PBP Bellator Champions Series: San Diego: Nurmagomedov vs. Shabliy ***Sherdog Discussion*** 9/7 8PM ET (MAX)

They are "victims" of their own system, Tapology doesnt list him as champion, only as "tournament winner", Ferreira vs Bader wasnt for the Bellator belt apparently, Ngannou vs Ferreira fight shows they are fighting for a vacant title, which is weird.

Yeah, Ferreira is no walk in the park for anyone.

Yeah The Super Fights belt, lol
I guess it’s like BMF

Can yall go to the war room with this horse shit?

It was reported that it was for a prescription medication and not steroids. Hence him not being stripped.

I think it's time to card you, bruh. It's all good. You'll be fine.
You keep talking about these cards. You do whatever is in your heart.

I'm not blaming him. A win is a win. Just tired of how people approach a lot of these team eagle guys, but again, a lot of that is because of the threat that guys like usman presents everywhere.

I understand the situation, I just don't find it entertaining. Fortunately there's other fighters and other fights for fans like me to enjoy lol. Just a little bummed that I stayed awake for that one.
It was a high level fight and for 3 rounds I was quite interested in the chess match.

Unfortunatley Shabily thought he had 15 rounds instead of 5.

You get a pass ledork. Stop fighter bashing. No one wants to card anyone, butthead.
I don't agree it's fighter bashing to question Usmans suspension. Andrades genitalia obviously is but i deleted it.

I enjoy @ledonk's posting but as a Mod I would have banished him underneath the lightweights forum for 80 years, for his unwarranted interference in our smooth running operation

Usman is how I imagine gollum fights. He's a shifty, quick little monster gripping his precious at the end there. Bless him. Good fight, Shabs was a stiff test and Usman made it look easy.

I thought Shabliy had the better shots but did not do enough to win and Usman was always getting little tabs a half shots which added up. I don't know, is Usman that good on the ground?... yeah the stats are crazy one sided, Shabliy could of won that it seems but just waited
If he could have won why didn't he ? You're saying he should have taken more risks but more risks come with more opportunity for Usman to capitalise and counter him, and clearly he wasn't comfortable doing so with what he was feeling in the cage.

Just noticed Aj Mckee is booked to fight Paul Hughes... So why were they trying to set up a fight between Usman and him lol

What even happens when you get carded? Obviously not a question for you, but in general.
Now that i have drawn the attention of the coppers i may be able to tell you what it means next weekend.

If he could have won why didn't he ? You're saying he should have taken more risks but more risks come with more opportunity for Usman to capitalise and counter him, and clearly he wasn't comfortable doing so with what he was feeling in the cage.
Its true but he looked shockingly violent when he would throw and I thought he was connecting on some shots that even made his corner tell Usman to relax. I guess Shabliy felt something like you said or the take down threat is too much. Also, I think Usman figured out the counter in the later rounds but its still hard to figure out what was hurting Shabliy so much to be so tentative. Both guys are top 5 in the world and I think the fight was decent.

Back