Bellator 228 Pitbull vs Archuleta

Lmao, win or lose happy to get Machida at those odds.

That was a whole lot of them staring at each other.

Moose is a letdown lol

Happy spence jr closed some parlays, think lyoto can easily pull the upset

Third round was good. I had machida winning it, then mousasi edged it with the TD, but that was a legit sub attempt at the end. I think machida might have edged it 2-1. I would not be surprised to see it 3-0 mousasi though.

That was a carbon copy of the first fight, im pretty ashamed of Mousasi's performance. I really thought he could've worked it.

I really don't understand how one give either round 1 or round 2 to Machida. He literally did nothing while Mousasi actually landed a few hard punches that had Machida temporarily stunned.

Round 3 I think there is a much stronger argument for Machida, as he was actually winning before the takedown and did have a solid, if low-percentage submission attempt.

That was a carbon copy of the first fight, im pretty ashamed of Mousasi's performance. I really thought he could've worked it.

Seriously. Lyoto is 41 years old and has 3” less reach and infinitely worse power/chin

If Mousasi just moved forward and threw bombs, he would have KO’d Machida. Instead he copied the Eryk Anders gameplan of pretend you are fighting prime Lyoto and try to lose a robbery split.

Didn’t think it was possible for Mousasi to not massively one up Anders’ performance but it was only slightly better

Seriously. Lyoto is 41 years old and has 3” less reach and infinitely worse power/chin

If Mousasi just moved forward and threw bombs, he would have KO’d Machida. Instead he copied the Eryk Anders gameplan of pretend you are fighting prime Lyoto and try to lose a robbery split.

Didn’t think it was possible for Mousasi to not massively one up Anders’ performance but it was only slightly better
I mean its easy to say but Machida was waiting for him to blitz and throw that straight left. He landed one clean in R1 that looked to make Moose hesitant. Seemed like he was clearly up 2 rounds as well doing what he was doing.

Main surprise imo is he didn't shoot any TDs, especially when he had him backed up into the fence he could have level changed easily for a double.

It's not that simple. Machida was actually opening up himself a LOT more against Anders, and that in turn gave Anders the openings he used to hurt Machida with. For instance, Machida was throwing a lot of naked, full-power leg kicks against Anders and was occasionally countered hard for it.

He didn't throw a single such kick against Mousasi. For obvious reasons.

He gave Mousasi zero openings and hoped Mousasi would become reckless and come forward, allowing him to counter like he did in the first fight, even if his reactions and timing aren't the same.

Mousasi, in turn, was an absolute rock and refused to do it outside of a few instances where he saw a clear opportunity and connected with some punches, which in turn made Machida retreat and become more cautious than ever.

Boring fight from a fan perspective, but quite fascinating in terms of the strategy behind it.

Mousasi is a smart fighter and Machida might be THE smartest fighter in MMA history.

Disappointed to not get the win with Lyoto but I don't feel I made a bad play at those odds.

Should have been all over Pitbull in retrospect, he fought a perfect fight really, just let Archuleta dance around and tire himself out while effectively countering in both striking and grappling.

Man I killed it on Bellator, but was washed out by the UFC event. I haven't been posting here much lately, but I was pretty big on Pitbull. The Bandejas fight showed Archuleta doesn't look that great when he can't bully throughout or overwhelm.

I was actually on Moose there. Man, I don't really know how he can get touted as one of the best guys out there. He can just look awful sometimes.

I was actually on Moose there. Man, I don't really know how he can get touted as one of the best guys out there. He can just look awful sometimes.

You can literally make that argument about EVERY great fighter, though.

Jon Jones arguably lost to a one-legged Thiago Santos in his last fight. Looked dreadful. If you had told someone "that's the best fighter in MMA history" and showed them that bout, they would laugh and think the sport was full of bums.

Jose Aldo looked listless and weak against Volkanovski in his last fight, and of course, had that embarrassing loss to McGregor.

Anderson Silva? Tons of embarrassing losses and poor performances on his record, beginning with his losses in PRIDE to Daiju Takase and Ryo Chonan.

I could go on and on.

That's actually one mistake people make; thinking a great fighter is always going to put on a spectacular, dominant performance for perpetuity.

Was surprised that Saul Rogers couldn't complete a takedown to make the Daniel Weichel fight closer. Pitbull really outclassed Juan Archuleta in the featherweight title fight- I thought that it was going to be more competitive. Should have bet the A.J. McKee under 2½ total a lot bigger, it had great value at +209. Small 0.71 unit loss on the balance.

Bellator 228
Results Risk $600.00

Lyoto Machida/Gegard Mousasi Over 2½ (+100) $100.00 for $100.00= $100.00

Juan Archuleta (+122) vs Patricio Freire $100.00 for $122.00= -$100.00
Juan Archuleta (+115) vs Patricio Freire $0.00 for $100.00 (free play)= -$0.00

A.J. McKee/Georgi Karakhanyan Under 2½ (+209) $100.00 for $209.00= $209.00

Henry Corrales (+135) vs Darrion Caldwell $100.00 for $135.00= -$100.00
Henry Corrales (+135) vs Darrion Caldwell $0.00 for $100.00 (free play)= -$0.00

Saul Rogers (+160) vs Daniel Weichel $200.00 for $320.00= -$200.00
-----

Total Loss= -$91.00

Weichel had great TDD and Saul is a lot chinnier than I thought he was.

I was hoping for Weichel to get Caldwell in round 2 as I think he would have been a very live dog.

Man I killed it on Bellator, but was washed out by the UFC event. I haven't been posting here much lately, but I was pretty big on Pitbull. The Bandejas fight showed Archuleta doesn't look that great when he can't bully throughout or overwhelm.

With big You mean 10 bucks to win 7 lol.

Back