Belt test tomorrow...very nervous

Our instructor would tell us weeks or a month in advance "Hey you will be testing for your belt on Friday the 6th" or whatever. You'd go in, test with others who were testing.

But like everyone said it was a formality and I never saw anyone fail. Mainly because they didnt ask you to test if they didnt think you already have passed.

I train under Eduardo Martinez (Brown Belt - Nova Uniao), His trainer is Ademir Oliveria if I am not mistaken. Eddie used to have a school in San Pablo, CA (I think) but since moved to Florida.

The test went great and I am very tired. I had to show him 20-25 or so techniques and then roll with the entire class. I threw up once and popped 1 rib.

I am very happy but this is just the beginning.

I train under Eduardo Martinez (Brown Belt - Nova Uniao), His trainer is Ademir Oliveria if I am not mistaken. Eddie used to have a school in San Pablo, CA (I think) but since moved to Florida.

The test went great and I am very tired. I had to show him 20-25 or so techniques and then roll with the entire class. I threw up once and popped 1 rib.

Congrats!

Sorry excuse me for being retarded...
So you got your new strap than?:redface:

Yes sir. Pround owner of an Atama baby blue belt

Grats.

I hope your rib is ok. Rib injuries are nothing to laugh about.

Does it pain you at all? That sound could have been cartilage tearing.

Thanks, I broke a rib before and this is a bit different. I was thinking a tear like you said. It hurts to laugh or cough.

congrats, Now everytime you roll with a white belt they will try to take your soul because they think by tapping you it makes them worthy to be a blue belt also.

congrats, Now everytime you roll with a white belt they will try to take your soul because they think by tapping you it makes them worthy to be a blue belt also.

So true, So true...

I remember the week after i 1st got my blue belt...rolling friends that where white belts...every damn single one of them went after me like i own them money!

Of course i tapped each of them without trouble...with all of the powers i inherited as a new found blue belt:icon_chee

I am sure they will be gunning for me just I like I did to the other blues. time to step it up. I am a little older than most of the guys there, so I have to roll smarter than them.

I am sure they will be gunning for me just I like I did to the other blues. time to step it up. I am a little older than most of the guys there, so I have to roll smarter than them.

Don't be nervous, he asked you so you probably have what it takes.

Wait - so he brought you in to watch you roll and then asked you to come another day to test?

I dont get this testing culture at all. I can see it for kids as it helps them solidify things but not for adults.

I agree 100%. I remember belt tests as a kid doing TKD. I'd hate to have to do them for jiu jitsu which seems like such a more "up front" martial art ...

He basically wanted my team mates to kick my ass for about an hour. its kind of like he was testing my will, to see if I wanted to give up. I had a couple of guys tell me they would have given up.

Congrats! Blue is both an honor and a responsibility too. You have to stay committed to training, but you're on the right path!

Back