Ben Henderson: If Anthony Pettis isn't defending his title, give the best to me

Pettis can sit on the bench and hold his belt. It don't mean shit.

Benson holds the top spot in the division because he goes out there and fights.

It seems the latest trend is to win the belt and then sit out and enjoy being called champion for as long as you can before having to defend it. Benson may have been boring but he was active and fought the top guys.

Bendo haters better not be GSP fans. Love him or hate him, he is still one of the best light heavyweights of all time. I would really like to see him fight Khabib. Great grappling match up.

I'm not exactly a fan of how Bendo fights these day, but his mindset is great. I like Pettis, but the lapse between fights isn't cementing his status much, belt or not. But I'm more than sure Pettis plans to make 2015 a more active year

I love bendo.

And i still believe he beats pettis if they fight again

Benson+Henderson+Drops+Nate+Diaz+-+UFC+on+Fox+5.gif

Not trying to be a typical sherdog scumbag, but that is the only fight within the past 2 years that he has won definitively. All of his other fights should have either gone the other way in the eyes of many (Edgar 2, Thompson, Melendez) or scored a draw.

Thank goodness he doesn't have the belt the new NWO would have tag teamed UFC out the building choosing their opponents. :icon_chee

Say what you like about him, but Bendo has consistently fought about 3 times a year since 2009.

Pettis has been as lame a champ as they come. Khabib vs Benson for the strap.

Not trying to be a typical sherdog scumbag, but that is the only fight within the past 2 years that he has won definitively. All of his other fights should have either gone the other way in the eyes of many (Edgar 2, Thompson, Melendez) or scored a draw.

So Frankie won the first fight or should it have gone to a draw?

benson has gotten more gift decision than any other fighter in the history of the sport and has the balls to talk shit about pettis?? he's so butt hurt pettis beat him twice.

2? Apparently you never heard of Leonard Garcia or Dan Henderson.

I don't see how anyone can hate on that attitude. But many Just bleed shertards will find a way.

I kind of get what he is saying but I want to add a few things that he's not addressing.

Usually when fighters don't fight for a year or two it is because they are injured and no fault of their own. The way he was talking seemed like he was faulting the fighter for not wanting to defend the title. Either the interview bit was taken out of context, or Bendo was referring to one specific situation he didn't explain very clearly.

If he is making a general statement that encompasses injured athletes, then he isn't being very empathetic to the organization or to the fighter. Just because Bendo has been relatively healthy all these years doesn't mean his time won't come. And if he's injured while he's champ, I hope somebody brings up this interview.

I'm not a huge fighter of Bendo but he's a pretty complete fighter who fights smart and I admire that about him.

Say what you like about him, but Bendo has consistently fought about 3 times a year since 2009.
^
Good call on this.

Congrats and mad respect to Benson, he's all about beating the best guys in the world and not about the belt.

Back