Bellator 145 "Vengeance" Gets Pitbull/Straus and Brooks/Held Title Fights

Yeah he does solid numbers plus 1.9 million saw him fight Weichel thanks to Kimbo/Shamrock. Plus he is Bellator record holder for wins.

It helped but he's been getting well over a millions viewers every fight for quite some time now.

One of the best cards of the year. Should be amazing. Doesn't give me much hope for 144 though all their best fighters are tied up now. Same with 146 like a week after this

Last edited:
Love the Brooks-Held fight, but a bit dissappointed with Pitbull/Straus 3.

Straus has lost twice already - lost a comfortable decision a few years ago then got tapped out last year. Obviously Kharakanyan would be my number 1 choice, but seems he is injured so I would have still rather seen Justin Lawrence or even Goiti Yamauchi.

Fun two fights. But just don't think Straus has done enough to give me any reason it'll be any different this time. It's going to be a hard sell and the show won't do as good of numbers as other tent poles.

But it should be a fun night either way. Hyped for Held and Brooks. They should attempt to get Kos or Josh Thomson on this to beef it up.

Bellator could lose both Pitbull and Brooks in the near future.

They should attempt to get Kos or Josh Thomson on this to beef it up.

Kos is fighting on the Fresno card in December

Thompson could be a good fight against Chandler as he is confirmed for the card. I would however prefer to see both guys fight different opponents first.

How about throwing MVP onto this card?

They ever going to give Lashley a step up? Lashley v. Kongo or Volkov.

That totally sucks. Source?

I doubt the UFC would sign him, they would let the WSOF nab him just to wash off the "Bellator stink" off him. They never sign guys straight outta Bellator unless they have shown interest in them before (Alvarez and Lombard) The UFC passed on Shah, Frodo, Vegh, and Askren. Minakov is about as "unmarketable" as the guys they previously passed on.

Whatever, he got layed on by Kongo anyways.

He's their HW champ and the HW division is starved for talent. I think the UFC will be far more interested in him than they were Cole Konrad.

That's a makeshift tarp, not a tentpole.

this is the problem that bellator is facing. coker will either put on freakshow fights to get ratings, or put up some of their most promising talent in hopes of them getting solid rating.. they will get shit for it either way.

call me crazy, but I feel like this even headlined by pitbull and straus will peak at around 1.5m... I know you probably think that is completely off, but keep in mind that pitbull pulled in 1.2m the last time he fought straus(they headlined)...

since then, pitbull had 1.9m eyeballs watch him sleep wichel..

is this the first tentpole event not headlined by either tito or kimbo?

is this the first tentpole event not headlined by either tito or kimbo?

Naw they also did that "British Invasion" card headlined by Newton vs. McGeary which only averaged 900K and peaked at 1.2 million

That card was crushed by injuries tho as Lashley, MVP, and Lima all pulled out.

So it's kind off hard to gauge how they would do without the huge stars.

Chandler/Rickels 2 is not a fight I care to see again.

KNow Bellator is limited with their roster but Chandler vs Couture or Anderson would have been better

for the sake of Bellators future, i really hope the event succeeds
i don't want to see Kimbo, Tito, Shamrock or Bonnar headlining events, i get why bellator did it but hope that stays in the past
Brooks and Pitbull are both ridiculously talents, Patricio is literally one of the most exciting fighters to watch in all of MMA
I hope hardcores and casuals can get behind this event so that we can see Bellator put on the best fights possible and not resorting to having bunch of old washed up vets headlining to draw ratings

Back