Bellator 145 "Vengeance" Gets Pitbull/Straus and Brooks/Held Title Fights

CC27

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/1...adlined-by-patricio-freire-vs-daniel-straus-3

CMaubohWgAAwKCu.jpg

Bellator will continue its run of tent-pole events in 2015 as the promotion is set to stage their tier one version of events on November 6, sources tell MMA Fighting. The event, titled Bellator 145: Vengeance, will be part of the promotion's return to the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Missouri. Bellator previously held a tent-pole event at Bellator 138 in June of this year, headlined by Ken Shamrock vs. Kimbo Slice.

The event will be headlined by a featherweight title fight between reigning champion Patricio Freire and former champion Daniel Straus. Both previously and most recently competed at Bellator 138, although not against one another. Pitbull was able to get past Daniel Weichel via second-round KO while Straus submitted Henry Corrales in the second round.

Freire and Straus have fought twice previously, however, with the Brazilian the victor both times. Straus dropped a unanimous decision to Freire at Bellator 45 in 2011 and was submitted in the fourth-round at Bellator 132 in January of this year.

In the co-main event, Bellator lightweight champion Will Brooks will defend his title opposite leg lock expert Marcin Held. Brooks most recently competed at Bellator 136 in April where he bested Dave Jansen via unanimous decision. Held also competed at Bellator 136, submitting Alexander Sarnavskiy via kneebar in the third round.

Bellator staples Michael Chandler and Bobby Lashley are expected to compete on the card, but opponents for both fighters have not yet been made.

Last edited:
Ahh beat me too it lol
very excited for this event!
hope they throw Chandler, Thompson & Melvin on card as well, whoever looks most impressive gets next crack at Brooks

Love those fights, but without Kimbo or Tito I think it does average numbers at best.

Straus/Pitbull again? Straus did well in their last fight but at the end of the day he shat the bed, is 0-2 against Pitbull and has only won 1 fight since. It is good to see Pitbull stay active still I'd rather see a fresh face in there.

White Belt

vCash: 500
Straus/Pitbull again? Straus did well in their last fight but at the end of the day he shat the bed, is 0-2 against Pitbull and has only won 1 fight since. It is good to see Pitbull stay active still I'd rather see a fresh face in there.

Yeah it should have been Georgi but I guess he is still injured. Still a great fight tho, at least Bellator is keeping their best fighter busy. 3 fights in less than 11 months!

Bellators FW div doesnt have many contenders, its Curran, Straus, Georgi thats why they need to build Goiti, Lawrence, Macapa/Santos up.

Straus is the one guy in Bellator I think can beat Pitbull if he doesnt mentally fuck up in later rounds.

Two good fights, add Chandler/Punk, maybe Lashley and you have a great card.

But for a tentpole without Tito or Kimbo its not gonna do big ratings.

This will be a test though, Pitbull and Brooks both have been on cards with Tito/Kimbo so this will tell if being on them helped them be bigger draws.

Will Brooks has gotta be butthurt that Pitbull is headlining over him.

Yeah it should have been Georgi but I guess he is still injured. Still a great fight tho, at least Bellator is keeping their best fighter busy. 3 fights in less than 11 months!

I'm guessing Pitbull wants to be busy as well, rumor is he might test free agency.

Hopefully they get a half decent opponent for Lashley, watching him lazily GnP cans is getting old.

Hopefully they get a half decent opponent for Lashley, watching him lazily GnP cans is getting old.

If I'm Bellator I dont even put him on this card though, I look to cash in and do Minakov/Lashley and if Minakov isnt gonna fight for Bellator then strip him and do Lashley vs Kongo or Tony for the title.

I'd get Lashley in a title fight before he loses.

But if they dont give him a title fight then you are right, they have to give him someone at the top of the div, no more squash matches. Enough is enough, if not title fight then it needs to be Kongo, JT, TOny Johnson, someone like that.

Same way with MVP.

could be wrong but i think i remember reading pitbull does good numbers for bellator.

Yeah he does solid numbers plus 1.9 million saw him fight Weichel thanks to Kimbo/Shamrock. Plus he is the Bellator record holder for wins.

If I'm Bellator I dont even put him on this card though, I look to cash in and do Minakov/Lashley and if Minakov isnt gonna fight for Bellator then strip him and do Lashley vs Kongo or Tony for the title.

I'd get Lashley in a title fight before he loses.

But if they dont give him a title fight then you are right, they have to give him someone at the top of the div, no more squash matches. Enough is enough, if not title fight then it needs to be Kongo, JT, TOny Johnson, someone like that.

Same way with MVP.

I think the Fight Nights promoter said he expects Minakov to fight in Russia two more times this year. I highly doubt we see ever see him in Bellator again. Says he wants to fight for the UFC.

I can't wait for Pitbull/Straus.

Legit two fights.. im tuning in for sure... rooting for pitbull like always, but straus gave him all he can handle the last time around. Hopefully pitbull can make some changes and come out looking better the next time around..

Pitbull had 1.9m eyeballs when he koed daniel.. a tentpole headlined by bellator talent is very interesting.. we will see what kind of numbers they get.

I think the Fight Nights promoter said he expects Minakov to fight in Russia two more times this year. I highly doubt we see ever see him in Bellator again. Says he wants to fight for the UFC.

That totally sucks. Source?

I doubt the UFC would sign him, they would let the WSOF nab him just to wash off the "Bellator stink" off him. They never sign guys straight outta Bellator unless they have shown interest in them before (Alvarez and Lombard) The UFC passed on Shah, Frodo, Vegh, and Askren. Minakov is about as "unmarketable" as the guys they previously passed on.

Whatever, he got layed on by Kongo anyways.

Pitbull/ Straus is a good matchup but i cant help but think this 3d fight is made a little to soon. still verry excited.

and Finally Brooks back in action.

Back