Bellator MMA Targeting Mohegun Sun Arena in Connecticut for July 24 Return

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
"It’s been quiet on the Bellator MMA front in recent months, but that could change in the very near future.

According to multiple sources close to the situation, the California-based promotion is targeting Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut for a July 24 event. For Bellator to be able to hold that card, it must have its COVID-19 safety protocols approved by the Mohegan Tribe Department of Regulation. That will likely include extensive testing, social distancing measures, cleaning procedures and Bellator holding its fights with no fans in attendance."

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/B...rena-in-Connecticut-for-July-24-Return-173855

Bellator's back! That's good news, the more events, the better!

Let’s go!!!!!! They’re having a card next Friday no idea who the main event could be. For this card, I think it’s Pitbull/Carvalho no doubt. McKee and Caldwell too.

but they seemed so content with just re-airing past events lol

I dont even have any idea where their fights air anymore. They need to get back on fx or wherever they were. They should be able to stack the shit out of this and imma stream it if they do. 3 title fights should be a minimum.

Hope they rebook Bader vs Nemkov, assuming they let Nemkov fly to the US.

They have a card next week and we don't know the headliner? Smh

safety protocols approved by mohegan tribe... so basically just throw enough money at them to okay it

They have a card next week and we don't know the headliner? Smh
I doubt there will be an event next week. If they havent made an announcement about it then im assuming the events will resume until the 24th.
Now, if there is an event next week and they havent announced it then its just gross incompetence.

24th is 2 weeks out. WOuld assume fighters have been notified beforehand.

They should scrap the Lima/Mousasi fight and just do title fights in those divs to get things moving, no point to that fight anyway.

About fucking time.

They'd better have a stacked card ready to start with.
I’ve got an exciting fighter on the card. It’s not announced yet though.

They should scrap the Lima/Mousasi fight and just do title fights in those divs to get things moving, no point to that fight anyway.
we found out a few weeks ago.

This may not be the popular opinion among the forum, but I agree with Mousasi/Lima being scrapped for the time being.

Having seperate events with title defenses from both fighters would make a couple of better cards overall:
Gegard Mousasi vs John Salter
Douglas Lima vs Jon Fitch

This may not be the popular opinion among the forum, but I agree with Mousasi/Lima being scrapped for the time being.

Having seperate events with title defenses from both fighters would make a couple of better cards overall:
Gegard Mousasi vs John Salter
Douglas Lima vs Jon Fitch

Lima/Larkin is the fight to make and Mousasi/Salter is fine. Its just they hold up these divs. BW no champ, HW had no champ for 5 years, LHW hasnt been defended in two years, more than that actually. LW is stuck cause Pitbull is in FW GP.

How many divs do you want to hold up and have no momentum in? They just tried WW/MW champ champ fight and it ended badly. Is this a fight that needs to happen?

Let these divs move on

Lima vs Amasov and Mousasi vs Tokov are the title fights to make at WW and MW. Ive never been a fan of the double champ bullshit because they tend to hold up the division, like is happening with Pitbull and Bader. Particularly Pitbull, because he is the LW champ but is also part of the FW tournament so there is no way he can defend the belt.

2 weeks out they might want to release some news here.

2 weeks out they might want to release some news here.

Should be a surprise card. a Royal Rumble style event.

Beef plant can standing in the cage, Music hits, Mauro's like OMG here comes Jack Swagger.

Lima vs Amasov and Mousasi vs Tokov are the title fights to make at WW and MW. Ive never been a fan of the double champ bullshit because they tend to hold up the division, like is happening with Pitbull and Bader. Particularly Pitbull, because he is the LW champ but is also part of the FW tournament so there is no way he can defend the belt.

HW title sat on shelf for 5 years
LHW hasnt been defended since Nov 2017
MW June 2019
WW Oct 2019
LW May 2019
FW Sept 2019
BW June 2019

LHW almost three years, MW, LW, BW all over a year since a defense, WW will end up being over a year if Lima fights at MW next.

I'd hate to be a Bellator contender cause there aint ever any title fights over there.

can bellator pull off the amount of new procedures and testing needed during covid?

HW title sat on shelf for 5 years
LHW hasnt been defended since Nov 2017
MW June 2019
WW Oct 2019
LW May 2019
FW Sept 2019
BW June 2019

LHW almost three years, MW, LW, BW all over a year since a defense, WW will end up being over a year if Lima fights at MW next.

I'd hate to be a Bellator contender cause there aint ever any title fights over there.
Yeah, its a shitshow with their champions, they rarely defend, especially the double champs.

Bellator and Showtime boxing already working together.

they are going to have a “bubble” at the Mohegan sun. A place showtime never visits until now with the cbs/Viacom merger. August 1st is their first boxing show. They are going to alternate and sometimes back to back at this venue in the coming weeks/months

Back