Ben Askren Roasted by Daniel Cormier

LOL at morons comparing Dc losing to strikes against Jones and fucking STIPE to Ben getting his face boxed up by fucking DEMIAN MAIA. LOL

Askren has formidable wresslin, good ground game ( subs, defense) and horrendous striking( punching technique, kicks, head movement, defense, rhythm, etc...). You can’t be that bad at striking and become ufc welterweight champ in this era. So, yeah.... we can say that he is ok but not great at mma. It’s a shame because he could have become a much better fighter. Dude has much better subs than a lot of ncaa wresslers. It would have been formidable for him to develop his striking through the years like DC, Sherk, Usman, Couture, Colby and others. Ben got too comfortable beating guys only with his wresslin.... that wasn’t gonna cut it at the highest level.

Wrestlers love throwing shitty spinning backfists

It would have been a different story if Ben had been allowed in the UFC during his prime. He might not have been champ, but the "he couldn't cut it in the UFC" talks would not exist today.

Exactly, I was always a fan of Ben, but I never claimed he would have been champ or he was GOAT or anything like that.
He was a legit skilled fighter and what he accomplished is impressive.
He gets criticized for being "boring" from people that don't like grappling (exactly what they would say about Khabib too).
Said this many times, if you don't like grappling, go watch Kickboxing. This is MMA.

Well there is no doubt that Ben is hard headed which is his greatest strength and weakness. I'm just not sure what DC or Javier Mendez were going to do for him that Duke Roufus couldn't. Ben would still be hard headed and would take only what he really wanted from the situation.

Well, of course he doesn't listen. He became world champ with no one's help.
The world champion is a UFC Belt. Not some beta-league champ. We need to start respecting the UFC even more, and turn all the other beta-promotion into "prep schools" for the UFC.

Yes, some fighters from the beta-leagues can come to the UFC and become champions. However, they need to do it, and not talk about it, before we accept as the truth.

Last edited:
Cm punk level striking combined with Olympic esque wrestling. With adcc level jiu jitsu.

He is nowhere near top10. Probably not even top 20.

GSP
Usman
Woodley
Colby
Wonderboy
Hughes
Hendricks
Rory
Masvidal
Maia
BJ

All are way better fighters than Ben ever was

Lol half that list aren't top 10 WWs

Bet Fedor cried when he got finished three times in a row, once by a MW and once by a glass jaw Brazilian that DC KTFO in his very next fight

source.gif

Lmfao what kind of shitty technique is this garbage

<45>

"GOAT"
Fedor didn’t cry, he acknowledged defeat congratulated his opponent. Apologized to his fans and carried on.

Cormier is less likable than Bones...way less.

Anyone ever see the clip of him after his final wrestling match against Chris Pendleton?

Pretty much elbows a little kid in the face lol

i think askren collected his checks and was aware of his chances and his skills and figured it made sense to him and his goals, after all he did play his cards rather well all things considered

Askren's biggest career highlight in one gif.

GargantuanUncomfortableHousefly-size_restricted.gif

And to think some people claimed at one point that Askren was the guy to beat GSP.

<36>

it happens

Everybody has embarrassing lowlights in their career

gif8.gif

Lol half that list aren't top 10 WWs
It’s not a strict WW top10, it’s just 11 WW fighters off the top of my head who are better than Ben. Who do you think doesn’t belong there?

It’s not a strict WW top10, it’s just 11 WW fighters off the top of my head who are better than Ben. Who do you think doesn’t belong there?

Masvidal, Colby and BJ are not top 10 material. Off the top of my head I'd put Shields, Lawler, Lima above them.

Went 20-0 against decent competition and made it to the big leagues but doesn’t know how to fight? Dude was way past his prime anyway

Ask Robbie Lawler, Lima, Aoki and Koreshcov if Askren can fight
maia was older than him, masvidal was the exact same age as askren ...

Say what you say about Ben, but it was fun while it lasted.
Yeah he didn't do that well in the UFC, but wins over Koreshkov and Lima definitely mean something.
Those two are no joke and are world class WWs.

And if he signed a fight against a top 10 today this place would blow up. Don’t let these jabroni‘s make you think otherwise

Masvidal, Colby and BJ are not top 10 material. Off the top of my head I'd put Shields, Lawler, Lima above them.
All of them rank higher than Ben though. Colby should be top10 for sure

mehhh the hate is real. I guess it’s hard to imagine Robbie getting choked unconscious but it happened even if it was only a flash.
I don't hate Askren at all, I actually never understood why the dude got hated so much. He's awesome and very funny imo. I have great respect for his wrestling too

But Robbie wasn't out. You are not unconscious when you have the lucidity to acknowledge the referee is checking on you to see if you're out and you have the sense to move the arm he's checking PLUS giving him a thumbs up. Herb had a brain fart, thats all.

Back