Bellator is signing American wrestlers while the UFC is ...... not

Status
Not open for further replies.
the ufc doesn’t sign unproven guys unless they’re a casual draw (hardy, brick, toney, cm punk) or a Gracie

I’m not saying the ufc doesn’t employ boring fighters — but I don’t think they see such big value in these guys that they’ll sign them to a development deal like bellator does

Let them prove themselves like the aforementioned Cormier and Romero and I’m sure the ufc will re-evaluate their position

As for Ruth — he’s a special
Athlete but the performance against Jackson for me was Andy wangesque

He had a clear and easy path to victory but refused to go to it and made it a contentious decision while almost being stopped

I hear you but this is how some stars are born. Pride did it multiple times and created a few stars that way. The UFC could make almost anyone interesting if they pumped the promotion into them.

As far as Ruth's last fight, thats part of the growing pains. He'll learn n get better. Maybe. His fight IQ is def a bit lacking, not just based on this fight but the one vs Neiman as well.

I hear you but this is how some stars are born. Pride did it multiple times and created a few stars that way. The UFC could make almost anyone interesting if they pumped the promotion into them.

As far as Ruth's last fight, thats part of the growing pains. He'll learn n get better. Maybe. His fight IQ is def a bit lacking, not just based on this fight but the one vs Neiman as well.

The UFC doesn't promote fighters much, they promote their brand.

The UFC doesn't promote fighters much, they promote their brand.

Partially true — they give fighters the opportunities / venues needed for them to promote themselves

Look at the push / promo time askren got
Upon entry into the ufc

Then you have guys like Islam makachev and Leo santos

Well, if the UFC focuses on style over substance, then yes.

Really simple if you think about it.
Bellator is signing these guys when they are 0-0. That isn't substance lmao. Majority of them will fail in the sport, and the UFC will collect the successful ones. Pretty simple stuff

Partially true — they give fighters the opportunities / venues needed for them to promote themselves

Look at the push / promo time askren got
Upon entry into the ufc

Then you have guys like Islam makachev and Leo santos

I would say it's mostly true, the UFC doesn't really promote fighters, they want the fighters to promote themselves, if a fighter doesn't promote themselves the UFC doesn't do it.

I would say it's mostly true, the UFC doesn't really promote fighters, they want the fighters to promote themselves, if a fighter doesn't promote themselves the UFC doesn't do it.

of course the ufc promotes them. they just don't have a dramatic impact without the fans caring about the fighter, which comes from the fighter, through a combination of performance, personality (and looks).

I think the UFC is just tired of wrestlers just laying on top of guys for 15 minutes. The last fight with Emil Meke for example.
Then implement stalling calls for people in dominant postions or stalling in general. If you add a time limit stalling becomes a problem.

But the ufc has to provide them with the venue to do so

Some take it and run with it (Conor , Colby)

While others really can’t make a big name for themselves (Mighty Mouse , stipe)

Why would UFC waste money and resources to sign those guys when Belator is willingly doing the hard work, developing them from the ground up??

All UFC should do is to scoop them up once they are ripe.

Sooner or later that will bite you in the behind...Ultimately, laziness never pays.

Keep them in the closet along with Bellator

But the ufc has to provide them with the venue to do so

Some take it and run with it (Conor , Colby)

While others really can’t make a big name for themselves (Mighty Mouse , stipe)

Yeah, that's not the UFC promoting them, that's the UFC allowing them to promote themselves. The UFC doesn't really build stars, they mostly just sign them from other organizations after they are stars. I'm not saying they are wrong for doing so cause they are the biggest organization in MMA so that allows them to do that, i'm just saying how it is.

More like a lot of wrestlers are starting in lower leagues, early in their careers, and bellator is one of those leagues. If any of them pans out, the UFC will certainly swoop them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back