• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bellator MMA 126: Shlemenko vs Halsey 7:00PM ET Prelims/9PM ET MAIN CARD DISCUSSION

If his next fight isn't televised it'll be criminal. I can't decide how good he is or isn't yet, but he has showed a great deal of toughness.
I'd like to see both of them again. Hell, I'd watch a rematch. That was probably the best fight - at least from my seats.

2 days ago.
Exactly. The decisionator returned after a three year layoff to blow the doors off a tough opponent and score his first finish in nearly a decade. Sorry it wasn't two local dudes going to a decision.

I think dominant performances from great fighters are notable if they're not fighting terrible competition.

Mizugaki was a tune-up fight for Cruz. See my previous post.
Miz had been finished twice in thirty fights prior to getting molly whopped by the decisionator. It was an incredible performance no matter how hard you try to downplay it.

Exactly. The decisionator returned after a three year layoff to blow the doors off a tough opponent. Sorry it wasn't two local dudes going to a decision.
I'm sorry that you disagree with my assessment of the Cruz fight not being particularly interesting. The headline for that fight should be "Long time champ returns with easy win in tune-up fight over mediocre bantamweight."

The best fights of the weekend, for me, happened in the UFC. I liked Cerrone/Alvarez, McGregor/Poirier, Romero/Kennedy Right after those fights would probably have been Burley / Pina in Bellator and then back to Zingano Nunes. As mentioned Rossborough/Martinez was shaping up to be good before the injury.

[I did not get to watch the rest of the FS1 undercards or Fight Pass fights. I had other obligations.]

The Cruz fight has close to 700,000 views on youtube already. On nearly every MMA site on the internet, the Cruz fight is listed as one of the highlights and best moments.

Cruz's return was one of the highlights of the weekend for the most of the MMA fanbase, no doubt about it.

Miz had been finished twice in thirty fights prior to getting molly whopped by the decisionator. It was an incredible performance no matter how hard you try to downplay it.
I disagree. So there.

I think Cruz needs to send Joe Silva a nice fruit basket or maybe some brownies as thanks for getting a nice softball tuneup fight. ...maybe a gift-card and a thank-you bouquet.

There seems some doubt :)

For you maybe lol

It wasn't the fight itself that was spectacular, it was the storyline. To see a champion return after being out for 3 years and lay the fucking hammer down on a top 5 guy like Miz was amazing. Dom wasn't exactly known for his finishing prowess before the injury either, which made it even more awesome.

I mean shit, Takeya was crying after the fight. He got besmirched.

[YT]5C-TLu5kd84[/YT]

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/09/the-three-stars-of-ufc-178-johnson-vs-cariaso-in-las-vegas

First star...wait for it..

dom.jpg

It wasn't the fight itself that was spectacular, it was the storyline. To see a champion return after being out for 3 years and lay the fucking hammer down on a top 5 guy like Miz was amazing. Dom wasn't exactly known for his finishing prowess before the injury either, which made it even more awesome.
I agree with most of that. I'm not crazy.

I just don't believe Miz to be that good of a fighter. I'll be way more excited when Cruz beats someone good. This, for me, was like hearing about some pitcher returning from Tommy John's surgery and getting 10 strikeouts in his minor league rehab game.

Nobody's going to convince me Miz was a worthy opponent and not just a tune-up fight gift from Joe Silva.

You don't understand what you are talking about then. Its fine, you are wrong but so be it.

If I'm wrong for not finding a tune-up fight exciting, then I'll happily be wrong.
You just said you wouldn't be talked into not being wrong. If you think Takeya was a tune up after three years off. You just are not a good judge of talent. And that's fine, isn't a big deal.

You just said you wouldn't be talked into not being wrong. If you think Takeya was a tune up after three years off. You just are not a good judge of talent. And that's fine, isn't a big deal.
We simply disagree, and I can do it without disparaging other posters.

I'm glad you found it exciting. I didn't.

All the typing in the world isn't going to retroactively make me any more or less excited about Saturday night.

Back