Ben Askren's wrestling is so good, getting him on his back is worse than...

okusa

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Getting a BJJ master on his back. This dude cannot be stopped by anyone under 185, no matter the organization.

Agreed, the dudes a beast. Too bad he got the chris cyborgesque dicktuck treatment frpm the ufc though, I honestly would have bought the ppv to see him vs gsp

Agreed, the dudes a beast. Too bad he got the chris cyborgesque dicktuck treatment frpm the ufc though, I honestly would have bought the ppv to see him vs gsp

It is a shame. As Askren has not done anything wrong and they can

I'm one of the few Askren fans on this forum, but I feel as though you're saying that as someone who hasn't actually watched his past 2 fights.

UFC mostly cares about standing KOs or submissions. Not grind-outs. Outlanding Koreshkov 240-3 or something like that is crazy yeah but it doesn't put asses in the seats.

The guy he subbed today only ever fought in regional promotions prior to his ONE FC debut as well.

Just mention it as that was pretty much their only excuse that they could say.
Kicking out Fitch, Okami and recently Shields, they could use that as an argument.

I'm one of the few Askren fans on this forum, but I feel as though you're saying that as someone who hasn't actually watched his past 2 fights.

UFC mostly cares about standing KOs or submissions. Not grind-outs. Outlanding Koreshkov 240-3 or something like that is crazy yeah but it doesn't put asses in the seats.

The guy he subbed today only ever fought in regional promotions prior to his ONE FC debut as well.

I didnt see gsp standing ko or subbing many guys recently, same with chael.sonnen, and.coutures run when all he would do was press guys up against the fence while rorgan would moan in ecstasy about him being 50 years old. They straight up ducked him.

I didnt see gsp standing ko or subbing many guys recently, same with chael.sonnen, and.coutures run when all he would do was press guys up against the fence while rorgan would moan in ecstasy about him being 50 years old.
Ignoring that GSP, Sonnen and Randy were/are all proven draws, yes.

Askren, on the other hand, couldn't be less marketable to casual fans. He doesn't have the right style, and his personality is pretty polarizing. I do think UFC should have signed him just to see how we would do against actually world-class WWs, but it's not really that hard to see why they didn't.

Askren, on the other hand, couldn't be less marketable to casual fans. He doesn't have the right style, and his personality is pretty polarizing. I do think UFC should have signed him just to see how we would do against actually world-class WWs, but it's not really that hard to see why they didn't.

They keep signing guys that pretty much nobody has heard of, just because they are from the right places.

Don

I can't believe he was taken down, though......FUCK!!!

I can't believe he was taken down, though......FUCK!!!

Even when Askren was running through guys in college, he was a bit vulnerable, if he had any vulnerabilities, to a power double. That was the critique against, he gave up his legs too much. Almost always, though, he would be scrambling around like he was in a clothes dryer and the other guy would find himself on his back.

Polarizing personality + a not-so-fan-friendly style?

sonnen_UFC133Weighins.jpg

Recipe for success.

If you think Ben Askren would have actually fought for free you might be retarded.

You can call me slow then. I think he wisely picked Rory as a highly hyped yet winnable match, he would have fought him for free. Now after beating Rory, I'm guessing the hype would be high and he wouldn't be singing anything cheap, but I think the Rory offer was real.

I didnt see gsp standing ko or subbing many guys recently, same with chael.sonnen, and.coutures run when all he would do was press guys up against the fence while rorgan would moan in ecstasy about him being 50 years old. They straight up ducked him.

True, but let's be realistic: Askren wouldn't be finishing guys like Shields, Diaz, Condit or Hendricks, either. His competition has been nowhere near that level. I'll give him credit for more finishes recently, but he'd look more like Shields/Fitch/Okami or "old Askren" against Top 10 guys. That said, he certainly might beat some Top 10 fighters.

If you think Ben Askren would have actually fought for free you might be retarded.

Also, chael had to toil for years and years in lower leagues and had been in the UFC before and been cut before he finally got his big shot and became popular.

People just don't find Askren interesting. My casual MMA friends think he's a colossal dick and couldn't care less now that he's in ONE FC.

There's a reason Bellator let him go and the UFC didn't sign him, or WSOF.

Harsh I know but it's just the reality.

and yet you like bendo...lol

Back