• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ben Askren Said He Picked/Tricked Masvidal into Fighting Him Because He's "Simple" and Easy to Beat

Who wins?

• Total voters
Beating a simple & easy fighter as he put it wouldn't be an impressive win for a title shot.

...? When has he gone Cody Garbrandt in a fight?
he looked a bit out of control backstage with leon edwards, but that's just my take.

you have to think Robbie beat the chin out of Ben. You aren't the same after taking those shots. All fighters had one of those before they became known as chinny.

Masvidal skipped 2 UFC media events while Askren went and did his thing with Dana. Askren is so far deep in Masvidals head do you guys remember before and after the Till fight Masvidal kept getting frustrated getting asked questions about him. The mental game is over Askren has this fight no doubts.

he looked a bit out of control backstage with leon edwards, but that's just my take.
Looked like someone defending himself because his personal space was invaded and he felt threatened.

Looked like someone defending himself because his personal space was invaded and he felt threatened.
Why did he walk away from the interviewer then and walk over there? He wanted to punch Leon.

I think in terms of baseline performance, styles, etc...the smart money would be on Askren to win with a moderate amount of difficulty.

Usman is another matter entirely, and would be my choice to give him his first loss. Significantly different and more challenging stylistic mapping to Ben's game.

Lol. His personal space when he walked 100 feet towards someone walking away? Haha. Good one.

Can't wait for Jorge to piece this guy up, such a charlatan. I don't know how anyone can be a fan of this goofy awkward dadbod, duck walking, ass poking out, sandal wearing wierdo lol must be murrican
I suppose either you get the humor of it or you don't. I find the fact he has a complete dad bod and bushy blond hair, looking like an over the hill surfer, and still somehow beats these monsters with this wry confident smile completely hilarious. I've loved his style of trash talk too, but I admit it has turned more 'prickish' here of late or else I'm just starting to notice it more.

Why did he walk away from the interviewer then and walk over there? He wanted to punch Leon.
He wanted Leon to say "shut up" to his face... If you wanna punch someone you don't put your hands behind your back.

I think it's really impossible for some of you on here to understand people lived a different way of life and their survival instincts might kick in for situations that you may think were avoidable.

He wanted Leon to say "shut up" to his face... If you wanna punch someone you don't put your hands behind your back.

I think it's really impossible for some of you on here to understand people lived a different way of life and their survival instincts might kick in for situations that you may think were avoidable.
Dude I grew up in a bad neighborhood and went to a school where I was the only white student there. I know what his mentality is. Do you not understand getting upset over some mean words is childish and shows mental weakness? Real men know how to control themselves.

Dude I grew up in a bad neighborhood and went to a school where I was the only white student there. I know what his mentality is. Do you not understand getting upset over some mean words is childish and shows mental weakness? Real men know how to control themselves.
Okay white student.

He told him to not say it walking away, he walked over with his hands up and got punched in the face. There's nothing "mentally weak" about that specific scenario lmao, and here we go with "real men" bullshit.

Okay white student.

He told him to not say it walking away, he walked over with his hands up and got punched in the face. There's nothing "mentally weak" about that specific scenario lmao, and here we go with "real men" bullshit.
Nothing would have happened if Masvidal knew how to control his emotions. Acting like a fucking female.

I suppose either you get the humor of it or you don't. I find the fact he has a complete dad bod and bushy blond hair, looking like an over the hill surfer, and still somehow beats these monsters with this wry confident smile completely hilarious. I've loved his style of trash talk too, but I admit it has turned more 'prickish' here of late or else I'm just starting to notice it more.
Maybe if he did it impressively by ko'ing his opponents then I'd be OK with him

Maybe if he did it impressively by ko'ing his opponents then I'd be OK with him
I found the submission by bulldog choke very impressive and also his ability to recover after the thrashing Lawler gave him perhaps the most impressive display of toughness I've seen in an MMA fight.

yeah, that's how he's gonna feel when askren backpacks him while rubbing a decision out all over his chest and face. askren bless.

Anyone who thinks Askren wins this easily is insane

you have to think Robbie beat the chin out of Ben. You aren't the same after taking those shots. All fighters had one of those before they became known as chinny.

Check out this upkick.

Back