Bellator 265 Aug.20th

I kind of disagree, FW is pretty stacked up, IMO. The problem is that AJ and Pitbull seem head and shoulders above everyone. Good thing is, Burnell can become an instant contender with a victory over Sanchez, and Borics or Jay Jay will be fresh contenders for the winner of the GP. Between Borcis, Jay Jay, and Burnell there are some solid match ups to be made at the top. Plus very solid veterans like Sanchez and Weichel, and Pico, Gonzales, Diggs making their way soon.
Hmmm, maybe a better way to put it is that I think the division is underdeveloped right now. It will be there soon. But there was a lot of dead weight that needed to be cleared out, and the grand prix really helped with that. And it hurt in some ways, like Caldwell taking Borics' O was sub-ideal. But this is a chance for Burnell to hopefully propel himself up and in a few fights, Pico, Gonzales, and maybe Diggs will get there as well, though Diggs is coming off of a loss. Because I agree in principle that it would be nice to get another fight on Jay Jay that isn't a potentially difficult fight for him. But other fighters are also still a fight away so he gets the nod.

yup guys like Derrick Lewis couldn't get a win in bellator but look what he's doing now.

Also guys like Augusto Sakai (4-1 bellator record) Blagoi Ivanov (6-1 bellator record) and Alexander Volkov went 6-3 in bellator, all 4 of these guys are ranked at heavyweight, I haven't bothered to look at any other divisions as this should answer you question pretty well :)
Masvidal, Volkan, Hermansson etc all Bellator rejects who were top 5 in the UFC (Mas and Volkan fought for the title)

Masvidal, Volkan, Hermansson etc all Bellator rejects who were top 5 in the UFC (Mas and Volkan fought for the title)
Holy shit, I didnt know Hermansson was in Bellator, so was Belal Muhammed. Very early in their careers, though. If anything, it speaks volumes about their scouting. LFA gets a lot of credit for their scouting but, IMO the best scouting in MMA is from Bellator by far.

Back