Bellator 206 Mousasi vs MacDonald

Because Moose generally finishes guys where he has a large advantage over them, I.E. submits strikers, KO's grapplers. Rory is well rounded enough where you would be betting on his nose giving out to the point he gets TKO'd. He took A LOT of punishment before sucumming to Robbie Lawler and as we know Lawler can fucking bang. Just bet the ML for 75% of your stake and hit ITD for 25% or some variance of that. Don't get suckered into betting just the prop when your guy could win a clear dec and you still lose.

Edit: I should say finishes them at their weakest point, so not necessarily submits strikers, but takes them down and either finishes with a sub or TKO.

I agree with everything you said. Two well rounded and patient guys like Rory and Moose generally is a recipe for a decision. Neither over-extend themselves seeking a finish and that makes both of them less likely to get one or be finished seeking one.

But the fact that Mousasi will have 10-15 lbs on Rory may be considered a 'large advantage.' This advantage can shift every aspect of the game. Maybe a punch that comes from a 170 lbs Mousasi won't rock Rory. Maybe Rory can grapple comfortable with a 170 lbs Mousasi but gasses in a couple rounds here instead. The weight difference might be a pretty big factor here.

What other fights have featured a top tier natural WW vs a top tier natural MW? I'm trying to think of one and am coming up short.

I agree with everything you said. Two well rounded and patient guys like Rory and Moose generally is a recipe for a decision. Neither over-extend themselves seeking a finish and that makes both of them less likely to get one or be finished seeking one.

But the fact that Mousasi will have 10-15 lbs on Rory may be considered a 'large advantage.' This advantage can shift every aspect of the game. Maybe a punch that comes from a 170 lbs Mousasi won't rock Rory. Maybe Rory can grapple comfortable with a 170 lbs Mousasi but gasses in a couple rounds here instead. The weight difference might be a pretty big factor here.

What other fights have featured a top tier natural WW vs a top tier natural MW? I'm trying to think of one and am coming up short.
Whittaker and Gastelum's careers'd count, IMO. Whittaker made WW pretty comfortably, and Gastelum'd be a WW if he wasn't addicted to burritos.

Bisping-GSP, too.

Whittaker and Gastelum's careers'd count, IMO. Whittaker made WW pretty comfortably, and Gastelum'd be a WW if he wasn't addicted to burritos.

Bisping-GSP, too.

Hopefully for Rory, he'll look more like Whittaker against MW than Gastelum did against Weidman. Worst case scenario is to look like Hendricks' middleweight run.

Do you think Lima hits as hard as Gegard? Or possesses the same kind of wrestling and submission ability? I don't think he does, so what does it matter if he is as good as a finisher? He's not hitting as hard to begin with.
I think Lima hits at least as hard as Mousasi if not harder

I haven't followed Bellator too seriously but I don't understand why Lima is the dog he has a win over Koresh few yrs ago and he seems to not have slowed down.

I haven't followed Bellator too seriously but I don't understand why Lima is the dog he has a win over Koresh few yrs ago and he seems to not have slowed down.
He also has a loss to him, and in his win against him he arguably lost the 2 first rounds before getting the knock out in the third. And Koresh was having success against Lima in the wrestling department, which didn't seem to have improved in Limas latest fight against Rory

He also has a loss to him, and in his win against him he arguably lost the 2 first rounds before getting the knock out in the third. And Koresh was having success against Lima in the wrestling department, which didn't seem to have improved in Limas latest fight against Rory
I'm on Lima, but I hate how he just closes his guard on the bottom and lays there without looking to improve position. On the other side, I like that this is a 5 rounder, more time for him to look for the finish and I think he'll find it. Still a very interesting fight and really looking forward to this event as a whole. I can't get DAZN in the Netherlands, so I'm going to have to find a stream, but whatever.

Look for a English Channel 5 stream, it’s on from 3 in the morning here.

I'm on Lima, but I hate how he just closes his guard on the bottom and lays there without looking to improve position. On the other side, I like that this is a 5 rounder, more time for him to look for the finish and I think he'll find it. Still a very interesting fight and really looking forward to this event as a whole. I can't get DAZN in the Netherlands, so I'm going to have to find a stream, but whatever.
Yeah I'm also on Lima. I imagine he has to have learned his lesson from the Rory fight after basically giving away his belt.

Can't watch DAZN in Sweden either, PM me if you find a stream. Otherwise I guess I have to strain away from the internet untill there's a torrent up to download it. But fucking Rizin going on right after also and was planning to watch that live and it sucks not being able to go on twitter, forums etc while the fights are going on because then you will for sure get the Bellator results spoiled

Yeah I'm also on Lima. I imagine he has to have learned his lesson from the Rory fight after basically giving away his belt.

Can't watch DAZN in Sweden either, PM me if you find a stream. Otherwise I guess I have to strain away from the internet untill there's a torrent up to download it. But fucking Rizin going on right after also and was planning to watch that live and it sucks not being able to go on twitter, forums etc while the fights are going on because then you will for sure get the Bellator results spoiled
I'm almost sure we will find a stream

I hope he has learned his lesson, but he did the same in his first fight against Koreshkov IIRC

Bisping-GSP, too.

Whittaker has spoken about how he struggled to make 170. He was really young when he was at ww. Gastelum probably should be though. But he handles he size difference well at mw. Still think he will struggle to stay at mw after a while.

This is a good point, but I don’t get why you would bet on Mousasi if you don’t believe he will finish. Power + durability are his main advantages over Rory outside of size

The only fight Rory has failed to control without getting hurt is WB. Other than that he beats everybody on the scorecards. If Mousasi doesn’t break him, how does he win? Don’t see wrestlefuck happening

I think Moose can definitely finish and have 2u at -190, but I wouldn't bet strictly on his ITD line. I think it is kind of silly to think Moose can't win a decision. He has cruised to decision's before and is basically in control of every fight he is in as well. He doesn't need to wrestlefuck to win a decision, not really understanding why you think it is ITD or bust for Mousasi here. He is 7-2 in decisions, Rory is 6-2.....

I think I will play this shit
Rampage
Gegard
Aaron Pico
Lima
150 to win 600

Back