ben askren =bad as s

man alot hate for a good wrestler!! hope he can make to ufc sometime in 2013....good fight vs dong hyun kim i think

man alot hate for a good wrestler!! hope he can make to ufc sometime in 2013....good fight vs dong hyun kim i think

Would love to see that fight, but with the consistent improvement DHK has been making in all areas, he may be too much for Ben. That fight would really put Ben's ability to scramble out of bad positions to the test.

hey mastodon who else do you think would be good first ufc fight for him??

With bens wrestling pedigree and his ever improving skillset, he will be hard to stop.

hey mastodon who else do you think would be good first ufc fight for him??

Kos, Fitch, or Maia. I don't think he's well rounded enough to deal with the other top WW's at this point. This time next year would be the perfect time for Ben to take a step up in competition.

fight vs maia would be raw....i love the new "zombie-maia" at 170...he look so drawn in vsd dhk that he resemble a zombie,but he pulled off the victory with his zombie slam

fight vs maia would be raw....i love the new "zombie-maia" at 170...he look so drawn in vsd dhk that he resemble a zombie,but he pulled off the victory with his zombie slam

Wtf are you talking about?

I hope the mods dump this thread, or move it to the heavies.

dominance, and innovation. wait...

What do you mean? There's loads of dominance and innovation in this video of Askren.

Seriously though, it takes two to tango and without Askren we would never have had this masterpiece, it's one of my favorite Marcelo videos.

Great highlight, but even in his "highlight" you can see him make some serious mistakes.

I for one love watching wrestling dominate in a fight. I like Askren alot, love Fitch, even loved watching that kid win the final of TUF by simply out position grappling and grinding the kid from GSP's camp that was the overwhelming favorite.

Nothing like the good ol' fashion grind!!!!!

dominance, and innovation. wait...

I don't see the relevance of the video.

The video is three years old and even though he's still get his ass handed to him in a rematch, he's grappling against one of the best in the world.

Plus, it's MMA and not grappling.
Askren's definitely a badass. His orginal wrestling style is not that effective for MMA, but so far he's done a good job of finetuning it for the sport and it's paid off, because he's world champion in Bellator.

Back