News Bellator 287 OCT.29th Milan Adam Piccolotti vs. Mansour Barnaoui

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Mansour Barnaoui (19-4 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) will make his promotional debut against Adam Piccolotti (13-4 MMA, 9-4 BMMA) in a lightweight main event at Bellator 287, the promotion announced Wednesday. The full current lineup for the event, featuring 12 fights, was released, as well.

The Bellator 287 main card also includes a middleweight co-main event between Fabian Edwards (10-2 MMA, 6-2 BMMA) and Charlie Ward (10-4 MMA, 7-1 BMMA), Saul Rogers(15-4 MMA, 3-2 BMMA) vs. Tim Wilde (14-4-1 MMA, 2-1-1 BMMA) at lightweight, and Justin Gonzales (13-1 MMA, 2-1 BMMA) vs. Andrew Fisher (19-8-1 MMA, 2-2 BMMA) at featherweight.

MAIN CARD (Showtime, 3 p.m. ET)

• Adam Piccolotti vs. Mansour Barnaoui
  • Fabian Edwards vs. Charlie Ward
  • Saul Rogers vs. Tim Wilde
  • Andrew Fisher vs. Justin Gonzales
PRELIMINARY CARD (MMA Junkie, 11:30 a.m. ET)

Very underwhelming. Especially if the main event isn’t 5 rounds. Main card is all fucked up. Saul Rogers is a bum and his own family doesn’t even get excited to see him fight. Move Van Steenis to the main and Scatizzi vs Gallon should open the main card. This shit is not that hard.

I wasn’t expecting mansour to be in the main event

Very underwhelming. Especially if the main event isn’t 5 rounds. Main card is all fucked up. Saul Rogers is a bum and his own family doesn’t even get excited to see him fight. Move Van Steenis to the main and Scatizzi vs Gallon should open the main card. This shit is not that hard.
It’s a Bellator main event in 2022, it’s 5 rounds so I guess it’s a positive since we get more Mansour. Good stylistic matchup as well

Fabian going from fighting Machida to Charlie Ward, lmao.

It's also pretty tragic how Charlie has such a solid Bellator record (7-1) by virtue of can crushing. Decisions to protect guys like that just boggle my mind. I understand the Conor connection, but shit, you're keeping a roster spot for a dogshit fighter.

Fabian going from fighting Machida to Charlie Ward, lmao.

It's also pretty tragic how Charlie has such a solid Bellator record (7-1) by virtue of can crushing. Decisions to protect guys like that just boggle my mind. I understand the Conor connection, but shit, you're keeping a roster spot for a dogshit fighter.
This is why Bellator records are virtually meaningless. 10-12 TKO W mean nothing when all you do is can crush.

Happy for picolotti getting a main event. He’s a really nice guy

Too many filler shows for an org doing so few shows as it is.
This has a "filler show" vibe. Very Bellator Hawaii the first day kind of. The entire main card has a featured prelim vibe, and that main event feels very co-main at most.

Not having an event October 22 after ufc 280 seems extremely dumb to me. Piggyback off the huge event to get people looking for mma after a day card

Not having an event October 22 after ufc 280 seems extremely dumb to me. Piggyback off the huge event to get people looking for mma after a day card
They are hitting the September 23 week with UFC off and the November 18 week with the UFC off and Khabib's nephew fighting for the title so it will be a big draw for casuals.

I wonder what the PFL numbers are for last weeks card before the UFC ppv, to see if people just had enough MMA or actually tuned in

I guess for a casual if you just see 11-3 without looking at who the dude has fought he looks like a decent opponent.
I’m surprised that Bellator is giving Alsina a chance…. Decent South American kickboxer not a good mma fighter at all

I’m surprised that Bellator is giving Alsina a chance…. Decent South American kickboxer not a good mma fighter at all

I imagine it's a one fight deal and he's being brought it to lose tbh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monsterbomb
Back