• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bellator 161 - Johnson vs Kongo

no clue who arteaga is.

She's a scrappy striker.
Not the most technically sound.
I don't think she has that much power.

If she works on her diet a little better she can make 115 IMO.

Her ground game is decent by women's standards. I think she's a blue belt. I grappled her a few times.

She's trains at a strong wrestling gym but I feel that's the weakest part of her game. Two PAC-10 wrestling champs run the gym. Also Joe warren used to be there a bunch back in the day.

IMO she lost her last fight but it was razor close.
I'm 99% she gets out techniqued and possibly finished.

Also:
Her brother is a decent flyweight. Seen a lot of his fights live and he has a bunch of sub-10 second KOs which is hard to do at flyweight.
He lost to Yoni who's number 2 seed on the current TUF.

I sort of understand since Kongo is one of the best HWs outside Zuffa, but so is Johnson. Dude is like Cormier-lite.

Kongo shows great wrestling when he can bully the striker with limited grappling, but Johnson ain't that guy. TJ chains his takedown attempts incredibly and can go a hard 3. I feel Volkov was a harder match-up due to his length and cardio, two things Tony doesn't have to worry about nearly as much.

Edit: That was a reply to ninjacat. Not sure what happened there.

smashing kongo NSC -115

johnson has no power on the feet and the way he couldn't put away butler on the ground was laughable. weakest tko ever in rd 3. he was fighting a corpse at that point.

kongo got finished by some crazy power punchers in the ufc, that's it. he went 5 with minakov recently. he went 3 with mo who's a way more powerful version of johnson (in terms of ko threat)

i cap kongo NSC at like -300. it could definitely push by going to decision, but i do not see johnson stopping kongo

Added:

Cheick Kongo scorecards = no action (-115) $172.50 for $150.00

Emily Ducote with the juicy thighs and rump.

Her nickname is Gordinha, which means "chubby," according to Google translate.

----------

Another good performance from Ducote. She's only 4-1, but has shown some good skills for a relatively new fighter. Since she's only 23-years-old, I expect to see her show improvements in every fight.

Last edited:
Emily Ducote with the juicy thighs and rump.

Her nickname is Gordinha, which means "chubby," according to Google translate.

----------

Another good performance from Ducote. She's only 4-1, but has shown some good skills for a relatively new fighter. Since she's only 23-years-old, I expect to see her show improvements in every fight.
I miss Kountermove. They used to have featured prelim fighters like Ducote in their lineups for Bellator. Could have won points with her in my roster tonight.

Bella 161 Risk: 689.80
Kongo +125: 200 for 250 / kongo DEC: 30 for 100.50 / O2.5: 101.50 for 70 / Johnson
kakai DEC: 20 for 48 / O2.5: 100.80 for 65 / warren: 0 for 10
Yankova-Arteaga: no bet
Campos -125: 187.50 for 150 / U1.5: 50 for 70 / chan
---

Waiting to see one more thing but about set
Bella 161 Risk: 945.80
Kongo +115: 100 for 115 / kongo DEC: 30 for 100.50 / kongo NSC: 287.50 for 250 / O2.5: 101.50 for 70 / Johnson
warren +180: 50 for 90 / O2.5: 119.30 for 75 / kakai DEC: 20 for 48
Yankova-Arteaga: no bet
Campos -125: 187.50 for 150 / U1.5: 50 for 70 / chan
---

revised kongo play with the NSC opener & had to throw 0.5u on warren w/this price

Today when I was looking up Chan I ran across a yahoo article on how he is autistic, thought that was interesting. Any other known autistic fighters at this level

Campos edged the round aside from the rd

But gotta be 10-9 cHan with the kd

Campos should take round 3 now to win this.

Back