Bellator fights far more accessible then UFC

where I live there is no UFC coverage anymore. I used to get TUF and all the PPV's but now nothing is shown. I do however get access to Belator (and it is shown on Fox). Last night's event was great!

Ok finding any channel on tv is not that complicated or any program on tv for that matter. If it's not on TV in your country it will be on fightpass.

Why would anybody pay 10$/month for inferior product, when you can watch better quality mma on free tv?

Zuffa n their strange business practices.

ufc seems to make a point to force people to pay to see them, either via ppv or via picking up channels they normally wouldnt (or maybe even buying cable packages they wouldn't) - but they do the fox deal at least - i think its just a misconception that being the most broadcast is always the best - you dnt necessarily keep a lot of profits in that case

I agree, last UFC was ridiculous. 2 fights on fight pass, prelims on fox sports 2, then main card on fox sports 1. very annoying

Why would anybody pay 10$/month for inferior product, when you can watch better quality mma on free tv?

Zuffa n their strange business practices.

What the hell are you talking about... If it's not on TV in country how can you watch it on TV.

UFC is not inferior to anything when it comes to MMA.

First, it was FOX and Fuel TV. The FOX Network, took the channels, Fuel TV and Speed, got changed to Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2.

The FOX Network changed the Fuel TV and Speed channels to Fox Sports 1 andFox Sports 2.

International cards are on Fight Pass. That is any fight card not in the North Amercian continent.

If the main card is on FOX, the prelims will be on FS1.

If the main card is on FS1, the prelims will also be on FS1.

* IF there is a game or race that goes over thier time slot, the UFC cards may be delayed or started on another channel.
FOX>FS1>FS2.

UFC Championship Fights will be on FOX at sometime in the future. The UFC PPV model is on its way out.

This an been the evolution of a partnership between FOX and the UFC. There as been no 'egregious marketing errors'. It may not have been the smoothest transition, and could be a little confusing at times, but this has been a huge success for the UFC and FOX.

I don't like what Fox is doing with production when it is compared to a PPV. But, the Fox deal with the UFC will bring MMA into the mainstream. I predict, by 2020, the UFC will be bigger than the NFL. The UFC will be international and the UFC will still be primarily an american sport.

Decent breakdown, but as much as I'm sure many would like it to be, the UFC isn't even close to the NFL, and there's really no reason to think that'll change any time soon

I agree I have to pay an extra $10 for some package to get FS1. So I pay ten bucks a month for the occasional Fight Night since I don't watch anything else on that station. Wow now that I think about it I should cancel that shit. My only problem with Spike is they don't show their shows live on the West Coast.

if only there was an online service which made everything available...

I can't even watch Bellator live so UFC wins out in that department, at least for me.

What the hell are you talking about... If it's not on TV in country how can you watch it on TV.

UFC is not inferior to anything when it comes to MMA.

What he probably means is why should he pay more money for an internet service on top of his tv provider fees, when other people in other countries get that product on free or cable tv?

The inferior comment is probably about said shows not being as good, on paper anyways, as a PPV.

You get these lower scale ufc shows free on fox sports, imagine having them taken away and being forced to pay for them on a stream which isn't always the best, and god awful depending on where you live (different internet speeds, options not all countires or aresa of counties have 4 G or whatever. I pay 60 bucks a months for "high speed" and cannot watch a youtube music video video with out it buffering 10 or 12 times during peek times, when the ufc is usually on. Why do I pay that? because our other option, dial up, is slower then the dial up we had when the internet first came about in the 90's) when other people in different places still get them for free.

The ufc wants to be world wide, but often don't do nearly enough to get it on tv in many places with big mma followings.

There's literally no way to watch them right now. Do people care that little about bellator? Not a single torrent is up still, just the prelims for some weird reason...

Right, but the casual fan has Spike that's part of their cable package. You have to pay for fight pass and no one is going to do that unless they are already into the sport.

...You don't need Fight Pass to watch the majority of events.

And people proclaiming that they're hardcore fans, yet are too confused to decipher when and where events are being telecast, would probably be better off entertaining themselves with colored building blocks.

There's literally no way to watch them right now. Do people care that little about bellator? Not a single torrent is up still, just the prelims for some weird reason...

Thats not so weird. The prelims were free on spike, and the main show was ppv. I'm guessing less people watched the ppv then the main, so less chance of someone getting and posting it up.

...You don't need Fight Pass to watch the majority of events.

And people proclaiming that they're hardcore fans, yet are too confused to decipher when and where events are being telecast, would probably be better off entertaining themselves with colored building blocks.

I don't know about majority, but if you're outside north america and the uk, you need fight pass for an awful lot of non-ppv shows. Fight nights, fox shows, tuf episodes.

In the past few years I think the UFC has made some egregious marketing errors. Think of all the places the UFC has been, fuel, fox sports 1, fox sports 2, fox, fx, fight pass, ppv. I can't keep up, and I'm more than the casual fan.

I know right now that i can flip to spike TV and find Bellator fights. It's simple, it's easy, and it's the platform that built the UFC. In my opinion, the UFC has made things far too complicated to get new fans interested.

Discuss.

All you have to do is get fight pass and you can watch every event. I have no problems with the way UFC is programming. I find it very easy to watch on the fox stations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back