Bellator MMA Targeting Mohegun Sun Arena in Connecticut for July 24 Return

2 weeks out they might want to release some news here.
Probably because it is going to be a trash card. They've probably rebooked the Barnett vs Ronnie Markes fight it's fans have been dying to see. And 2-1 guy vs 7-10 guy comian.

Lima/Larkin is the fight to make and Mousasi/Salter is fine. Its just they hold up these divs. BW no champ, HW had no champ for 5 years, LHW hasnt been defended in two years, more than that actually. LW is stuck cause Pitbull is in FW GP.

How many divs do you want to hold up and have no momentum in? They just tried WW/MW champ champ fight and it ended badly. Is this a fight that needs to happen?

Let these divs move on
I can see Tokov vs Mousasi tbh. I honestly wouldn't know who to choose between Tokov and Salter. I might lean more towards Salter as he's coming off the more impressive win than Tokov and has been in Belator longer. But that's splitting hairs. Both have wins over Bellator champions. Coin flip choice IMO.

I can't agree with Larkin being next. I like Jon Fitch more for the title shot. Its been years since we have seen Douglas Lima against an elite wrestler. It would be interesting to see the improvements he has made since being wrestlefucked by Askren. Fitch is also the lineal WSOF WW champ and also went to draw with the then-champ, Hory, in the Welterweight tournament.

Larkin is coming off decisions with like 1 tomato can and 2 inconsistent fighters. Andrey Koreshkov, eh, I'll give him that one. The first Lima vs Larkin was just kinda lukewarm too. Bellator has always been rematch city and its better to see some new fights IMO.

Should be a surprise card. a Royal Rumble style event.

Beef plant can standing in the cage, Music hits, Mauro's like OMG here comes Jack Swagger.

Don't go giving crazy Uncle Coker any ideas.

If they don't want to go crazy with it, they can put on some mid-stakes contender fight at one of the lower divisions. Something like Carmouche vs. Bohm, Leslie Smith vs. Cat Zingano or Mix vs Pettis.

Josh Thomson said it was going to be a stacked event, however, he is a Bellator employee so take that with a grain of salt. I do have high hopes for their return event though. I'm assuming they will be picking up with the FWGP asap, plus some championship fights, hopefully the Mix will be fighting soon, that kid is fire!

Josh Thomson said it was going to be a stacked event, however, he is a Bellator employee so take that with a grain of salt. I do have high hopes for their return event though. I'm assuming they will be picking up with the FWGP asap, plus some championship fights, hopefully the Mix will be fighting soon, that kid is fire!

Boy if it's going to be a stacked card you'd think some fights would've leaked by now. All I'm hearing is crickets for the most part and we are a little over 10 days out. Seems to me if it was anything worthwhile you'd hear something.

I think they'll be one or two decent fights and the rest forgettable if there is even a event July 24th.

Boy if it's going to be a stacked card you'd think some fights would've leaked by now. All I'm hearing is crickets for the most part and we are a little over 10 days out. Seems to me if it was anything worthwhile you'd hear something.

I think they'll be one or two decent fights and the rest forgettable if there is even a event July 24th.
You are probably right im just keeping my hopes high that Bellator turns things around.

If they don't want to go crazy with it, they can put on some mid-stakes contender fight at one of the lower divisions. Something like Carmouche vs. Bohm, Leslie Smith vs. Cat Zingano or Mix vs Pettis.
Are they even going to move forward with the tournament going on at this point?

Back