10 forever but isn't well know and now has a huge contract.

Henderson should be happy that he hasn't gotten injured much and as long as he wins he'll be in a position to challenge for the belt if Pettis loses it.

As long as Pettis is at LW Henderson is not and will never be the top dog in the division, Henderson eeks out questionable decisions while Pettis brutally finishes his opponents the majority of the time

Why do people think this? Consistency and longevity count for a lot in this sport, Bendo is proven in both of those areas and there's absolutely no guarantee that Pettis is going to come back from all these injuries at his best. Pettis on his best day beats Bendo on his but I'm not sure how many more best days he has in him at this point. It's pretty obvious that he isn't ever going to be some long reigning champ either way so Bendo will definitely get another shot at the belt sooner or later, assuming the judges continue scoring his fights incorrectly.

Missing Beastman09 retort...A little weak considering high minded logic:(

Back