PBP Bellator 244: Bader vs. Nemkov, Fri. 8/21, 7:15 PM ET/4:15 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

Who wins in the Bellator 244 main event?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
tenor.gif
giphy.gif

idk why everyone is complaining, Bader was literally defending himself, he was getting hit but he kept trying to improve position and had the wits to try to grab Vadim's wrists and tie him up.
Agreed. Good stoppage. Bader tried his ass off to stay in it.

I missed main event ..is it avaible to rewatch anywhere?

Nemkov looked very good, I thought he would give Bader a tough fight, but thought probably Bader will end up winning a decision or something. Good fight

Seriously, who thought that was a good idea to broadcast that. Coker is kinda a idiot.

I wish people would give context to that.. calling it a broadcast gives a little more insight. Did he have some kind of party and ignore the Coronavirus? Seems like a pretty douchey thing to do.

Nemkov looked very good, I thought he would give Bader a tough fight, but thought probably Bader will end up winning a decision or something. Good fight

One advantage of those Rizin loses was I'd say Nemkov had already learnt how to counter US LnP tactics and pace himself.

There have been plenty of fighters who got hype simply for being Russian and vaguely similar to Fedor(or Sergei) but even pre Rizin I think it was clear Nemkov was a level above most of them, the same combination of technique and speed/agility that just needed a bit longer to polish.

Honestly at this stage I think he's in the argument for potentially being the best LHW in the world, certainly I think he's a very good case for being the most well rounded.

One advantage of those Rizin loses was I'd say Nemkov had already learnt how to counter US LnP tactics and pace himself.

There have been plenty of fighters who got hype simply for being Russian and vaguely similar to Fedor(or Sergei) but even pre Rizin I think it was clear Nemkov was a level above most of them, the same combination of technique and speed/agility that just needed a bit longer to polish.

Honestly at this stage I think he's in the argument for potentially being the best LHW in the world, certainly I think he's a very good case for being the most well rounded.
I’d really like to see Nemkov in the UFC. Dude is a Top 5 LW I think, and potential champion.

I’d really like to see Nemkov in the UFC. Dude is a Top 5 LW I think, and potential champion.

Yeah there doesn't seem to be a great deal for him at LHW, maybe Mousasi?

Yeah there doesn't seem to be a great deal for him at LHW, maybe Mousasi?
Yeah that fight would be nuts. Maybe in the next year or so after Fedor retires, we’ll see some of his team go to the UFC? I’d like to see what Anatoly Tokov could do at middleweight. Not sure if he’s champ material, but is easily Top 10 if not Top 5.
When we talk about teams and camps, Fedor Team is never mentioned, but Fedor has quietly assembled a team of very good guys including a couple of killers.

Not really an unfair matchup either as Nemkov isn't that big a LHW, if its competitive that could be a series.
Yeah, it’d be interesting to see how they match up physically. Nemkov is a solidly built dude, I think he’s a good sized LHW. Crazy that he’s a whole weight class below Fedor.
5A2782F3-53DD-4D7E-8F53-B0E47823DE0C.jpeg

Is it just me or was commentary shitting all over Bader? Saying he can't fight moving backwards, his training doesn't translate into his fights, he's too slow, bringing up the loss to Rumble. I'm thinking "This guy is a double-champion wtf..." <45>

That was a stone-cold stoppage by Nemkov. I only saw gifs of the high kick, not Bader eating like 200 punches, staggering to his feet, running away, and faceplanting

I wish people would give context to that.. calling it a broadcast gives a little more insight. Did he have some kind of party and ignore the Coronavirus? Seems like a pretty douchey thing to do.
bader-jpg.793229

They're talking about this shot, that was shown just prior to fight. Credit for this belongs with EndlessCritic in a different thread/ same topic i.e. "social undistancing".

Back