Ben Askren vs ufc top 10 ww

champ lawler W and neeeewwwwwwwwwwwww
n1 hendricks L
n2 rory W (a very good fight, but there is a reason he has singled him out as the guy he wanted to use to propel to a title shot, when calling out Condit would have made more sense, he clearly thinks he can beat; even though that doens't mean he can for sure)
n3 woodley Would never fight and a tough call
n4condit W
n5 lombard 3 Round L 5 round not sure still lean towards L
n6 brown W
n7 gastelum W
n8 maia W
n9 saffiedine W
n10 dhk W

champ lawler W and neeeewwwwwwwwwwwww
n1 hendricks L
n2 rory W (a very good fight, but there is a reason he has singled him out as the guy he wanted to use to propel to a title shot, when calling out Condit would have made more sense, he clearly thinks he can beat; even though that doens't mean he can for sure)
n3 woodley Would never fight and a tough call
n4condit W
n5 lombard 3 Round L 5 round not sure still lean towards L
n6 brown W
n7 gastelum W
n8 maia W
n9 saffiedine W
n10 dhk W

I agree with most of your predictions. However i think rory stuff him and outstrike him to ud

I see him hitting problems with

kIM
Condit
and Lawler

the rest is a ride

Lol condit is easiest fight for him. He has no tdd and would look like hendricks fight
Lawler has great tdd,but would likely still get taken down and lost ud. He would only had problems with wrestlers that could stuff his td-like woodley,'endricks and gastelum
Lombard fight he would likely lose,but who knows

condit is aggressive off his back and takedowns as point makers are losing steam with the judges.

n1 Hendricks - Hendricks wins.
n2 rory - Rory wins.
n3 Woodley - a toss-up.
n4condit - Askren probably wins, unless he gets caught with something nasty.
n5 Lombard - Lombard wins.
n6 brown - Brown wins.
n7 gastelum - Askren wins, now, maybe Kelvin in a few years.
n8 maia - Askren wins.
n9 saffiedine - Askren wins.
n10 dhk - Askren wins.

He beats most of them. Top 5 are questionable/unlikely.

n1 Hendricks - Hendricks wins.
n2 rory - Rory wins.
n3 Woodley - a toss-up.
n4condit - Askren probably wins, unless he gets caught with something nasty.
n5 Lombard - Lombard wins.
n6 brown - Brown wins.
n7 gastelum - Askren wins, now, maybe Kelvin in a few years.
n8 maia - Askren wins.
n9 saffiedine - Askren wins.
n10 dhk - Askren wins.

Dont think he beats Brown. Lombard in a 3 round fight wins, in 5 round Askren has the cardio to keep the pace up, could tire Lombard out of if he doesnt knock him out early.

There's no way of gauging this considering his past competition. Out of his best competition most of them have been rangey kickboxers with a sub game, then Good who is chiefly a kickboxer, then Hieron who is the only one with any real wrestling game (and I'm not counting Nick Thompson as that was his last fight after unfortunately being finished in his three previous bouts). Save for Condit, all of the top UFC welterweights have very good to great wrestling, and all of them are better strikers than Askren. In the top 25 the only other fighter that hasn't really shown off very good wrestling is Jordan Mein (Tarec Saffiedine at least has shown very good defensive wrestling and good offensive wrestling and Matt Brown has proven to be able to take down wrestlers like Lawler).
Askren is just a big what if right now unless he goes to the WSOF or UFC.

A lot of truth right here.

A great wrestling game with GnP will do you wonders on the way up the ladder. But once you start getting into the top 10 especially at WW your wrestling becomes more neutralized.

I've never seen Askren yet be in fight that he didn't control the fight 100%. That is a lot easier to do with the level of guys he has fought. Your not going to be able to do that a 100% of time against the legit top 10 guys. So I have no ideal how he would react if he couldn't get a takedown or control the match with his takedowns. Honestly, based on his interviews I think he'll be shell shocked when it happens. IMHO I think he'd do ok over all. But I think he'd have a hard time stringing top 10 wins together to get a title shot.

I see him hitting problems with

kIM
Condit
and Lawler

the rest is a ride

Hendricks, rory, Koscheck, maia, lombard, woodley, all have the ability to stuff his takedowns and out strike him, maia would be to big and too good on the ground in my opinion.

I agree with most of your predictions. However i think rory stuff him and outstrike him to ud

Wouldn't shock me to see that happen either, but I do think he is a bright guy (although he missed on DC vs Jones) and think he obviously sees something in his matchup with Rory that he can exploit or he would have picked another guy in the top 10 to feud with. Rory winning wouldn't shock me though.

If everyone that used peds suddenly vanished would he do better?

Hard to tell who is using and who isn't, but I can say Askren failing a PED test would shock me a lot. I also assume there are a fairly high amount of abusers, so under that thought process, it would help him.

Hard to tell who is using and who isn't, but I can say Askren failing a PED test would shock me a lot. I also assume there are a fairly high amount of abusers, so under that thought process, it would help him.

It would shock me to. People that think Askren isn't good should realize it is operating at a disadvantage by not using PED's and still wins. If Askren does ever lose unless I see some technique that caused it I am going wonder if PED's was involved.

This is a tough sport for clean fighters.

Back