n3 woodley
n4condit
n5 lombard
n6 brown
n7 gastelum
n8 maia
n9 saffiedine
n10 dhk
i think he condit and brown are easy fights for him and lombard,rory and hendricks are harder ones
IF ufc signs him dow does he do?

I believe "Funky" would do surprisingly well which concerns Dana...

ufc rankings
champ lawler
n1 hendricks
n2 rory
n3 woodley
n4condit
n5 lombard
n6 brown
n7 gastelum
n8 maia
n9 saffiedine
n10 dhk
i think he condit and brown are easy fights for him and lombard,rory and hendricks are harder ones
IF ufc signs him dow does he do?

UFC top ten at WW is not the actual top ten in the world, as it is in any other division

Ben Askren, Jake Shields and Palhares could be considered top ten WW as many in that list. Of course, same with GSP and Diaz. I mean that that top ten are not "the 10 best welterweights in the world" by any means

Said that, I think Askren can't handle Rory and Hendricks. I can see him outgrappling anyone else although Lombard, or even Woodley and DHK, could give him a hard time.

i see him winning atleast 5 of those fights

I think GSP should have a comeback fight against Askren to see if GSP could get Askren to shut the Funk up! It would have huge PPV ratings as well.

He would be very competitive against every one of them. The hardest match for him is against Dana White's ego.

UFC top ten at WW is not the actual top ten in the world, as it is in any other division

Ben Askren, Jake Shields and Palhares could be considered top ten WW as many in that list. Of course, same with GSP and Diaz. I mean that that top ten are not "the 10 best welterweights in the world" by any means

Said that, I think Askren can't handle Rory and Hendricks. I can see him outgrappling anyone else although Lombard, or even Woodley and DHK, could give him a hard time.

I consider palhares and shields top 10,diaz not and gsp is non ranked until he comes back

I think he'd do pretty well, and the UFC has had less entertaining fighters for sure. I didn't follow the free agency too closely, but I can't imagine Askren did anything to deserve not getting resigned as undefeated champion and then also not being signed by UFC.

The only guy I think I would confidently pick against Askren is Hendricks. He has more than a good shot at beating half of them and would give the other half a very competitive fight.

There's no way of gauging this considering his past competition. Out of his best competition most of them have been rangey kickboxers with a sub game, then Good who is chiefly a kickboxer, then Hieron who is the only one with any real wrestling game (and I'm not counting Nick Thompson as that was his last fight after unfortunately being finished in his three previous bouts). Save for Condit, all of the top UFC welterweights have very good to great wrestling, and all of them are better strikers than Askren. In the top 25 the only other fighter that hasn't really shown off very good wrestling is Jordan Mein (Tarec Saffiedine at least has shown very good defensive wrestling and good offensive wrestling and Matt Brown has proven to be able to take down wrestlers like Lawler).
Askren is just a big what if right now unless he goes to the WSOF or UFC.

I think he'd do pretty well, and the UFC has had less entertaining fighters for sure. I didn't follow the free agency too closely, but I can't imagine Askren did anything to deserve not getting resigned as undefeated champion and then also not being signed by UFC.

yeah. he got caught in a pissing contest which was completely unfair to him. It was basically askren wanted to go to the UFC, bjorn would only do it if he was guaranteed an immediate title shot which the UFC didn't want to validate bellator. So bellator releases their reigning champ(and possibly best fighter). Dana still doesn't sign him, so he goes to One FC and starts to talk shit about the UFC despite being under exclusive contract.

The dude still deserves to fight in the UFC, and I think he'd be a tough matchup for the bottom half of the top 10. I'd love to see the Maia fight though to see how he does against a very strong grappler. His wrestling is on paper and in practice excellent. But we don't know what the upper limits are, and if his striking will hold him back from setting up shots/getting into clinch range.

I see him hitting problems with

kIM
Condit
and Lawler

the rest is a ride

yeah. he got caught in a pissing contest which was completely unfair to him. It was basically askren wanted to go to the UFC, bjorn would only do it if he was guaranteed an immediate title shot which the UFC didn't want to validate bellator. So bellator releases their reigning champ(and possibly best fighter). Dana still doesn't sign him, so he goes to One FC and starts to talk shit about the UFC despite being under exclusive contract.

The dude still deserves to fight in the UFC, and I think he'd be a tough matchup for the bottom half of the top 10. I'd love to see the Maia fight though to see how he does against a very strong grappler. His wrestling is on paper and in practice excellent. But we don't know what the upper limits are, and if his striking will hold him back from setting up shots/getting into clinch range.

Does OneFC really have anyone for him? They're building a respectable list of champions, but kind of like WSOF, they lack in their challengers.

I think Hendricks, Lombard, Rory, Tyron, Kelvin, Lawler would be tough fights, not that he cant win them but they would be the tough ones.

Tarec, Maia and Stun Gun i think he wins, Brown is a tough guy but Askren probably works him.

I think he'd be top 5, would fight for a title at some point and hsa the best chance at being a champ out of anyone outside UFC right now.

He's got cardio and wrestling, he can grind for days. His problem comes when he cant get someone down cause then he's screwed. Hendricks, Lawler, Tyron, Lombard would murder him standing. He'd take Condit down easily but he's dangerous from his back.

Does OneFC really have anyone for him? They're building a respectable list of champions, but kind of like WSOF, they lack in their challengers.

No, Sapo Santos is it and he isnt exactly a top 30 WW. Good striker but once on hsi back he's done.

After that they have nothing in the top 100, would need to sign someone who is a free agent.

You are right, they have like Vera at LHW, Gracie at LHW, Russian at MW, Askren, Aoki, Jadamba, Bibi and Moraes.

They have a solid stable of champs or soon to be champs like Gracie and Vera but they have almost nothing in most divs as far as contenders.

Imo he loses to Lawler, Hendricks, woodley, lombard, and rory.

I think any of the other guys on the list would be a good fight.

champ lawler L
n1 hendricks L
n2 rory L
n3 woodley W
n4condit L
n5 lombard L
n6 brown W
n7 gastelum L
n8 maia W
n9 saffiedine W
n10 dhk W

I think GSP should have a comeback fight against Askren to see if GSP could get Askren to shut the Funk up! It would have huge PPV ratings as well.

Askren is not well known, and is known to suck for ratings. Why do you think BFC let him go?

With that said I want him in the UFC.

Back