Bellator has better headline fights than UFC in 2017 so far?

A

AusMMAfan

UFC Line up:
UFC lineup.jpg

Bellator Line up:
Bellator Line Up.jpg

Personally, I would rather watch Sonnen, Fedor, Semtex, Meathead, Otiz then a bunch girls fights.

Can you imagine Mitrione or 2016 Ortiz headlining a card in the UFC?

Me neither.

Big names don't mean big fights. Especially these names...

Can you imagine Mitrione or 2016 Ortiz headlining a card in the UFC?

Me neither.
Yeah, I mean guy who got KTFO by Mitrione would never headline UFC card in 2016

lewisshamil.jpg

Matter of opinion,and in my opinion,your opinion sucks,and is straight up ridiculous.

Yeah, I mean guy who got KTFO by Mitrione would never headline UFC card in 2016

lewisshamil.jpg

That was like 3 years ago bro. Lewis is like 6-1 since that fight and that card we can all agree was a joke, colatteral damage for having a stacked card like 205.

Jan-Feb UFC is weak.

I have watched Bellator since it started,being psyched for a bunch of prelims on a card,and getting 0-0 fighters instead of the good prelims for years and years is pretty weak.For Bellator to have had two different prelim start times both on their front page of the website for 2 years and never actually starting on either except for a few occasions is weak.For Bellator to promise they will go back to the stream for postlims a bunch of times,and only did I think once and iirc it was like one or two of the 6 or 7 remaining fights,that's pretty weak,for Bellator to be soaking up all the people waaaaay past their prime just cause they have a name is pretty weak,Bellator feeding their "prospects" shit fighters so they look good consistently is weak.Having fucking Tito Ortiz (who I still appreciate,watched his entire career as it happened) vs Chael Sonnen is weak compared to pretty much any UFC headliner.Gracie vs Shamrock lol,Kimbo vs Shamrock?Scott Coker has made Bellator a bit of a joke.If you honestly think those headliners are better than the UFC headliners I think your fucking retarded,but again,just my opinion.

Fedor is my second favorite fighter of all time and I don't even want to see him fight.Mitrione is mediocre at best when it comes to top'ish guys.Ortiz vs Sonnen and I forgot the other one you listed,but jesus man,the headliner of the prelims on the UFC's are better.Not better ratings,but more interesting fights.

Mitrione/Fedor is interesting for the obvious reasons but Ortiz vs Sonnen does very little for me. I think best case scenario is that it ends up being so bad that we scramble for silver linings and say with a half-smile that it's so bad it's good but really we're all dying inside just a little bit.

Name value sure and ill watch the chael and fedor fights,that being said i expect them to be on par with the gracie shamrock fight

Fedor vs Meathead and Teedo vs Shale is definitely a step up from the Kimbo/Dada shitfest.

Rickels vs Derrow is complete garbage, even by Bellator's standards.

Mitrione/Fedor is interesting for the obvious reasons but Ortiz vs Sonnen does very little for me. I think best case scenario is that it ends up being so bad that we scramble for silver linings and say with a half-smile that it's so bad it's good but really we're all dying inside just a little bit.
I don't see why. Where does Fedor goes if he wins? Are they gonna pit him against the winner of Tito -Chael? Because Bellator HW are all much worse than Mitrione. Vitaly is gone and never coming back. 2017 Kongo is worse than Meathead. Tony Johnson is still a no-name prospect with a 10-2 record. Don't get me started on the other names, please.

What does a win does for Fedor's legacy and his mystique? Nada. It doesn't even put him in front of a better fight. Unless Tito/Chael is your definition of a better fight for a Legendary HW fighter.

Now, where does Fedor goes if he loses? Most likely retirement, with the shame of losing to Meathead on his last fight ever...

So tell me, what are the obvious reasons?

Last edited:
so no name bums and 2 dinosaurs fights is more interesting lol

I guess the mods won't have to force Bellator fight day threads into the Sherdog UFC forum next year

I am actually quite excited for Fedor V Meathead, I think that could be a fun fight!

Looking forward to Rory, but so far to me looks more interesting in the UFC.

Mitrione is a good fighter, you heartless barbarians. Never gets any love from the Dawg...

<{1-7}>

Keep doing your thing, Matt!

Back