Bellator best card peaked below 200k

Human Bass

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Man, they got it rough. The average viewership was a depressing 85k, the peak 177k.

While one of the worst ufc cards on paper (it was actually quite fun) had an average of 800k, peaking around 950k.

And that's why they dream of co-promotion lol

ESPN is the sports channel. Showtime had boxing and thats it. Bellator will always do relatively low numbers.

That's not good for what was being called the most important fight in Bellator history.

They need the perfect storm. It's hard to find a fanbase when you're not the UFC.

As long as they continue finding up and comers like McKee, making good matchups, and staying consistent, it helps. But they will probably need a guy like a McGregor, someone who can hype fights, stay in the news, and who has international appeal. And that guy will have to win. Would be better if they had a few guys like that.

MVP almost broke through some years back. That Pokeball thing he did was all over social media, as well as the knee that ended that fight. For whatever reason, even when they get some pop they can't reach the fan base.

Showtime is a premium channel, shouldn't expect big numbers there. They should have the rematch on CBS.
This will go a long way in helping their cause too. Strikeforce had a decent fanbase, and CBS helped that quite a bit.

I don’t think that’s taking into account the numbers they got streaming it on YouTube. I watched the entire event that way and remember seeing it have over 200,000 live viewers IIRC.

As sad as this is, Bellators other events only get a fraction of this.

Bellator is deadweight. Combate is the future.

strikeforce used to average 600k viewers and 800k peak on showtime for their biggest cards and coker couldnt even stay in business with that.

Campbell Mclaren and combate is the only one who can turn this shit show around.

As sad as this is, Bellators other events only get a fraction of this.

Bellator is deadweight. Combate is the future.
Combate has certainly found their audience. Catering to the Latin American audience, which has a long history of fight fans, was brilliant. Seems like a no brainer now, but there was no way if knowing it would have worked so well for them. Bellator was once a "Latin American" league, and I'm unsure they were able to put up the numbers Combate has. Perfect storm. Right audience at the right time.

The youtube viewership at one point was over a million viewers.

That's pretty significant for a streamed event.

Combate has certainly found their audience. Catering to the Latin American audience, which has a long history of fight fans, was brilliant. Seems like a no brainer now, but there was no way if knowing it would have worked so well for them. Bellator was once a "Latin American" league, and I'm unsure they were able to put up the numbers Combate has. Perfect storm. Right audience at the right time.

Campbell Mclaren did what Bjorn Rebney dreamed of doing. Meanwhile Scott coker cant tell his asshole from a hole in the ground.

strikeforce used to average 600k viewers and 800k peak on showtime for their biggest cards and coker couldnt even stay in business with that.

Campbell Mclaren and combate is the only one who can turn this shit show around.
I think Viacom would be thrilled if Bellator was getting the numbers that Strikeforce used to get. Strikeforce didn't have the benefit of being owned by Viacom either. Viacom has trudged along with Bellator for quite a while now, trying it's best to give it some life. If they were able to pull Strikeforce numbers on Showtime, I think they'd being overjoyed.

That is pretty good. Does anyone know how they make money off of that though? A quick google search shows you make like .18 center per view.

Campbell Mclaren did what Bjorn Rebney dreamed of doing. Meanwhile Scott coker cant tell his asshole from a hole in the ground.
It's always been a slow process with Coker though. He isn't the best promoter.

Where did you get that number from? The main card It peaked around 300k view on youtube canada. Not even close to a million.
E74S79AXEAEVR0Q

UFC has done a very good job of convincing the masses they have all the best fighters in the world, even when that very clearly isn't the case

Man, they got it rough. The average viewership was a depressing 85k, the peak 177k.

That has to be solely from Showtime viewership on SHO 1 in the States. The official card stream for Canadian viewers that I was watching on YouTube had far more views than that on fight night.

UFC has done a very good job of convincing the masses they have all the best fighters in the world, even when that very clearly isn't the case

I'm not sure it really matters. Connor is the most popular MMA fighter and has been for a while and it's clear that he's not the best.

This card did well. This number is only CABLE viewers on Showtime in the US. Doesn’t include streaming. Don’t listen to the Anti-Bellator brigade.

Back