Ben Askrens biggest problem was starting his ufc career late

J

Jpenwell14

He didn't handle his losses like gaethje did. He was a wrestler who could out wrestle almost anybody in the mma world. Thats all he ever had to be. Earlier in his career Maybe he wins a ufc championship along the way maybe not, but he had alot of pressure and spotlight after the trade, and most of his career he really had none of that.

Who knows if he gets any of those losses back if he starts out younger and fresher against the same level of competition. All I know is I remember this guy have two of the most lopsided victories I've ever seen against two killers in bellator: koreshkov and lima. That was all wrestling talent. And it was fun to watch his style of wrestling. While it lasted

Naw, I think the Nu Breed is what got him, personally.

Askren was hyped by Rogan and sadly many people fell for it

He was never good

I think we all know that. Still wish that rematch between him and Robbie would've happened.

He would have been champ at some point had he been signed ten or so years ago.

He was a horribly unskilled punching bag on the feet. That was his main problem.

I think his biggest problem was being completely 1 dimensional and fighting nobodies which did nothing to improve his skills.

I think we all know that. Still wish that rematch between him and Robbie would've happened.

If he had any confidence at all, he would have taken that rematch to close the show. He didn't want it.

If he had any confidence at all, he would have taken that rematch to close the show. He didn't want it.
True. I'm a big fan of Robbie so I'll forever be fuming over it.

His problem was he spent his alleged "Prime" according to his fans fighting lesser competition. Your only as good are you competition which caused to not evolve his MMA skills. His wrestling no doubt is good, but his skills stayed stagnant because he never needed it to. IMO I think he never hit a prime of his career.

I think it was his arrogance and acceptance of being one dimensional.

I would go with didnt really train to strike his whole career as if it was 1995.

20191027-035352.gif

I'm a big fan of Ben but his weaknesses are pretty obvious. There are certain fighters he would struggle with at any point in his career.

So we gonna act like he would have gotten past woodley, colby or usman?
Are we pretending?
<36>

His biggest problem is that he never really fought high caliber guys

Back