Ben Henderson: If Anthony Pettis isn't defending his title, give the best to me

That wasn't exactly trash talk.

Wasn't exactly not trash talk either, he's hating on the champion that beat him twice because he's injury prone, it's lame and Henderson isn't exactly convincingly beating anyone. In his last 5 fights I think he should have gone 2-3, he did beat Melendez and Diaz but should have lost the rematch to Edgar, Thomson and did lose to Pettis.

Yeah he is all about winning, getting the hand raised, and why nobody ever cared for you as a fighter. He has so much potential to be a killer. He needs to drop the whole God act and start murdering people.
U do know that God was responsible for more deaths than the Devil in the Bible right? :D

Can you really get angry at a guy for getting injured though? Seems stupid to me, I'm sure Pettis would rather not get injured often.

I agree.

But I don't think he's truly angry with him. What can you do? He's injured.

I think he's more or less frustrated that he, and others are out there fighting the best all the time, while Pettis is holding a belt and never fights.

In any other case an interim title would have been established. But the UFC is extremely high on Pettis, and how he's trending. They want him as their champion, and I can understand if others are frustrated by this.

Wasn't exactly not trash talk either, he's hating on the champion that beat him twice because he's injury prone, it's lame and Henderson isn't exactly convincingly beating anyone. In his last 5 fights I think he should have gone 2-3, he did beat Melendez and Diaz but should have lost the rematch to Edgar, Thomson and did lose to Pettis.

That's fair.

tumblr_meru0z7rJi1qaa8d1o1_500.gif

8-1 since 2011, 4-1 for Pettis.

Dude has beat a lot of tough dudes and Pettis is his kryptonite but the guy has proven himself against the best a lot more then Pettis has.

people hate but Bendo is the man

Don't see how you can hate on the guy.

I agree.

But I don't think he's truly angry with him. What can you do? He's injured.

I think he's more or less frustrated that he, and others are out there fighting the best all the time, while Pettis is holding a belt and never fights.

In any other case an interim title would have been established. But the UFC is extremely high on Pettis, and how he's trending. They want him as their champion, and I can understand if others are frustrated by this.

He should just say it's unfortunate that Pettis is injury prone and wish him the best and say I'll just keep winning fights and hopefully get another shot at the title. It hasn't even been a year yet, that would be the fastest interim title ever.

When did they establish an interim title when the champion had fought less than a year ago?

Classic Bendo - always talking tough about Pettis between getting his ass kicked by him.

He acted the same way when Pettis was prompted to move down to 145 because Showtime was supposedly threatened by him. In reality the opposite was true, and Pettis moved down in part because Bendo was trying to avoid him, and then he proved why when they eventually fought again.

Sad that some people of a fight sport, are reinforcing his behavior too. Yeah, it's really more admirable to be lucky enough to stave off injury and stay active, but arguably deserve to lose a lot and in mundane fashion, than to kick ass dynamically when you are available to fight but not be lucky enough to do so that often recently.

BTW, Pettis' injury has kept him out 9 months, and he'd be ready to fight in under a year since it, but Gil's contract made the layoff much longer than that. So Bendo should stop lying in claiming it's 2 years, or get more knowledgeable about math and facts before he opens his delusional, compensatory mouth yet again.

That wasn't exactly trash talk.

Yeah, that guy's an idiot. Benson was just calling it how he sees it. Fighters can't give their opinion without someone bashing them or saying "he's talking trash, he sucks!"

You know why Henderson was crushed by Pettis so quickly in their rematch...he just got married. His mind was on one thing:his woman. Haha

too bad benson will never beat pettis
he beats everyone else at 155 tho

Yeah, that guy's an idiot. Benson was just calling it how he sees it. Fighters can't give their opinion without someone bashing them or saying "he's talking trash, he sucks!"

WTF are you talking about, assuming much are we? And with how much exaggeration he was doing that was IMO trash talk, passive-aggressive trash talk but trash talk none the less, Pettis vs Henderson 2 wasn't 2 years ago.

He should just say it's unfortunate that Pettis is injury prone and wish him the best and say I'll just keep winning fights and hopefully get another shot at the title. It hasn't even been a year yet, that would be the fastest interim title ever.

He "could" go that route. I actually think this has been the way he's been handling things all along. But he was pressed by the media in his last case.

There have been faster interim titles established too.

Faber vs Barao off the top of my head.

That was established literally the day Cruz dropped out.

Back