Bellator 160: Bendo vs Pitbull - Los Angeles

I think you're throwing money in the bin EZ, if you are actually betting money that is.

what is that supposed to mean?

400 on Pitbul is a bad bet, a bet an amateur would make, so I hope you're not betting real money because I like you and don't want you to lose money for no reason.

400 on Pitbul is a bad bet, a bet an amateur would make, so I hope you're not betting real money because I like you and don't want you to lose money for no reason.

You said that this should be a "close fight". How can you justify saying that a bet on a fighter paying twice your money in a "close fight" is a such a horrible bet? I could see an argument for Henderson being a "bad bet" due to the odds, but that's not what you are talking about. It's sportsbetting so there's always risk involved, but if you consistently bet on fighters who have a 50/50 chance of winning at +200 you will be pretty far ahead of the game at the finish line. There's nothing amateurish about it. Just for the record though, I'm not playing either guy in this fight lol.

thanks.

400 is peanuts to ez

400 is peanuts to ez

wouldn't say that at all. it's a 4u bet. that's about as big as i'll go on a dog prefight anywhere. i think this is a spot that justifies it. i'm on record in saying a bet on bendo at -2xx here is a terrible play, even if he wins a close decision

Bendo wont win a 'close' decision, hes going to decisively win every single fucking round. you are throwing your money into the bin.

Bendo wont win a 'close' decision, hes going to decisively win every single fucking round. you are throwing your money into the bin.
I'm only betting the over here but it's been quite a while since Bendo won any round decisively, he doesn't really let his hands go at all nowadays it seems. I guess he beat up Thatch pretty good but that guy is god awful.

I'm only betting the over here but it's been quite a while since Bendo won any round decisively, he doesn't really let his hands go at all nowadays it seems. I guess he beat up Thatch pretty good but that guy is god awful.
He didn't even beat up Thatch lol he was getting dominated til Thatch gassed

Betting the over is a smart play. That way if the judges mess it up you've got your ass covered. Bendo is clearly the superior fighter here, going down back to his real weghtclass, as Pitbull goes up.

Bendo should have got the nod over Cowboy, hows that for some perspective.

Pitbull is a decent fighter but Bendo is clearly a level above, and I would be shocked if Pitbul wins. I have like 4 units on Bendo. Don't feel nervous at all. EZ should be feeling nervous.

Betting the over is a smart play. That way if the judges mess it up you've got your ass covered. Bendo is clearly the superior fighter here, going down back to his real weghtclass, as Pitbull goes up.

Bendo should have got the nod over Cowboy, hows that for some perspective.

Pitbull is a decent fighter but Bendo is clearly a level above, and I would be shocked if Pitbul wins. I have like 4 units on Bendo. Don't feel nervous at all. EZ should be feeling nervous.
I agree that Bendo beat Cowboy, was close tho.

Thatch did not dominate Bendo prior to Thatch gassing. The first round was extremely close and most scored for Bendo (between Sherdog, MMAJunkie, and Bloody Elbow it was 4 to 1 for Bendo in the first round), 2nd round was Thatch's, third was Bendo's, and then Bendo finished. People like to rewrite history.

Thatch did not dominate Bendo prior to Thatch gassing. The first round was extremely close and most scored for Bendo (between Sherdog, MMAJunkie, and Bloody Elbow it was 4 to 1 for Bendo in the first round), 2nd round was Thatch's, third was Bendo's, and then Bendo finished. People like to rewrite history.
Hmmm I'll take your word. All I remember was Benson getting out struck and rag dolled in the early portion

rd 1 was close, rd 2 was not

but i'm not sure how much bearing bendo-thatch has on pitbull-bendo

rd 1 was close, rd 2 was not

but i'm not sure how much bearing bendo-thatch has on pitbull-bendo

Thatch obv much bigger, way more power. Crap gas tank and his grappling has proven to be pretty low level.

Pitbull won't test Bendo's chin like Thatch did and most likely will not have Bendo in any trouble at any point. But he also won't fade and should be right there in the fight the whole way.

I like the over as the best bet, but I agree with EZ in that there's no way I'd pay this juice on Bendo. Dog or pass. Yes Koreshkov looked very impressive but part of me also thinks Bendo looked a bit slower than in the past and gushy.

I guess I am not seeing why so many are fading Benson. Because he lost to Koreshkov?? Koreshkov is a damn big WW with a good gas tank and is becoming one of the more well rounded 170s out there. He was able to use his size, strength and reach to dominate Benson on the ground and on the feet.

andrey-koreshkov-benson-henderson-bellator-153.jpg

Now Benson is fighting someone on the very other end of the spectrum size wise. A short, stocky, natural featherweight who has zero of the advantages Koreshkov had over Benson. If they are striking, Benson can use his range to out point Pitbull like he has in so many of his fights at 155. He will be stronger and have a grappling advantage. If anything, I see this playing out similarly to Koreshkov and Benson, but Benson will be Koreshkov and Pitbull will be Benson. The only difference is that Pitbull can land a one punch KO, which is certainly possible, but that's a hell of a lot easier said than done since he survived the full three rounds with Koreshkov and he's only been KO'ed once by a perfect knee and follow up punches by RDA.

This is all just my opinion but I feel like Benson by decision is the best play for this fight and one I will toss a couple units on it.

Back