Platinum Member
Reaction score
2303.png

https://www.bestfightodds.com/events/bellator-267-2303

https://www.sherdog.com/events/Bellator-267-Lima-vs-MVP-2-90051

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellator_267

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/81426-bellator-london-lima-vs-mvp-2

https://www.bellator.com/event/281

Gotta play Lima at pickem... Only thing that possibly worries me is the fight being in England for maybe an MVP hometown decision in a close fight. Lima's past 2 losses to Amasov and Moose don't hold any weight in this fight. Completely different styles than MVP whom Lima already beat

Gotta play Lima at pickem... Only thing that possibly worries me is the fight being in England for maybe an MVP hometown decision in a close fight. Lima's past 2 losses to Amasov and Moose don't hold any weight in this fight. Completely different styles than MVP whom Lima already beat
Like, I saw the line and... What am I missing, what's the catch?!

There has to be a dog or 2 on some of these wide ass odds lol

There has to be a dog or 2 on some of these wide ass odds lol
always is, problem is how do you know unless you tape every single on of these shit shows and I dont always have the time.

Im looking into Rose, odds dropped a bit already.

Like, I saw the line and... What am I missing, what's the catch?!
Only thing I can think of is MVP hometown and recency bias (MVP 5 wins since Lima fight and Lima past 2 losses but don't hold any weight in this matchup). Lima won last time against MVP as a -300 favorite. Line doesn't make any sense

what u like?

Confident picks:
Khurshed Kakhorov

Fabacary Diatta
Kane Mousah
Lewis Long
Luke Trainer

-----
toss up 50/50 picks:
MVP

---------------
Dog picks that i'll cap tomorrow who have a decent shot:
Andrew Fisher
Yves Landu
Nathan Jones

Skipping wmma, one fight has two rookies and the main event wmma has the favorite at -600 so i wont play those odds.

I think MVP is going to win... but I may be bias as he use to be my gym's kickboxing coach

Lima has looked like shit since his first fight with MVP.

And MVP was winning every single stand up exchange in that fight, I guess Lima won round 1 by sitting in full guard doing nothing.

I think in a 3 round fight, MVP wins. And I strongly dislike him. I've bet against him so many times.

Screenshot_20210929-233925_MaximBet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What do people like about Jones against Jack Grant out of interest? Most of his wins are by sub and it's hard to imagine him subbing Jack Grant.

Not much considering he's a +400 dog lol.

I've just seen a couple of people mentioning having a punt on him that's all. I can't see much of a path to victory for him so I was interested in why.

What do people like about Jones against Jack Grant out of interest? Most of his wins are by sub and it's hard to imagine him subbing Jack Grant.
Jack Grant doesn't pose a knockout threat to Jones who is a scrappy fighter who has only one ko loss in his career. Jack's biggest threat is his bjj, but he is facing another fighter with decent bjj and a black belt in judo . If you compare skill sets it looks like this .

Striking: even
Resume of win quality: even
Bjj:near even
Takedowns: Jones
Wrestling top Ctrl: near even
Clinch Ctrl: Jones

Neither guy will pose a ko threat, this will be a test of grappling, and I'll side with the guy who has the extra advantage in the clinch and takedown who is valued at 400+

It's not a confident pick but a sacrificial bet or punt bet as someone put it. There isn't much upside to Jack at -500

The path to victory for Jones is a wall and stall or takedown scoring and landing a few significant strikes to a decision. He had a solid win against Dohadza who was 16-0 at the time. Jones is the perfect upset fighter.

Last edited:
Lima has looked like shit since his first fight with MVP.

And MVP was winning every single stand up exchange in that fight, I guess Lima won round 1 by sitting in full guard doing nothing.

I think in a 3 round fight, MVP wins. And I strongly dislike him. I've bet against him so many times.

View attachment 882417
See, I think it being 3 rounds bodes well for Lima for a couple of reasons. He won't have to worry too much about pacing himself like he had for his fights since the past 3-4 years or so (remember that even the third Koreshkov fight was a 5 rounder due to it being in the tournament), and he could get away with grinding Page if need be due to it being a shorter fight. He'll pretty much just need one takedown in two rounds to seal them unless MVP has somehow improved his lackluster grappling.

Ross Houston also showed that yes, Page can still be a liability in an ugly fight, and he's nowhere near Lima's level.

See, I think it being 3 rounds bodes well for Lima for a couple of reasons. He won't have to worry too much about pacing himself like he had for his fights since the past 3-4 years or so (remember that even the third Koreshkov fight was a 5 rounder due to it being in the tournament), and he could get away with grinding Page if need be due to it being a shorter fight. He'll pretty much just need one takedown in two rounds to seal them unless MVP has somehow improved his lackluster grappling.

Ross Houston also showed that yes, Page can still be a liability in an ugly fight, and he's nowhere near Lima's level.

I think that they both have great cardio, so what worries me about a 5 round fight against Lima is his leg kicks adding up on MVP and hindering his movement.

I think it's a coin flip fight, as MVP definitely rocked him in their first fight and his style made Lima a bit hesitant. But like you mentioned, if it looked like Lima's second fight with Rory, and he simply wrestles him for 3 rounds, I wouldn't be shocked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back