Bellator 265 Aug.20th

The card has also confirmed top featherweights No. 3 Adam Borics (17-1) and No. 4 Jay-Jay Wilson (8-0) will meet for the right to face the winner of the BELLATOR Featherweight World Grand Prix Final between Patricio “Pitbull” (32-4) and AJ McKee (17-0), which takes place on Saturday, July 31.
Oh wow if Jay Jay wins he would get the shot at 9-0 .. would be pretty crazy to see him rise to the top like that

Booking a fight that makes sense and announcing it well in advance?

Whoever decided to do that needs to get themselves to Mr Coker's office NOW.

Wow… I did not Thought about it… Christ, fast tracked to the title… he has been demolishing everyone
This fight is pure Bellator scouting paying off. Two young prospects who made their careers in the company. This is probably being made as an example to other young prospects to sign with the promotion.

Jay Jay vs Borics is not the fight I would have made but its an awesome match up. The fact that they are calling it #1 contender match is pretty cool. This isnt something they do very often.

Jay Jay is an exciting fighter, Borics is solid, could be a great fun fight

Wow… I did not Thought about it… Christ, fast tracked to the title… he has been demolishing everyone
I wouldn't say fast tracked, dude is 7-0 in bellator, he's more than paid his dues and done what Pico failed to do as a prospect (stay undefeated) . Jay Jay is the future of bellator n eventually will be in the ufc. the drive behind this man is second to none, he'll submit Adam similar to Caldwell finish over Borics. And if you know Jay Jays story, you know the man is as tough as they come. Leshgooo Maori Kid, New Zealands behind ya

This fight is pure Bellator scouting paying off. Two young prospects who made their careers in the company. This is probably being made as an example to other young prospects to sign with the promotion.
Yeah although there are many issues with bellator, they do a good job finding prospects, Amosov looks like he could he a potential GOAT and lets not forget bellator gave us Chandler.

I wouldn't say fast tracked, dude is 7-0 in bellator, he's more than paid his dues and done what Pico failed to do as a prospect (stay undefeated) . Jay Jay is the future of bellator n eventually will be in the ufc. the drive behind this man is second to none, he'll submit Adam similar to Caldwell finish over Borics. And if you know Jay Jays story, you know the man is as tough as they come. Leshgooo Maori Kid, New Zealands behind ya
Has anyone who made it in Bellator ever crossed over to UFC? Chandler is the only recent one and that was after how many years and he wasn't champ anymore. And way back in the day Will Brooks and Eddie

Has anyone who made it in Bellator ever crossed over to UFC? Chandler is the only recent one and that was after how many years and he wasn't champ anymore. And way back in the day Will Brooks and Eddie
yup guys like Derrick Lewis couldn't get a win in bellator but look what he's doing now.

Also guys like Augusto Sakai (4-1 bellator record) Blagoi Ivanov (6-1 bellator record) and Alexander Volkov went 6-3 in bellator, all 4 of these guys are ranked at heavyweight, I haven't bothered to look at any other divisions as this should answer you question pretty well :)

Logan Storley is fighting? Something must be wrong. If Storley is fighting then...who knows...will Davis fight? Now that would be something.

Who would he fight? It has to be Gracie right? It would either be Gracie or Page and I couldn't see Bellator ever doing that. Jackson and Lima technically are possibly but it's really close so I doubt it.

Logan Storley is fighting? Something must be wrong. If Storley is fighting then...who knows...will Davis fight? Now that would be something.

Who would he fight? It has to be Gracie right? It would either be Gracie or Page and I couldn't see Bellator ever doing that. Jackson and Lima technically are possibly but it's really close so I doubt it.
Well, Bellator may put him up against some bum as a rebound.

The kid is a stud… what I meant is that only has 8 fights, compared to aj mckee 17…for example

The kid is a stud… what I meant is that only has 8 fights, compared to aj mckee 17…for example
The division is not that deep right now though, particularly after the Grand Prix but in general, the Burnell fight is a chance to develop it more and give time for guys like Gonzales and Pico to keep moving up. When everyone is in their respective positions, then it'll be more interesting. Plus with guys like Law and maybe Brennan further down the line. This fight makes a lot of sense right now.

The division is not that deep right now though, particularly after the Grand Prix but in general, the Burnell fight is a chance to develop it more and give time for guys like Gonzales and Pico to keep moving up. When everyone is in their respective positions, then it'll be more interesting. Plus with guys like Law and maybe Brennan further down the line. This fight makes a lot of sense right now.
I kind of disagree, FW is pretty stacked up, IMO. The problem is that AJ and Pitbull seem head and shoulders above everyone. Good thing is, Burnell can become an instant contender with a victory over Sanchez, and Borics or Jay Jay will be fresh contenders for the winner of the GP. Between Borcis, Jay Jay, and Burnell there are some solid match ups to be made at the top. Plus very solid veterans like Sanchez and Weichel, and Pico, Gonzales, Diggs making their way soon.

Back