News Bellator Dublin - Feb 25th - Moose Vs Vanderford

And that would be warranted. Saucy is shot at this point he looked horrible against Salter until the end of round 2 when he hurt him bad with GNP. Hope he wins but Im prob laying down some on Austin. Saucy is as ancient as damn near any active fighter ATM short of like the Fedors and Arlovskis. He's been fighting since 03 and has over 60 MMA fighter and a bunch of boxing/kickboxing bouts too
IDK Man, I wouldnt call Mousasi shot. He is a bit past his prime but is definitely still a problem for most. He is too old to fix the glaring hole in his game, though. And Vanderford will pose the same problems King Mo, Jacare, and Lovato did. Grapplers will always give him problems, and strikers are in a world of trouble.

Garbage matchmaking for Queally. Disappointing.
I understand trying to give Queally a winnable fight but Mousah will probably turn this into a boring fight. Also, how do you go from a title shot to fighting Mousah?

Last edited:
Mousah can turn any fight into a boring fight.
It's not necessarily about Mousah himself to me as much as it is the fact they matched Queally up with an unranked fighter coming off of a loss. Obviously they think the hometown guy can win but that's the wrong mentality to have.

It's honestly not that hard Bellator: Guys in the rankings coming off losses should fight guys that are unranked that have put together a few wins. If it had to be a Euro guy Soren Bak or Tim Wilde would have been much better.

It's not necessarily about Mousah himself to me as much as it is the fact they matched Queally up with an unranked fighter coming off of a loss. Obviously they think the hometown guy can win but that's the wrong mentality to have.

It's honestly not that hard Bellator: Guys in the rankings coming off losses should fight guys that are unranked that have put together a few wins. If it had to be a Euro guy Soren Bak or Tim Wilde would have been much better.
I guess they are trying to give Queally a winnable fight. IDK, this match up feels like they are trying to cash in on the previous success in Dublin. However, these match ups feel weak, tbh.

I guess they are trying to give Queally a winnable fight. IDK, this match up feels like they are trying to cash in on the previous success in Dublin. However, these match ups feel weak, tbh.

They put Mousah on because the Italian intern got confused when someone told him to book Mousasi.

Eblen v Salter/ Tokov ( if he can do Ireland) would be a sweet co main-

Depressing - The first time an announced mousasi fight didnt hold top page caption for 48 hours on junkie.

At this point, as a huge saucy supporter, I'd rather him see him explore a legitimate boxing payday. Every 185 fight will be a lose lose for Gegard which isnt fair but it is what it is.

* dont know if Tokov has a booking yet - dont think so as he has fought fairly recently

Agreed, they're trying to give Queally a winnable fight but the guy is a 20 fight veteran coming off a title fight. He doesn't need a winnable fight. The promotion needs exciting fights between either ranked opponents or ranked vs unranked w/ upwards momentum. Instead they reward the guy who's coming off a loss with a top 5 opponent.

And that would be warranted. Saucy is shot at this point he looked horrible against Salter until the end of round 2 when he hurt him bad with GNP. Hope he wins but Im prob laying down some on Austin. Saucy is as ancient as damn near any active fighter ATM short of like the Fedors and Arlovskis. He's been fighting since 03 and has over 60 MMA fighter and a bunch of boxing/kickboxing bouts too
I dont understand what you people are watching ????
Mousasi just absolutely toyed with a wrestling based guy who just tried to glue himself to gegards legs/ knees. Did u not see the end of the first round ? Salter couldnt handle mousasi's knees in the clinch and Gegards back was to the wall ?

I didnt even have to watch the rest of the fight .

Shot ?
Ok ?
Complacency kills the cat and that could happen to moose at anytime given the division hes fighting in. Shot ? hasnt happened.
Hes only 11-1 in his last 12 ..... and the "1" not really agsinst Rachel Lovato.

Mads should be above fighting Carvalho imo. I would say Mads Vs Kennedy makes more sense.
Mads vs Borics is the fight to make IMO, but these two called each other out since last event. So, maybe Bellator will make it happen.

Agreed, they're trying to give Queally a winnable fight but the guy is a 20 fight veteran coming off a title fight. He doesn't need a winnable fight. The promotion needs exciting fights between either ranked opponents or ranked vs unranked w/ upwards momentum. Instead they reward the guy who's coming off a loss with a top 5 opponent.
Bellator makes strange matchmaking sometimes, I have to assume it makes sense financially. Otherwise, this fight is pointless.

I dont understand what you people are watching ????
Mousasi just absolutely toyed with a wrestling based guy who just tried to glue himself to gegards legs/ knees. Did u not see the end of the first round ? Salter couldnt handle mousasi's knees in the clinch and Gegards back was to the wall ?

I didnt even have to watch the rest of the fight .

Shot ?
Ok ?
Complacency kills the cat and that could happen to moose at anytime given the division hes fighting in. Shot ? hasnt happened.
Hes only 11-1 in his last 12 ..... and the "1" not really agsinst Rachel Lovato.

Definitely not shot, but I do think he's lost a step. I don't think that will matter too much against Vanderford unless his cardio lets him down though.

Bellator makes strange matchmaking sometimes, I have to assume it makes sense financially. Otherwise, this fight is pointless.
It's a gimmie fight so Queally can win infront off the home crowd. The last card had all the Irish fighters lose on the main card.

Eblen v Salter/ Tokov ( if he can do Ireland) would be a sweet co main-

Depressing - The first time an announced mousasi fight didnt hold top page caption for 48 hours on junkie.

At this point, as a huge saucy supporter, I'd rather him see him explore a legitimate boxing payday. Every 185 fight will be a lose lose for Gegard which isnt fair but it is what it is.

* dont know if Tokov has a booking yet - dont think so as he has fought fairly recently
I am sure Tokov mentioned after the last fight broken foot but I can't remeber he broke it during the fight or during the training camp.

Back