News Bellator Signs Wyatt Barber

I do believe Bellator should try and stay away from anyone UFC related. I understand that Coker wants the name value of certain fighters but it only hurts their brand to be known as the UFC castaway organization. Unless there are top 10 fighters who become free agents, I would stay away as far as possible from any fighter or personality from the UFC. They should be branding themselves as a viable alternative to the UFC with many rising prospects and legitimate champions. Instead they come off as a cheap UFC knock off that tries too hard.

The European series, grand prixes, and some interesting rising prospects, are the few things that Coker has done right. He should invest more time and money on these things and market his fighters to rebrand the company. Coker should keep the European series to bring up European rising fighters. Also, do less watered down events and not spend any money on washed up UFC fighters. Instead he shoule concentrate on doing 1 big event a month plus another Fight Night type of event a month also. This would increase the quality of events and those Fight Night type of events could work as a platform for rising prospects.

More so just knowing Bellator can be a whole lot better than the product Coker is putting out. Coker named Bellator President in June of 2014, and he had MVP fighting less than stellar opponents for 5 years until facing Paul Daley in 2019. Coker constant squash matches are ridiculous,Coker putting a fighter like Ava Knight on a main card was just whack. Coker having MVP vs Paul Daley in Connecticut and not in England was totally stupid. Coker having MMA fans miss out on a James Gallagher vs Aaron Pico matchup or James Gallagher vs A.J. McKee matchup just to gloss up records makes no sense. Because a loss in MMA isn't like boxing. Coker leaving legitimate Bellator Heavyweights out of Bellator Heavyweight Tournament was like WTF dude. Bellator don't have to worry about any outside entity to keep it from gaining traction because Coker is doing that all by himself. Bellator should be much better than what it is. For example, Cris Cyborg vs Arlene Blencowe is the fight to make and a fresh matchup. Julia Budd vs Sinead Kavanagh is a interesting fight to make and a fresh matchup. Leslie Smith vs Amanda Bell and Cat Zingano vs the winner of Leah McCourt vs Judith Reis would all be nice fresh matchups. Will we MMA fans get any of them from Bellator?
No way I'm reading all of that.

What do you want to bet?

I tried to bet you one time and you backed off... that was when you stated that fat fuck friend of yours was going to be a huge start.

Huge start? Sorry Sir Salador "the round"...i do not understand your WOW elf speak..

Start what?

Meh, they're trying to secure talent so I won't dog them for it. They did the same with AJ McKee, Brennan's kid and probably a couple of others that I'm forgetting. That's without mentioning the wrestling prospects they've signed both before and after Coker.

If someone has family ties to a legit fighter, it often means they are likely training at a similar level & so worth giving an opportunity to. Its not like they are going to throw Wyatt into a main event fight so why get so upset about it?

But Sergio isn't some unknown kid hired just because of his surname, Fabian Edwards is 9-0 & clearly a decent prospect regardless of who his brother is, but people on here just want to bitch I guess.

I don't see people getting this upset whilst Dana continues to hire every member of Khabib's family, typical sherdog double standards.

If someone has family ties to a legit fighter, it often means they are likely training at a similar level & so worth giving an opportunity to. Its not like they are going to throw Wyatt into a main event fight so why get so upset about it?

But Sergio isn't some unknown kid hired just because of his surname, Fabian Edwards is 9-0 & clearly a decent prospect regardless of who his brother is, but people on here just want to bitch I guess.

I don't see people getting this upset whilst Dana continues to hire every member of Khabib's family, typical sherdog double standards.
Pretty much all Dagastand fighters are olympic level wrestlers....not the baby brother of a garbage 21 year UFCer....

Upset because MMA scouting is more than who has a tie in to some UFC fighter. And this comes across as any UFC fighter, who has a brother or sister or cousin or husband or wife or friend can simply get in contact with Scott Coker, who is absolutely salivating over having any MMA fighter with a tie in to UFC in Bellator. It really has the appearance of Coker is making Bellator into the UFC knock off brand. The UFC has Maycee Barber, well, come over to watch Bellator because Bellator has Wyatt Barber. The UFC has Kevin Lee, well, come on over watch his little brother Keith Lee in Bellator. The UFC has Connor McGregor, well, come on over to watch Bellator because Bellator has his best friend Dillon Danis. Like WTF.

Upset because MMA scouting is more than who has a tie in to some UFC fighter. And this comes across as any UFC fighter, who has a brother or sister or cousin or husband or wife or friend can simply get in contact with Scott Coker, who is absolutely salivating over having any MMA fighter with a tie in to UFC in Bellator. It really has the appearance of Coker is making Bellator into the UFC knock off brand. The UFC has Maycee Barber, well, come over to watch Bellator because Bellator has Wyatt Barber. The UFC has Kevin Lee, well, come on over watch his little brother Keith Lee in Bellator. The UFC has Connor McGregor, well, come on over to watch Bellator because Bellator has his best friend Dillon Danis. Like WTF.
Come on now, how is giving Keith a spot on the prelims any different from them picking up any regional fighter for a one-off contract? If he's got a multi-fight deal then I'll eat my words, but it seems like they're just bringing him to pad the amount of fights of the event.

Hell, they're putting him against Shawn Bunch, so it isn't like they're feeding him some can to push him. Should they just blacklist anybody related to a UFC fighter?

Come on now, how is giving Keith a spot on the prelims any different from them picking up any regional fighter for a one-off contract? If he's got a multi-fight deal then I'll eat my words, but it seems like they're just bringing him to pad the amount of fights of the event.

Hell, they're putting him against Shawn Bunch, so it isn't like they're feeding him some can to push him. Should they just blacklist anybody related to a UFC fighter?

Guys with 5-3 records in local shows....YES!

In the movie Coming To America the fast food place Eddie Murphy worked for was called McDowell's as compared to McDonald's. Coker is turning Bellator into the UFC knock off brand just like the fictional McDowell's was the knock off version of McDonald's in Coming To America. Knock offs are just what they are. Not as good as the original. And since fans have the option of the original, who cares about the knock off? As Bellator awful American viewership numbers clearly shows.

Imagine being that worked up about how a CEO is running an MMA promotion.

Why don't they just get rid of Scott Coker he's made Bellator boring af I can't even take it seriously anymore. The Rebney days were better at least I got MMA every Friday night in a tournament bracket with homegrown talent now it's like Scott is drunk hiring some random ass guys based on their last names only.. If I was Bader I'd fight out the contract and go do that million dollar PFL thing instead.

In the movie Coming To America the fast food place Eddie Murphy worked for was called McDowell's as compared to McDonald's. Coker is turning Bellator into the UFC knock off brand just like the fictional McDowell's was the knock off version of McDonald's in Coming To America. Knock offs are just what they are. Not as good as the original. And since fans have the option of the original, who cares about the knock off? As Bellator awful American viewership numbers clearly shows.

Hahahaha! McDowels! Coker "we got the Big Mick!"

Imagine being that worked up about how a CEO is running an MMA promotion.
Sports fans do it all the time. Look at a NFL draft or listen to a Super Bowl post game presentation of the Lombardi Award given to the winning team and how the crowd boos, incessantly, when Roger Goodell speaks and cheers , in unison, for the winning coach coming up to accept the trophy or when the drafted player comes out on stage. We fans are fans. You have criticized and critiqued things you don't like here on Sherdog.

Sign talents for God sake and not someones sister or brother!!!

Back