Ben Askrens next opponent?

I would be happy with Darren Till vs Ben Askren.

They were originally expected to meet and Masvidal defeated them consecutively. It seems perfect providing Till remains at 170.

Last edited:
I think Maia/Askren would be an awesome clash of styles, for as long as Maia’s gas tank lasts. Personally I think Maia outclasses him early both on the feet and in grappling. Barring an early sub, I see Ben rallying back halfway through the second.

Who you got?
I don't see Askren getting subbed by him but could definitely lose a 3 rounder by decision, if it was 5 rounder I'd probably give it to Askren assuming Maia would gas out. Would be really interesting fight to see.

I think Ben loses against Maia, I'd like to see him vs. Chiesa. I feel like that's still a tough fight for him tbh. He can also always run it back against Lawler, lots of options for him.

There is few ones that comes to my mind, Darren Till, Kevin Lee, Demian Maia or even Robbie Lawler rematch if he loses against Colby. Thoughts?
Probably doesn’t make sense but I’d like to see him fight Gunnar Nelson.

Lee, Maia, Till and Ponz sound good to me

Till. Both have lost a lot of stock and could use a win. And, there is already some dislike there.

Jarl

Maia is the correct choice.

The guy just had brain damage. Give him Demain who does his best to not punch people.

ufc should set a card in china and sign Takuya Nagata (8-2-1 and currently number 10 in the japanese regional welterweight rankings) to face askren there.

Maia has one fight left on his contract and it might be the last. Give him a name like Askren, someone who won't be afraid to grapple with him. They're only a couple spots away from eachother in the rankings too.

Maia would be a good fight, low risk high reward for both guys.

Chiesa

He needs a guy close to 12 to 15 in rank, then 8 to 10.

Need to slow walk him

Maia has one fight left on his contract and it might be the last. Give him a name like Askren, someone who won't be afraid to grapple with him. They're only a couple spots away from eachother in the rankings too.
Personally, I don't like the Maia matchup, because I like both guys and one of them would have to lose. Best case scenario: feed Chiesa to Askren, then feed whatever is left of him to Maia.<Oku02>

Back