Bellator fights far more accessible then UFC

Truebeliever

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
In the past few years I think the UFC has made some egregious marketing errors. Think of all the places the UFC has been, fuel, fox sports 1, fox sports 2, fox, fx, fight pass, ppv. I can't keep up, and I'm more than the casual fan.

I know right now that i can flip to spike TV and find Bellator fights. It's simple, it's easy, and it's the platform that built the UFC. In my opinion, the UFC has made things far too complicated to get new fans interested.

Discuss.

Yep. But keep in mind the UFC is in uncharted territory right now. It's trying to expand in a way that no MMA organisation has done before. It'll take a little time to sort itself out.

Also as someone who primarily watches fights via Fight Pass, I haven't really had that problem.

Sure, but the UFC gets paid a lot more money than Bellator to have their fights on those channels.

my radio affiliate assumes that dana white is vince macmahon...many dont disagree

espn 1250

I have the same issue with college football. It's just on too many channels. I think that is really hurting the sport too.

In the past few years I think the UFC has made some egregious marketing errors. Think of all the places the UFC has been, fuel, fox sports 1, fox sports 2, fox, fx, fight pass, ppv. I can't keep up, and I'm more than the casual fan.

I know right now that i can flip to spike TV and find Bellator fights. It's simple, it's easy, and it's the platform that built the UFC. In my opinion, the UFC has made things far too complicated to get new fans interested.

Discuss.
Rightnow you can flip to Spike and probably find Cops, Ink Masters, or Bar rescue.

Finding FS1 is not that complicated. You can't just tune in Friday at 10, you actually have to know when fights are on that is the only part that should be difficult.

Yep. But keep in mind the UFC is in uncharted territory right now. It's trying to expand in a way that no MMA organisation has done before. It'll take a little time to sort itself out.

Also as someone who primarily watches fights via Fight Pass, I haven't really had that problem.

Right, but the casual fan has Spike that's part of their cable package. You have to pay for fight pass and no one is going to do that unless they are already into the sport.

It is if you aren't American.

Ok finding any channel on tv is not that complicated or any program on tv for that matter. If it's not on TV in your country it will be on fightpass.

I disagree. My tv service showed Bellator was supposed to be showing on Spike, except it wasn't showing. Instead, Cops was showing. Needless to say I wasn't happy.

Rightnow you can flip to Spike and probably find Cops, Ink Masters, or Bar rescue.

Finding FS1 is not that complicated. You can't just tune in Friday at 10, you actually have to know when fights are on that is the only part that should be difficult.

It was better before when they had 1000 Ways to Die.

They need some better shows. I HATE that fat fucker from Bar Rescue. Never saw Ink Masters.

In my area you have to order a sports package ontop of your basic cable to get fs1 and besides the UFC material I have no interest in the other shows on FS1.

It was better before when they had 1000 Ways to Die.

They need some better shows. I HATE that fat fucker from Bar Rescue. Never saw Ink Masters.

Your kidding? Bar Rescue is way better than 1000 ways to die.

Havent all this stuff hurt wwe the network deals and paid sub service

NO WORRIES THOUGH vince mchman JR JUST COPIES EVERYTHING WWE DOES ANYWAY so dana is just waiting to see what wwe next move to plan accordingly

Discuss.

First, it was FOX and Fuel TV. The FOX Network, took the channels, Fuel TV and Speed, got changed to Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2.

The FOX Network changed the Fuel TV and Speed channels to Fox Sports 1 andFox Sports 2.

International cards are on Fight Pass. That is any fight card not in the North Amercian continent.

If the main card is on FOX, the prelims will be on FS1.

If the main card is on FS1, the prelims will also be on FS1.

* IF there is a game or race that goes over thier time slot, the UFC cards may be delayed or started on another channel.
FOX>FS1>FS2.

UFC Championship Fights will be on FOX at sometime in the future. The UFC PPV model is on its way out.

This an been the evolution of a partnership between FOX and the UFC. There as been no 'egregious marketing errors'. It may not have been the smoothest transition, and could be a little confusing at times, but this has been a huge success for the UFC and FOX.

I don't like what Fox is doing with production when it is compared to a PPV. But, the Fox deal with the UFC will bring MMA into the mainstream. I predict, by 2020, the UFC will be bigger than the NFL. The UFC will be international and the UFC will still be primarily an american sport.

I would love to see a legitimate competitor for the UFC. Someone that can offer fighters competitive salaries and opportunities. I used to want all the fighters under one umbrella because I wanted to see the best fights but I have to admit that the fighters and the sport suffer when the fighters have a poor bargaining position.

In Canada, even the lowest cable package will get you access to TUF, UFN, etc. Bellator cannot be found on basic cable. Therefore, UFC is far more accessible in Canada than Bellator.

In Canada, even the lowest cable package will get you access to TUF, UFN, etc. Bellator cannot be found on basic cable. Therefore, UFC is far more accessible in Canada than Bellator.

Not true. It's the same thing. Any non main Fox cards are put on Sportsnet 360 or 1 which you need to buy the sports package for. The sports package is garbage so I'm not gonna buy a whole sports package just too watch UFC.

Back