PBP Bellator 271: Cyborg vs. Kavanagh, Fri. 11/12, 7 PM ET/4 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Where did you get the idea that she didn't get much money? We have data that shows us title challengers in Bellator get a significant bump in pay just like the UFC. Genuinely curious if you aren't just talking out of your ass.

She's an unknown fighter, so they pay more, but even if Bellator paid her $5k, which is a decent chunk of money. $5k to get your ass beat by Cyborg doesn't seem like a great deal to me.

She's an unknown fighter, so they pay more, but even if Bellator paid her $5k, which is a decent chunk of money. $5k to get your ass beat by Cyborg doesn't seem like a great deal to me.

She'll have got more than that, challengers usually get at least $50k

She definitely gets more then that. I don't want this to come across as gate keeping but I am pretty familiar with how Bellator's contracts work, at least more so then the average fan and I can virtually guarantee she hasn't been making $5k in any but maybe her first couple Bellator fights. I would estimate she got $75k for this fight as opposed to 25-50 typically. That could be show/win but it could also be flat. Bellator is a lot more inclined to pay a flat rate then the UFC is. I'd guess 30-40k flat or 25/25ish would be her typical non title shot pay. Not including any sponsors.

atleast she came to throw shots, she just isnt good enough.

Kayla is the only fight for Borg that is interesting. Nunes has nobody at FW but she can get fights at BW.

FW is just awful and it doesnt help that the 3 best women fight in different orgs. its the one div that really needs to be one org with everyone in it to even have a somewhat decent div.
Julia Budd is not bad either. She just joined PFL.

Back