Ben Askren's wrestling is so good, getting him on his back is worse than...

My casual MMA friends think he's a colossal dick and couldn't care less now that he's in ONE FC.

The fact that they think he is "a dick" at least means they know who he is, which for a casual mma fan is impressive. My "casual MMA" friends could probably only name 5 of the current 9 UFC champs correctly. So the fact that they know about the personality of a Bellator champ is a sign that he is pretty well known.

Dude's a beast, he might actually be the best in the world. Though, we don't know how he will handle heavy handed guys like Hendricks with good tdd. He might crumble.

The fact that they think he is "a dick" at least means they know who he is, which for a casual mma fan is impressive. My "casual MMA" friends could probably only name 5 of the current 9 UFC champs correctly. So the fact that they know about the personality of a Bellator champ is a sign that he is pretty well known.

Well the guys I'm talking about know every champion and a lot of the guys in the top-5 of all the divisions and such.

I guess it's true Ben is the only guy they know by name from Bellator but they'd never watch him, and obviously have not the slightest idea what ONE FC is or how to watch it.

I was more pointing out going to ONE FC is career suicide. Look at Aoki, he was much much more popular in strikeforce, Bellator, even DREAM, no one ever mentions him anymore except on rare occasions.

and yet you like bendo...lol

What about Bendo? UFC champion, WEC champion, only lost to the #1 fighter in his weight class in the last 8-years.

He has the most title defenses in his weight class in both WEC/UFC history.

Has beaten a plethora of great fighters, Cerrone x2, Guida, Varner, Miller, Edgar x2, Diaz, Melendez, Thompson that's multiple top-10/5 and Edgar and Melendez were both in the top-10 P4P I believe.

He's main-evented 6 events already, in only 9 UFC appearances, that's almost unheard of. I'm not sure if any other fighter other than long reigning champs like Silva have a better ratio.

He's main eventing a week from now and is still ranked #2 in the division.

I could go on and on, I don't really get what your point was. But if you were trying to compare him to askren he's beaten about 10 guys that are better than anyone Ben has ever fought, is a million times more popular, and isn't a colossal dick :D

He's fucking boring though and this is coming from a guy that used to sing his praises...

Polarizing personality + a not-so-fan-friendly style?

sonnen_UFC133Weighins.jpg

Recipe for success.

Sometimes I feel people don't actually watch MMA, just comment on it.

Chael can be very boring at times, but he is infinitely more exciting than Askren.

Chael can be very boring at times, but he is infinitely more exciting than Askren.

Yeah, I'm curious as how it isn't exciting to watch someone exert their will on another individual. An individual who trained for months specifically knowing what would happen and they still aren't able to stop it.

What about Bendo? UFC champion, WEC champion, only lost to the #1 fighter in his weight class in the last 8-years.

He has the most title defenses in his weight class in both WEC/UFC history.

Has beaten a plethora of great fighters, Cerrone x2, Guida, Varner, Miller, Edgar x2, Diaz, Melendez, Thompson that's multiple top-10/5 and Edgar and Melendez were both in the top-10 P4P I believe.

He's main-evented 6 events already, in only 9 UFC appearances, that's almost unheard of. I'm not sure if any other fighter other than long reigning champs like Silva have a better ratio.

He's main eventing a week from now and is still ranked #2 in the division.

I could go on and on, I don't really get what your point was. But if you were trying to compare him to askren he's beaten about 10 guys that are better than anyone Ben has ever fought, is a million times more popular, and isn't a colossal dick :D
Ouch...facts hurt sometimes..

Disagree, I don't mind watching either of them wrestle, but I find Askrens constant transitioning and willingness to put himself in some danger form the top that he doesn't have to, to be exciting.

Yeah, I'm curious as how it isn't exciting to watch someone exert their will on another individual. An individual who trained for months specifically knowing what would happen and they still aren't able to stop it.

If I train to sit on top of you for 15 minutes, and you can't stop me, I'm still just sitting on you for 15 minutes.

I know that's an over-exaggeration of Askren, I'm just showing why your point is silly.

When askren fights and beats a great fighter he will get my attention. So far he is like Mousasi and Lombard before joining the ufc.

Back