PBP Bellator 271: Cyborg vs. Kavanagh, Fri. 11/12, 7 PM ET/4 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
83243-2566396.png

My post about Cyborg's walkout music got deleted by mods lol. I said nothing untrue, though.

Good event all together. Only Loureda and Sorensen bouts were boring

That might have been the worst fight IQ i've ever seen. Fun fight regardless. Vassell 29-28
Only eclipsed by that dude who took O’Malley down when O’Malley broke his ankle and couldn’t even stand up.

People talk shit about the mismatches Cyborg gets in Bellator. Who the fuck is there for her fight really? JESUS I have worlds of respect for any female with the heart to get in there and fight her. This female was like a 30-1 underdog, and I'm pretty sure she knew it was going to end badly for her. Regardless of her less-than-stellar record, you can't deny she's a damn warrior. And I'm also pretty sure Bellator didn't pay her much money. Imagine being a female fighter and getting offered like $1k or $2k to fight Cyborg?

FUCK
NO

And please don't be sarcastic, her opponent is on a 2-fights winning streak, which is twice as impressive as a one fight winning streak.
I'm worried for Sinead, bros, I don't know if she will get up from this terrible losing streak. This marvelous winning streak seems so far away

Overall thoughts.

- Cyborg looked fine, but that went exactly how it should have gone. If they can't get Kayla I guess it's the ghost of Cat Zingano next.

- The Fortune fight was hilarious, I wish Trent wasn't banned so he could explain why his boy got outwrestled by an Englishman.

- Pico looked really good, didn't get the finish but was looking for it and J-Train is a legit opponent. Justin needs a plan B for when he can't win the wrestling but he'll win it against most people.

- I can't stand Arlene Blencome or Pam Sorensen fights so I kinda flicked through that one on triple speed.

- Mowry did what I would expect him to do against a journeyman like Rakim. Either put him against decent competition or don't bother, he's 10-0 and 29 years old now it's time to find out whether he's elite or not.

- Ellen and Yanez was okay, Ellen did well and she should really be at 115 imo.

- Faraldo did what he was supposed to do but did it in spectacular fashion. Needs a step up in comp, I don't think the Jason Jackson fight will get made, but something like Mark Lemminger would be a sensible step imo.

- Law likewise needs a step up in comp, clearly talented and needs testing.

- The less said about Loureda the better.

- Good performance from Waldo against an experienced guy, won comfortably, hopefully Bellator keep him around.

- Sebie was just an embarrassment, the moment he faced adversity he completely folded. I'm not sure this sport is for him. Good for Hughes to take advantage of it.

Gareth A Davies on fine form as usual last night.

I’m about 6 fights deep and this is actually a half decent event Bellasnore have put on so far. Surprised.

Ellen is fastly becoming one of my favourite fighters

[<cena1}.

Last edited:
- The Fortune fight was hilarious, I wish Trent wasn't banned so he could explain why his boy got outwrestled by an Englishman.

I still can't get over how hilarious that scrap was.

<{cruzshake}>

People talk shit about the mismatches Cyborg gets in Bellator. Who the fuck is there for her fight really? JESUS I have worlds of respect for any female with the heart to get in there and fight her. This female was like a 30-1 underdog, and I'm pretty sure she knew it was going to end badly for her. Regardless of her less-than-stellar record, you can't deny she's a damn warrior. And I'm also pretty sure Bellator didn't pay her much money. Imagine being a female fighter and getting offered like $1k or $2k to fight Cyborg?

FUCK
NO
Where did you get the idea that she didn't get much money? We have data that shows us title challengers in Bellator get a significant bump in pay just like the UFC. Genuinely curious if you aren't just talking out of your ass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back