PBP Bellator x Rizin 2/Super Rizin 2, Sat. 7/29, 11 PM ET/8 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

I didn't expect the special mention, but I appreciate the shoutout!

I don't normally do PBPs, but this was nice. Glad I joined y'all and glad you were here too along with everyone else. It was fun just sharing some laughs and enjoying some MMA.

Special shoutout to @Richard Fannin: You and @Bobby Boulders are awesome!
@Bobby Boulders now that we’re IN I think we need some round trip tickets to Japan to see the next event live, if it’s in the budget. Will pm you details.
<mma4>

@Bobby Boulders now that we’re IN I think we need some round trip tickets to Japan to see the next event live, if it’s in the budget. Will pm you details.
<mma4>
Ugh...basically bant from Japan for life. Got Smith County, TX to thank for that one lol. They could have done me a solid, instead they threw the book.

I don't normally do PBPs, but this was nice. Glad I joined y'all and glad you were here too along with everyone else. It was fun just sharing some laughs and enjoying some MMA.

I've seen you around the threads here and there, worth the mention. You understand what you're watching, too. One of us.

Ugh...basically bant from Japan for life. Got Smith County, TX to thank for that one lol. They could have done me a solid, instead they threw the book.

EnviousRawCygnet-max-1mb.gif

If you never saw it, you should check out the first Bellator vs Rizin event. It was incredible -- great fights and the most epic feel since Pride. I don't want to shit on this card, but I have a feeling Rizin produced that one and Bellator produced this one.
I think you're correct, I watched it and it was a let down compared to the first one imo. Big John is getting even worst as well, reminds me of one of the many reasons why I don't like Bellator. His fight analysis is the most generic bland shit I've ever heard. Lol

The other Pitbull brother got wrecked. Once you saw the size differential, and how hard Suzuki was throwing, you knew it was going to be a bad night. It was a tailor made fight for him, only he got KO’d. Props for taking the fight, but in hindsight it was a terrible idea.

Ota needs a better fight. Kenta crumbled quick. Great spinning kick, though.

You really liked that kick, eh? :D

and you're right, it was awesome.

It was an important test for Ota, dude was only 2-2 and was fighting a 13-8 veteran still in his prime (just realized that Kenta Takizawa, 28, is one year younger than Shinobu Ota... I thought Ota was 25 at worst, gee, he doesn't have time to lose).

Shinobu is the Japanese Aaron Pico, but even more hardcore... fought Hideo Tokoro in his first fight ever, then Yuta Kubo in his second (0-0 in MMA but a K-1 veteran with a kickboxing record of 50-10) to get a win, then back to other MMA veterans.

Anyway, he definitely has a chin, ate that kick without flinching, let's hope he can quickly rize to the top.

Between the person I'm quoting and the names tagged I'm the post, we have found RIZIN Top Team.

I agree with most of your assessment. Nothing really bad to say about the RIZIN portion of the show, it was par for the course and a fun event. I was fortunate to not hear the buzzing on my end during the Bellator portion, but might be simply bc if I'm home, a box fan is always on lol.

I expect Suzuki to get a huge push after that KO. Provided he keeps winning, last night was a watershed moment for him.

The RIZIN Top Team is definitely riding the Suzuki KOwagon till our chins fall off <RomeroSalute>

Now that I'm properly invested in Chihiro, I'm kinda hoping that he will put his kickboxing career on hold while he tries his chance at taking out other big names in MMA...
I mean, the dude has an insane schedule already, in MMA alone he fought 4 times in 22, and added a muay thai bout against Tapruwan Hadesworkout
(a veteran who is far from a pushover and boxed at the Rajadamnern stadium a bunch of times with good results and destroyed many Japanese champions on their turf)
and in 2023 he's already fought 3 times, 1 in kickboxing against promising muay thai champion Marcos Rios, and 2 MMA bouts against top competition.

Lots of these guys do not fuck around with the amount of fights they take a year, I'd like to see more of that in the UFC (as long as they're not taking too much damage obviously).

Aww shucks, thanks fella!

Cheers to you all and I'll see you in 3 days their either ONE FC (lots of interesting names, I like that one) or PFL 7 (ouch, Satoshi Ishii's fight is moved to PFL 8 <mma1> )

Keep that energy <RomeroSalute>

Very, very long story short(er), I got caught speeding through Texas (didn't live there) with a prescription that wasn't mine (ten 10mg percocets). I'd never been in trouble before, but Texas is fucking insane and wanted to give me 10 years my first time down. At the 11th hour I paid for an attorney and the best he could get me was 10 years deferred adjudicated probation, with so much fine print and legal jargon that, had I understood the gravity of the situation, I'd have gone a different route. But having been in for 3 months already, I was just worried about getting the fuck out and was so dumb about it all back then I'd have signed anything they offered just to go home. What I signed up for basically meant that if I sneezed indoors I was going back. If I went back for any reason at all, the starting point was the 10 years, and then whatever else they wanted to tack on, up to 20. I sneezed, and rather than sit around and see what happens I bounced out and was a fugitive for almost 5 years, a story of adventure in and of itself that I've been told many times I should write a book about. I finally got tired of running, as, while I could have basically just kept doing it forever without really worrying I'd get extradited (Texas won't send for you unless you committed big shit, mine wasn't), every time a cop would have run my shit I'd have at the very least had to sit in jail for a few days until Texas told them they weren't coming for me, and they'd let me loose. This happened a time or two, isn't goid for jobs and whatnot. I finally decided I wanted to move forward in life and just turned myself in. They gave me 12 years, 10 for the deal I had signed, and only 2 for running. I did just under 2 1/2 years, parolee until like 2031 or some shit.

Smith County could have lessened the charge on the plea deal, considering I'd never been in trouble, but instead decided to make an example out of the out-of-stater. So bc I have the felony, I can never go to Japan bc they don't allow felons in (unless you're famous, then, maybe).

It's a price to pay, but I wouldn't really change any of it. Bc I manned up and turned myself in, life turned around completely, and now I work for a top 10 Fortune 500 company with job security basically for the rest of my working days. I also learned patience, something I was lacking, bc if you don't learn that shit super fast, prison is a total bitch. I'm also sober (haven't taken pills in almost 10 years, quit drinking two years before I went in).

Not being able to see a live RIZIN event in Japan stings like a motherfucker, but, all said and done, I'm OK with how life turned out. I grew from it all.

Not being able to see a live RIZIN event in Japan stings like a motherfucker, but, all said and done, I'm OK with how life turned out. I grew from it all.

Based upon what I have read, I think it can be done. I don’t have a felony, so I don’t know what it’s like traveling overseas with a criminal record, the anxiety that such an action may bring about, but I have been through some ports of entry that were like stepping back in time. Look at your picture, and then move on.

Based upon what I have read, I think it can be done. I don’t have a felony, so I don’t know what it’s like traveling overseas with a criminal record, the anxiety that such an action may bring about, but I have been through some ports of entry that were like stepping back in time. Look at your picture, and then move on.
I've thought about trying to look into things like that. If I could game them somehow, and knew it was at least likely to get me in, I'd do it lol. My immediate family moved there for 3 or 4 years after I was already grown, never got to go. Feels like I have unfinished business there that hasn't even started. Culture there is changing a little bit, they're making it easier for foreigners to move there. I'm hoping that, during my lifetime, they relax visitation laws so I can go. If it happens I'm getting the best room at the Godzilla hotel.

Assuming you are American you can visit Japan if you've had a criminal record. You won't be able to work there, but to go see Rizin? I have friends who spent time in prison who have been to Japan and I don't think they did anything fancy.

Americans do not require visas to go to Japan. They just stamp your passport and you go in.

Assuming you are American you can visit Japan if you've had a criminal record. You won't be able to work there, but to go see Rizin? I have friends who spent time in prison who have been to Japan and I don't think they did anything fancy.

Americans do not require visas to go to Japan. They just stamp your passport and you go in.
This makes me hopeful, but doesn't really jive with anything I've read. I got a drug charge, they basically won't entertain it is what I've read over and over, one of four countries.

Damnit I wanted to see this event but totally forgot about it
<DCrying>

Back